Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Pictures, just in case.

Darker Rainbow by B. B., on Flickr

Rainbow Start by B. B., on Flickr

Rainbow End by B. B., on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 25, 2020

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Sick.

Two 4x5 slides from a trip to a local beach on Monday.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Blackhawk posted:

Sick.

Two 4x5 slides from a trip to a local beach on Monday.

I love the texture of the water in the 1st shot!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

lol nothing ominous about that.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

this is clearly a portrait

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Awesome

Nigel Tufnel fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jun 28, 2020

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Love this one too!

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Nice.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Did a rural panorama on a cold day

Kaweka Ranges by Marc, on Flickr

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Raikyn posted:

Did a rural panorama on a cold day

Kaweka Ranges by Marc, on Flickr

Not normally something I'd care for but the sheep and the snow provide a lot of interest. The road too actually. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Both of those are quite nice.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

:hmmyes:

wrt to the second one i like your super high contrast style for b&w but i don't think it works so well in colour, or at least not that shot

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I like this one, but I think the clean white building in the back kind of spoils it. If it was a bit more ruined looking, it could be a screenshot of a Fallout game. Anyway I think you really captured the feeling of the scene, despite the white building.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am still trying to find my style in colour and trying new things out. That look on the car wash photo is basically pulled Portra 400 with the blacks brought way down. I do like the portra look a lot but it's a bit bright for me. Will keep playing around anyway. Cheers.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Finger Prince posted:

I like this one, but I think the clean white building in the back kind of spoils it. If it was a bit more ruined looking, it could be a screenshot of a Fallout game. Anyway I think you really captured the feeling of the scene, despite the white building.

Nah, without the white building this would be a boring shot, at least this way it provides contrast and context.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

bobmarleysghost posted:

Nah, without the white building this would be a boring shot, at least this way it provides contrast and context.

Yeah I agree that it belongs there, I just wish it wasn't so clean and bland. With the deep shadows in the gas station, I find myself searching for mysterious details, and the plain white slab is a distraction. I think artificially dirtying it up or ruining it a bit in Photoshop would be a bit of fun if one was inclined to do so.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

July 5th by Spookygonk, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That looks like the West German government's attempt to copy Doc Brown's Delorean (and is amazing).

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I just watched a seven minute video about Gamber poultry barn disinfecting service and got to see the ATOM vehicle in action.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Trying to get it before a car came around the corner? I really like how it turned out.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Terrifying Effigies posted:

That looks like the West German government's attempt to copy Doc Brown's Delorean (and is amazing).
I can see that, but it's actually the vehicle Ripley drove to sub-level 3.

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I just watched a seven minute video about Gamber poultry barn disinfecting service and got to see the ATOM vehicle in action.
That's how I discovered its purpose. First guess based on form and size was tunnel cleaning.

Ric fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 12, 2020

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Neowise c/2020 F3 by Aves Lux, on Flickr

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Health Services posted:

Trying to get it before a car came around the corner? I really like how it turned out.

Thanks. It could be said that the image is underexposed but in the scan at least the central part of the sky is already blown out, so it’s one of those situations where I could either keep somewhat of a nice sky color and lose detail in the shadows of the underpass, or vice versa. The sky was probably around EV 12 or 13, the shadows 5 or 6.

I kind of feel like I should be getting more detail out of the highlights with this exposure. It’s Portra 160. Unfortunately I’m away from my own scanner right now so I have to trust this is all the detail that the lab could wring out of this negative.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Just knocking it out the park.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I like this

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Wildfire near the house. In Pre-evacuation zone right now, and just had some heavy rain, should be ok.

Well Aimed by B. B., on Flickr

Too Dry by B. B., on Flickr

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Overexposed a bit, I wish I had a spot meter. Think maybe those horizontal lines in the first photo is from me not fixing enough?

Neopan 6x9 2 by Grease Gunner, on Flickr

Neopan 6x9 4 by Grease Gunner, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Very nice, love this one.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
I wasn't liking it at first but I've made an 11x17 print of it and it came out really well, so now I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

My take on the comet. There was quite a bit of crap in the atmosphere, and I had to bump the ISO up 6400. :(

But at least the faint blue ion tail is visible just above the other tail.