Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

TheIneff posted:

Is the new Job For a Cowboy album Ruination worth listening to?

I bought this randomly after not being a fan of JFAC, but heard the new tune and it'd decidedly more DM, so thought I'd try it... meh. It's frantic but nothing memorable at all, it all blends together. I can't recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
You're not alone... just realize it's a stream on both ends. Music that you may consider noise may be awesome to someone else. I don't go for the breakdown bands either, but I know others like them so... so be it. I don't like country western either, so what do I know? It's pretty popular. I like tech-death but many people poo-poo on it, saying it has no emotion. *shrug* To each their own...

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I didn't know George Thorogood was still making music.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Well, at least you have sliding power chords down.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Despised Icon is breaking up.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
He does in certain parts, was the first thing I was reminded of too.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Woo, I get to be an opener for Within the Ruins this weekend... psyched!

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Worcester Palladium.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

SeraphSlaughter posted:

Oh hey, I'm from MA too. What's your band?

http://www.facebook.com/boarcorpse

We just got a new vocalist with a totally different style, it was his first time with us this weekend.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Amazing what a little production can do to the blandest material possible.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Thanks for that, sounds interesting, trying it out

edit: hmm, I like TAS's cover except for the vocals. So out of place.

NarkyBark fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 23, 2011

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

MMMCCLI posted:

Yeah this is my sentiment exactly, I'm all for brutal vocals but when you can't actually make out a word that's being said, time to give up.

Then you're not for brutal vocals then? That's usually a selling point.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

krustster posted:

More lame is that bands still regularly make the first track an intro and it's almost always some noise/sample poo poo that nobody actually wants to listen to. It's gotten to the point where I almost always skip the first track, under the assumption that it will be an intro, when listening to a new tape.

Even worse is when they DON'T make it a separate track so you have to fast forward it to skip the nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
A new Faceless tune has landed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Zj9LpJK8Y