Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!

krustster posted:

"Starting Over" is one of my favorite songs on there, really. It reminds me of the classic "Rose of Sharyn".

Seconding the love for this song, goddamn it is great. I don't think I like this album as much as As Daylight Dies but it's still pretty damned good (I've also been listening to that since release, so I have a number of years of bias heh). Going to Mayhem Fest in a month and seeing KSE with All That Remains (who I loving MISSED last time they were in town because the lead singer blew out his voice), can't loving wait for that.

I'm gonna have to follow this thread and get some good recommendations for new bands to check out.

EDIT: ^^^^^^^ And I've never heard of Bullet For My Valentine but they are playing at said concert, pretty good eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!

-Atom- posted:

I was just at Mayhem Festival last Saturday and I was pretty blown away by a lot of bands I've never really given a chance.

Whitechapel, Job for a Cowboy and God Forbid pretty much tore the house down before they even opened the main stage area. Trivium was Trivium but closed their set pretty awesomely, and Black Dahlia were killing it while Metal Mulisha were doing back flips and poo poo. Killswitch was awesome too, and I would do anything to hang out with Adam D on a Saturday night.

But Slayer stole the show from everybody and my friends and I left after 5 Manson songs. That was my first time seeing him, but is he always that boring?

I found Bullet For My Valentine to be really average.

And I took this video of a guy 'enjoying' himself during Slayer. It was the oddest thing I have ever seen at a concert in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKSUG_NXo6s

Hey thanks for the writeup, makes me even more pumped! I've never heard of Trivium (but my friend with similar musical tastes says they're last album is pretty good), never listened to Manson (and have no idea what to expect from that) or Slayer (everyone seems to agree that they rock).

-Atom- posted:

Killswitch was awesome too, and I would do anything to hang out with Adam D on a Saturday night.

The only think I know about Adam D is the hilarious faces he makes while playing and that he wore a San Andreas tshirt in that (funny as hell) Daylight Dies preview video he made with Howard. Super nerdy but he seems pretty funny / entertaining.

Speaking of that, goddamn why didn't they make another one of those? The Daylight Dies one is absolutely hysterical, I still watch it every now and then.

Dr. Glasscock fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 16, 2009