Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
for some reason I'm picking up terrier on Casper. Not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
JRTs will mate with anything. I had an idiot neighbor whose doberman got knocked up with his jrt. he didn't neuter it because he thought there was too large a size difference. :downs:

Help me identify my friend's mutts. He lives out in the boonies and found them wandering.

Boxer/ redbone I'd guess.

Border collie/ ???

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nerdmann posted:

This is Rommel
This is a Greyhound cross if I've ever seen one. They always make for gorgeous dogs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Abby definitely isn't a bluetick mix because she's not ticked at all and ticking is a dominant trait. The German Shepherd is pretty clear but maybe a treeing walker hound? She's got hound-y markings. Does she do the "baroooo" hound bellow?

Dottie looks less hound-y to me, especially since she doesn't have any white. Maybe shepherd/beagle/something? She has sort of a beagle-y face and shepherd colors but with something else in the mix.

Even Walkers tend to have some ticking. Here's my pure bred (Adopted him from a shelter and his former owners left papers). You can see he has some ticking on his chest and legs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pianist On Strike posted:

This hilarious-looking dog was posted in the paper as a "dog with Steve Buscemi eyes." Any idea what it is?

Besides literally every dog in Korea?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zain posted:

Also every-time there's an open car door he just jumps in waiting for a ride. It's super cute, but kind of annoying when I want to get whatever I bought out of the car.

Better than my hound, who freaks out when he thinks I'm taking him for a ride... And also thinks I own every car on the planet.

"Are we going for a ride in this car? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one? Awww maaan... This one?"

Parking lots... :suicide:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 1, 2013

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can you help ID my sister's dog?

She's small, with a long body and snout like a JRT, but she's way smaller. She's a good jumper, can walk upright and stand like a prariedog for ages. She loves climbing and playfighting with larger dogs. She's a habitual spinner, always clockwise. She doesn't bark much, but does these strange, growly mumbling vocalizations. She is a fiend for attention and will always beg for pets from new people. She's the first dog I've ever seen who actually wants to wear those stupid dog sweaters and will beg and carry them to people until someone puts it on her. She has no prey drive, and she isn't praise or food motivated. She actually acts very catlike. she has a nasty habit of trying to lick the inside of your mouth. I would be shocked if she didn't have JRT in her, but I'm at a loss as to what else.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chezlen that snout is all boxer.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My coonhound would bawl in his sleep at like 5% power without opening his mouth.

"vruh... vri-vruuuuoom... -umVRIooom... rrrg. VVooooOOOOoom."

His lips all poofed out like he was blowing up a balloon. :allears:

aghastly posted:

This is a dog that's available for adoption in my city:

Her name's Candy. Looks like they pretty much just stuck a lab head on a short-legged dog breed body. I dunno. Beagle? Dachshund?

Oh my god that little beast is painfully adorable. Adopt her then overnight her to me, tia.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 3, 2013

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He looks like he's seen the elephant.

Stray?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beagle Dachshund?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Too small by a good margin but really looks like my grandad's old Irish Wolfhounds. Here's a stock photo of a young one.

Sure she's full grown? :ohdear:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mutt nothing. That's a coonhound.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

sure, but which one? she's got bits and pieces from all of them

Yeah I guess but the breeds are practically pallet swaps and coonhounds have such a distinctive personality, I wouldn't sweat it.

Enjoy your crazily food motivated, affectionate, stubborn couch potato. I've had a redbone/mutt and a treeing walker and they were two of my favorite dogs ever (as long as I hadn't just turned my back on food for literally two seconds - god drat it Polly).

(I'd guess walker/tick)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:swoon:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see Lab and hound myself.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

Alright I'm gonna drop an album link but also post some personal favs.

http://imgur.com/a/ZqDQa

And my absolute favorite:

Oh my God I need at least 6

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well whatever it is it's obviously part seal.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Greyhound.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We have a mutt at my parents house that has a very similar look to her and she's a good dog.

Super friendly and affectionate. very high energy for some reason will spend like a top but only spins clockwise and never counterclockwise as in we've had her for 10 years and I've never seen her go left.

I don't know if yours will have the same little quirk but the only problem with Suk is that when it rains outside or when there's snow she'd rather just poop in the house then get her feet wet. You have to watch her like a hawk over the winter.

Please check in on his personality in a few months once he's settled in. I'm curious.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 29, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Judging by the personality, loose skin and nose I'd say he definitely has coonhound in him. Maybe some redbone, you described our old bonehead Polly to a T. I'll say Redbone x boxer x everything else. :science:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Snaggletooth 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Turn on your monitor.

In case it wasn't clear I love the toofs out look. Our old Redbone was like that.