Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

ScottABoy posted:

The new Kissy Face Fashion Faux Pas album is pretty loving good.
This is one of the worst bands in the entire universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

ScottABoy posted:

Perhaps a bit harsh in a thread where Attack! Attack! has been reccomended?
Check out one of their shows and you'll see what I mean.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

edit: And they put on a pretty good show
You have never seen a "good show".

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Demolisher posted:

The only issue I have with their live set is how high the dB rating is.
are you 45?

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

modernlifeisadam posted:

probably not, because their poo poo is pretty loving technical so i imagine they can't move around much
the dillinger escape plan manage.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

hahaha that new converge song loving sucks, so does the ETID as well actually. Someone needs to tell Keith to stop trying to loving sing.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

MalConstant posted:

For a band that isn't signed, holy poo poo. The breakdown at 3:09 with the machine gun sound is great.
The day this band gets signed is the day music officially dies.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I may be wrong, but what don't you like about the band/song? Just curious.

Im just not a big fan of bands who do everything decently but nothing exceptionally. When the highpoint of a super-long song is a keyboard machine gun sample I think you're probably not doing the rest of the stuff properly.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

What makes that song interesting enough to be "awesome" or whatever? The lead guitar harmonies are sloppy and uninteresting, they aren't very creative musicians and its just entirely too long. I mean, I understand that they are a young band and all, but why write music that people before you have already done 1000x better?

They have a piano player but you only hear him for 4 seconds about 1/4 of the way into the song and then Im assuming he also triggers the bassdrop style explosion sample? I'd be willing to wager that he is the most musically talented member of that band, and you dont hear him at all.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

ok guys sorry i take everything i said about the band back. i watched the video again and ive decided that the MACHINE GUN cliche-breakdown into the EXPLOSION SAMPLE followed by the SPINNING LEG KICK is absolutely the best thing in music ever.

I think I thought this band was trying to be serious, but actually this is one of the best parody bands ive ever seen.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

They parody being serious... or parody parodying serious music... I'm not real sure :psyduck:
i cant tell what the slow motion spinning heel kick is parodying, but its doing it well.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

haha i dunno pissing on a chick because she doesnt want to gently caress you is pretty goddamn rock and roll

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

i think most of the judgement is based on them writing horrible music, pissing on girls and throwing liquor bottles are actually positive in this case.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

yeah liferuiner is not really straight edge from what i hear. same thing with MCMB, this girl i know swears to christ that they spent the night at her house and got shitfaced and ended up pouring a bottle of vodka in their fish tank, killing all the fish.

ahahaha i loving hope that is true because that is funny as hell

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

A5H posted:

I want to see dillingers singer fight everyone.

He is 4 feet tall.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

I understand the idea of being big and also short, but he has short arms and that makes people lose fights a lot.

That being said i would not fight Greg ever.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

He throws one hell of a loving punch though. He tried to punch a crowd surfer and clocked me in the temple instead, and I felt like a freight train ran into my skull.

I'd like to watch him, Trent Reznor and Billy Corgan all fight.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Corgan is 25 feet tall and went to jail for fighting a bunch of times with the Pumpkins, he is like Jack White, just a scrappy dude.

Throw Chad Kroeger in there and it would sell out MSG.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Somebody tell me where to start with Cave In.

Basically every album is drastically different so you kind of need to listen around and see what stuff you enjoy, then work from there.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Eight Is Legend posted:

Could you explain all this technical mumbo jumbo to a guy who just think the new record is awesome? What should I be listening for?
Nothing, that dude just wants Ballou to "erupt" in his mouth. If you enjoy the record, you enjoy it. Don't look for reasons why.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

I liked Dream Theater more before they started calling themselves Between the Buried and Me. BTBAM's new album just sounds like someone said "hey guys! you know whats cool? Take the time! lets do that!"

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Im sure listening to a band release the same album 6 times in a row would be a lot worse than y'know... progressing as time goes by?

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

All people need to stop loving complaining on the internet. Do something about it if your precious "scene" is dying, start a band. Start a magazine. Print T-shirts, make something better.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

I hate all successful bands, I only listen to demos recorded by my friends bands from 10 years ago. All other music is bullshit.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

Listen to 1:22 and tell me they "just happen" to appeal to a large crowd.

Do you think they wrote that part and when they played it live they were looking at each other like what the hell are the people in the crowd doing?!

This is actually pretty cool. I don't like their cookie monster vocals but I don't really see what your big issue is here. Maybe if you don't like it, just don't listen to it? I can't stand Jacob Bannon so I just don't listen to Converge, it works out really well.

Im not sure if you're trying to say that writing music that people are going to enjoy is a bad thing? What are you supposed to think when you write a certain part of a song?

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

I'm still confused as to what you're supposed to write other than music that other people will enjoy listening to.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

So out of the hundreds of bands who clearly were influenced to create the same generic type of hardcore, you don't think that any of them are actually enjoying playing and writing the music they play? That seems a bit outrageous.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you, but there's also people who just honestly think that lovely medio-core breakdown poo poo is actually awesome.

Just because a band is popular doesn't mean they necessarily "sold out" or whatever buzzword you want to use to say that they are pandering to an audience. Some people just actually think that kind of music is sweet and choose to write it. Different tastes i guess.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

mr.vj posted:

It's impossible to "sell out" when most bands in this thread never had any musical integrity to begin with.
We already went over this. Other than playing what you enjoy (even if others think its really lame and commercial) what does it take to sell out?

What gives a band musical integrity? Most of these lovely breakdown bands absolutely live every moment of what they do... now, what they do is almost total trash, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing it for the right reasons.

I can't figure out how "I dont like this band" means that they "have no musical integrity". Clearly they are all very proficient at their instruments and have honed their craft, what more do you need to have integrity?

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

anyone else want to post about how angry they are with what the kids are wearing these days? Back in my day we wore flannel jackets and baggy jeans, kids these days with their tight jeans and colorful shirts, DIFFERENT THAN US i tell you, its as if they are DIFFERENT than us. disgusting.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Business Raptor posted:

Daughters are fantastic. Gotta love them Canada songs.

Does anyone like grindcore...?

I love daughters but that band is hilariously bad. That can't be serious.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Pantalones! posted:

I don't usually care about the influences section and I don't really take it seriously but I think a band that lists orchid as a major influence has much better chances of actually being good than one that lists whatever poo poo metalcore flavor of the month band you guys talk about constantly.
This is one of the best posts for not only defending a completely stupid idea, but also managing to attempt to insult everyone else in the thread for not being as well versed in amazing music as the poster. Very nice work.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Pantalones! posted:

I'm only insulting the ones with bad taste, why do you think it applies to everyone in the thread?

Pantalones! posted:

whatever poo poo metalcore flavor of the month band you guys talk about constantly.

Sorry, I take back my compliment if you only feel you are better than a single person.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

f they did a reunion anywhere in the world, I'd be there.
Didn't they already do this like 4 years ago?

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

You're talking about 7A7P? I already explained in this thread earlier that I did go to that. I'm talking about endthisday.
I apparently can't read or write. My bad.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

-Atom- posted:

The only time I could see it being somewhat called for if the musicians were clearly drunk and loving up the performance.
You are completely missing the point of rock and roll.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

XxsXexX bitch
haha yeah that poo poo is so loving lame.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

My band THE ARMED has a new EP coming out (it'll be free) and we made a little teaser video that features a guy playing drums that most people in this thread will enjoy.

http://www.friendsthroughcommonenemies.com

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Awesome, we definitely want to look into touring, but its so goddamn expensive and we waste all our money recording and releasing records.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

rgrdgr Karnage posted:

I downloaded your album last night and am enjoying the gently caress out of it. This is really great stuff. I'll be looking forward to your EP, and I'm letting all my friends know about you guys asap.
Thanks a ton dude! I'll definitely be posting the EP on here once we get the loving vinyl printed. Stupid archaic music format takes forever to press. (I love vinyl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Been listening a bit more - Party at Pablo's owns.
Haha thanks man!

neato burrito posted:

You guys wear your influences on your sleeve, but These Are Lights loving owns. Can't wait to hear the new stuff, thanks for the free album.
Getting Chris to play with us sort of gives away the big influences secret I guess. haha. Glad you dig it!