Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

-Atom- posted:

On Between the Buried and Me's MySpace has a teaser from their new album.

It's going to melt faces, that's for sure.

I've never been more excited for an album. Colors completely floored me, and I'm scared and excited to see how they're going to follow it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Cock Soup posted:

While on that subject, has All Shall Perish already been mentionned in this thread? Their last album gets pretty dull after the 5th track, but The Price Of Existence has been #1 of my top ten metalcore/deathcore list for about a year and a half now. I expect it to remain there until the next BTBAM.

I consider The Price of Existence the crown jewel of "deathcore". I don't listen to much else in the genre because it all pales in comparison.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

the Bunt posted:

A song that isn't Obfuscation or Mirrors?

Mannn...I don't know if I want to hear the album in bits and pieces like this

I think everything else is just live clips, since they've been playing new songs for a while now.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

The Dirtyness posted:

Hey that's just the feel I got from the album. I really haven't heard anything else like it which is why I had a lot of trouble describing it.

Anyway, here's BTBAM's setlist from Friday night for those interested in what they've been playing this tour:

All Bodies
Selkies: The Endless Obsession
Obfuscation
The Backtrack
Decade of Statues
White Walls

Unfortunately I got there late and missed The Faceless but BTBAM was awesome.

Thank goodness they still open with All Bodies. That poo poo gets me so excited :rock:

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

A5H posted:

BTBAM leaked :supaburn:

WHAT

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Asnorban posted:

Review after one listen: Not as good as Colors. Pretty derivative of other bands work. Track 4 is a Mr. Bungle song.

Its Colors II in my book. Its not like Colors wasn't full of tributes to Tom Waits/David Bowie/etc.

As far as track 4 goes, it depends on whether you liked that goofy baby-talking poo poo. I got used to it and think its fine, and they did it again.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Does anyone know who does the vocals at around 2:30 into Swim to the Moon?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

I'd rather listen to this really http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N956gyD-8wg

edit: seriously. just listen to that breakdown. awesome.

Is this serious? It sounds like that crabcore band.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

The Dirtyness posted:

I don't think I know many people who just enjoy BTBAM. They either love them or hate them.

I had some roommates who never listened to BTBAM except when they were in my car. Then they demanded it. The intro to All Bodies was like the anthem for pulling out of the driveway.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

there is only a limited amount of music that I enjoy

I think this is where you differ from many of the people in this thread.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

I know I'm coming off like a dick, but I had to express my distress with the current state of this genre of music. There were two other posts previously asking to check out one band on MySpace and the other posting I think a YouTube video and comparing it to the new BTBAM album. I did enjoy what I heard there and I'm not always a cranky rear end in a top hat. I guess there's just no one posting here who can identify with what I've experienced over the years of going to shows and hey its all good but I still find it kind of pathetic to be discussing Atreyu in a -core thread when they don't even fall under the category at all anymore. In fact I don't know what you might classify them as besides "suck".

I understand the feeling, but I think the alternative is stagnation. If bands kept pumping out the same kinds of albums without trying new things and branching out, pretty soon there's no innovation and the genre withers and dies on the vine like ska. Then it'd just be old farts like us going to see the same bands 30 years from now in shithole taverns.

We all know the guy who can't accept the fact that hair metal died in the 90's. All he does is complain about the crappy new music coming out that you can only classify as "suck". Please don't become that guy, ShoogaSlim :(

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

d0grent posted:

I know I don't speak for everyone but I think that just about every genre can be combined with metal and sound loving awesome if it is done right.

Still waiting for a winning crunk-screamo combination.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

My favorite band, Acacia Strain, has only gotten better with each album.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree then, because I can't stand anything they released after 3750.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Isnt this basically Hollywood Undead? :barf:

d0grent posted:

I think that just about every genre can be combined with metal and sound loving awesome if it is done right.

They are doing it oh-so-wrong. Although I guess you can say crabcore is an evolutionary offshoot of that particular brand of southern California self-delusion.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

There's a difference between music I don't enjoy like BTBAM who seem to clearly write music that they want to write, and The Devil Wears Prada, who clearly write music that will score them points on the big breakdown scale and get them signed to big name labels.

But what if they really do want to write massive breakdowns and hella slammin' riffs???

What if...they like their own music too?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Anyone have any opinions on Through the Eyes of the Dead? Just picked them back up recently, and even though their later stuff is more Death Metal than any -core, it's still pretty drat awesome.

Earlier Deathcore stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqhCddD2NHY

Later Death Metal stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNiTW-I7azI (love the opening, but it does drag on a little too long in my opinion)

I loved The Scars of Ages EP but everything else was totally forgettable IMO.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

Wretched World would've been rad if they extend the last 2 minutes to like 3-4 minutes.

I always listen to that song twice in the car for the exact reason you posted.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

TheQat posted:

I'll be at the Dec 15 show at the Ottobar in Baltimore. This will be my sixth time seeing Dillinger (fourth at the Ottobar) and I get more excited every time. They're by far my favorite live band and I can't wait to hear some new songs.

I hope you enjoy it :)

I may have told this story before, but I was up front at a DEP show at Sonar and my hair was burned when Greg Pucciato breathed fire over the crowd.

Yes, they are amazing live. Just don't get set on fire or kicked in the head.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Chon rules hard, but I wish they would come out with more than 4 songs.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

elTeddy posted:

Mike Justian has rejoined The Red Chord. Stoked. Not that Brad was bad, not at all, but Mike definitely has his own thing going on.

He drummed with Unearth for a while, right? What was the deal, is there any news on why he's jumping back and forth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Newer stuff from Agnostic Front sounds a lot like Hatebreed too.