Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Everyone's probably going to disagree with me but I think the new Parkway album is Good. I didn't really like the new sound when I first listened to the new singles a few weeks ago, but I kept them on a short playlist during my commute to work and I've come around. I've listened to the full album a couple of times and it's certainly a departure from metalcore and there's an element of that Avenged Sevenfold generic anthem poo poo to some of the songs (The Void). I liked the new voice/sound Winston uses, especially in Wishing Wells and The Colour of Leaving but less so in Shadow Boxing. Guitar and drums still sound sick as hell and distinctly Parkway.

Horizons and Deep Blue are two of the best albums I've ever loving heard and I'm not going to get that period of Parkway back, but I don't feel like it's fair to hold that against Reverence. It's not my favorite and it's far from perfect but I expect that I'll be listening to this album a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I just saw Parkway here in Arizona last week and they put on a real loving good show. If anyone in here is thinking about seeing them, do it

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Just started listening to Unearth - Extinctons. Jesus Christ this is good.

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 15, 2019