Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Hmm. Can't get into the new BTBAM. I'd much rather listen to Animals As Leaders or the new Red Chord

edit: Check out my friends band. Their CD just came out on Rise Records

http://www.myspace.com/thosewholiebeneath

Mazel Tov fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

TheQat posted:

Maybe this is obvious, but it seems to me that BTBAM isn't really "metalcore" anymore. I mean, they toured with 3, Opeth, and Dream Theater, they supposedly have no live energy (something I really hope for in any band referred to as metalcore), their songs are pretty much averaging 8:00+ . . . comparing them to Red Chord is real apples to oranges stuff, to my mind.

That's not to say you shouldn't feel free to like Red Chord's new stuff more, just that I think BTBAM is quite intentionally heading in an entirely different direction.

True. I wasn't trying to compare just referring to better newish releases. Bummed that BTBAM is heavily into clean vocals/guitar parts now.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Anyone into Fleshrot? Drummer from Animosity does everything except vocals

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
My band had our first show on Halloween and we have 2 songs that were recorded that night up on myspace. Kinda sloppy, but it was our first show. If you like disembodied, blood has been shed, martyr ad, or sepultura check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/tacomaoblivion

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Not bad, not all that good either. If I was at a show where you guys were opening I probably wouldn't pay too much attention except for during breakdowns. You sound pretty sloppy but you said it was your first show. Work on getting more tight and tell your singer to stop being E/N in the mic and just sing.

e: I see you have I Declare War on your top friends. Those guys are pretty good for some silly brutal heavy sloppy breakdown music every once in a while. But in their Influences section on their Myspace page they list all very current bands. Kind of makes me feel like they never listened to anything before getting introduced to metalcore music.

Trust me I was wishing they didn't put the tracks up, but whatever we're only going to get better. You might like my other band more http://www.myspace.com/openfirewa

I dunno why I Declare War is on there and you're correct about your assumption of their influences. "Oh hey deathcore is cool now? I guess we'll try it" Kids here eat that poo poo up and its disappointing.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yeah, I always figured influences was just a list of bands the band members happen to like. I wouldn't expect many people to take it super seriously.

And on the subject of I Declare War, they do have some really fun music, I especially love their Christmas mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZsgcCsc-0

I was there when they recorded those songs, took so many takes just to do anything because we all couldn't stop laughing

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Wow, 10 seconds into this song and I'm digging it a loving LOT. It has some nice melodic riffs going on with a perfectly balanced amount of brutality. I love that 7A7P, Mis Sig mix of light airy sounding stuff mixed with the tough guy hardcore stuff. Reminds me of a band from FL that unfortunately broke up last year called I Am Divide. http://www.myspace.com/iamdivideisstillalive

And the first song that pops up is anti-religion. I'm in love.

Pretty sure we've talked to them before about trying to get a show booked out there for a tour. We got back a few weeks ago from doing a month tour around the US.

We have a few athiest songs. The first one on the page was really hard for us to write. The vocalist and I (guitar) have both had relatives die because they relied on "god" to heal cancer that was operable and would've kept them alive.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Wamsutta posted:

Someone told me the Strain are touring with two guitars now, is that accurate? They hired two temporary dudes in DL's absence? I hope they keep two once DL's back... most of their songs just don't work live because of the single guitar (versus crazy layering on the albums). poo poo I wouldn't be opposed to going back to three if they find the right people, because they sounded loving unreal live during the 3750 era.

3 guitars is pointless. DL pulls it off very well by himself, all he needs is some kind of sampler for the leads that are on the cd. Pretty funny when he's heavier than Whitechapel's 3 guitarists.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Wamsutta posted:

Yeah I agree, 3 is by no means necessary. I've seen the Strain more with just DL than I did with 2 or 3 guitars. You're right that it's mainly the leads that feel missing. I can't imagine seeing the band without DL there. He's half of the stage presence just by himself. The man is a beast.

Whitechapel are awful but I will say this, they play very tight and clean live. I saw them open for Trivium. I didn't enjoy their music in the slightest, but the guys know what they're doing. It's a shame they don't use their powers for good.

Whitechapel are very tight and clean, but then again they aren't really playing anything technical and just bob up and down their entire set. I've played a few shows with them and they're all really nice guys, like you said its a shame they aren't using their powers for good.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Just went to a local show tonight and out of nowhere this band Those Who Lie Beneath came on and blew me away. They were really loving good. Check them on MySpace.

I mentioned them earlier in this thread. Good band and awesome dudes. I've played with them a bunch and they always are amazing live.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
My bands demo is up on myspace now. If you like heavy hardcore check it out

http://www.myspace.com/tacomaoblivion

If you want to hear it with better quality I uploaded it on mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?3k2mnyb4jon

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

The music at the beginning had me bouncing in my seat due to its heavy groove feeling. But the singer does come off as really dry and uninspired from what I've heard so far. Kind of brings down the intensity of the music.

e: Actually, the beginning of the first track before the vocals kicked in was the only part I could actually get into. The rest of all the songs are just too slow-paced for me. Keep making music with Open Fire!

We start tracking our next full length soon ;)

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Clean Cup posted:

I agree, the mixing isn't great, and the technical skill of the lead singer just isn't there. I think if you were to mix it up with a new singer or maybe if he tried to change it up a bit you guys would be right on the mark.

We did the recordings for free so we weren't expecting much. First songs we've written still working everything out. We played a battle of the bands last night as a joke and ended up winning it. $1000 and 30 hours in a studio.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Good, when you playing NYC?

I know i'll be there with Oblivion next spring, not sure when Open Fire is going to tour again yet.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So I finally got around to listening to the entirety of Jhazmyne's Lullaby, and I must say that it is :krad: The CD flows so nicely and the last track is the perfect way to end it. The lyrics are actually good, too.

Such a good cd, and spawned another good band too

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

The Dirtyness posted:

So anyway I just got into this band No Consequence that kind of sounds like a mix between The Faceless and Architects that I thought I'd share. Really melodic tech-death sound with siiiiiiick guitar playing.

Also, Molotov Solution's new CD is pretty solid. If you dig Despised Icon or monstrously huge slam breakdowns you'll like it.

Only a couple solid songs on the new Molotov Solution CD imo. I preferred them more when kyle was still in the band

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

krustster posted:

I love almost every song on there thank you very much :mad: Dunno who Kyle is but if he was the one who did the gurgling vocals, then yeah it's too bad he is gone.

Yeah he was on their first releases, awesome vocalist

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Listening to bands like this just puts a dumb grin on my face because you know it's meant to just dance really obnoxiously to. Sound a little like very early Bury Your Dead when they were actually decent.

The previously mentioned Dillinger preview was way too short to tell if the entire song was going to be good or not. I lost all faith in that band after Miss Machine was mostly a disappointment.

And I've never listened to that band Molotov Solution before but in a way I guess I have, and they're already called White Chapel. Yawn.

Lol, molotov was doin this years before them :) regardless they're better anyways

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Unfortunately White Chapel is bigger and that's who people, like me, who've never heard them before will compare them to. When your sound gets copied and commercialized, you either have to start doing it MUCH better, or just change it up.

Sorry that Whitechapel attracts an ignorant crowd of people and therefore is more commercialized

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

krustster posted:

that band is poo poo :smugbert:

*listens to Winds of Plague*

Yeah gently caress that band *listens to ABACABB*

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

-Atom- posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of the deathcore genre, but when I saw White Chapel at Mayhem Festival I was entertained.

They did head bang in unison though, that was weird.

Did they do the squatting in unison too?

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

-Atom- posted:

gently caress yeah they did.

Haha so many cheesy deathcore bands do that now, sooo funny

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Glad they got a new vocalist, fat dude was a douchebag

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Video from last night of my band Oblivion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ailfRGNHpIE

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

krustster posted:

The new Ghost Inside tape has now "leaked" and it is loving incredible. Seriously it is unbelievably good (unless you don't like good music in which case you are dumb and wrong)

*tries to come up with an appropriate emoticon to express his amazement*

:supaburn: will have to do.

They sold the cd at Rainfest this weekend in Tacoma, Washington. Band/CD rules.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
My band has a new song up from our CD that's coming out soon. Check it out!

http://openfire.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-the-curse

Also if anyone is interested I have a few more songs I can e-mail.

Mazel Tov fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 6, 2011

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
I haven't used megaupload before so hopefully these links work. Curse is a rough mix and is missing main vocals during the last part, but you'll get a good idea of how it will end up sounding. Sticks and Stones just needs to be mastered and has guest vocals on it done by Jamie from Those Who Lie Beneath.

Edit: The YEAAAAAH at the beginning of Curse is a joke, not gonna be in the final mix.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9QW7HPK

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSS1YUZN

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
My other band Oblivion is going into the studio soon to record a new demo here's our old one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3k2mnyb4jon

For fans of: Disembodied, Crowbar, Down-tuned music

Live video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrPQJPRjdik

Mazel Tov fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 14, 2011

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Anyone else going to the "This is Hell Tour"? It's a Who's who of deathcore right now.

I Declare War
Chelsea Grin
Veil of Maya
The Acacia Strain
White Chapel

I'll be at the Atlanta date on Friday night!

I was supposed to be doing merch for IDW, but I got a real job and had to turn it down. Be sure to buy somethin from them!

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Oh gently caress you.

The Ghost Inside is good old fashioned straight edge HARDCORE son.

The audacity....

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but I'm good friends with TGI and they definitely aren't a straight edge band.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Anyways, my bands cd is almost done. I'll be posting it for free for goons.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Doing a west coast tour with my band Oblivion this April

April
7th - Tacoma, Wa - @Red Room
8th - Centralia, Wa - @Dilla Factory
9th - Sacramento, Ca - @Branch St. w/Crucified, more
10th - Pomona, Ca - @Alladins w/Alpha & Omega, Xibalba, Expire, more
11th - Los Angeles, Ca - TBA
12th - San Diego, Ca - TBA
13th - Phoenix, Az - TBA
14th - Las Vegas, Nv - TBA
15th - Fresno, Ca - @China Town Youth Center
16th - Reno, Nv - @Fort Ryland 2000 w/Code X Red, Wolf City, more

All the dates will be filled soon

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Counterparts apparently is in love with my band as they posted to check us out on their facebook today :D We played with them a few months ago, awesome dudes.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Just posted a new Open Fire! track

http://openfire.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-the-curse

CD should be out pretty soon

Mazel Tov fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 5, 2011

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
I saw Periphery a few days ago and it's really funny how jealous Bulb gets when people don't pay attention to him. Everyone was watching the fill in guitarist from Monuments and Bulb kept walking over and standing directly in front of him.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
All of those covers are really awkward except for Misery Signals.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Yeah the lyrics are dumb, find any good deathcore lyrics. You wont.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

You know.. I really like Animosity a lot, but after reading their lyrics I realized they lack in that area just as much as any other deathcore band. I think Embrace the End has good lyrics (from what I've read/can remember) but I would hesitate to classify them as deathcore.

Yeah no need for more genre drama haha. Embrace the End has good lyrics imo, but like you said it's hard to classify genres anymore.

Mazel Tov fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 28, 2011

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Went to that crappy tour that Evergreen Terrace is on last night. Emmure is seriously the worst band, will never think otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
The World We Knew was here on Monday with It Prevails and Farewell to Freeway. Their new songs are much better than their first cd and the beard guitarist(not sure of his name) shreds. It's really awkward seeing It Prevails still trying to be a band with all the lineup changes and having old members back in the band again. Pretty funny going to that show where there was maybe 30 people and then the Asking Alexandria/Emmure show the next day at the same venue selling out