Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Sharpie Fix posted:

Actually, at 3 months old they had put more than $25 in food into her. Not to mention, in the wrong hands she would have been heavily at risk for becoming a fear-biter. I was doing her a favor. Her brother was not timid or fearful, so I left him to be an option for a less dog-experienced family.

Yes, if all was ideal, the $25 would have gone towards the mother getting fixed. I can't say that is what happened. I can say that Casey wound up in a good home for her temperament at the time, though.

Edit: And at least we kept her. An ad was posted at my work about 2 or 3 months later to give away two Lab/Boxer brothers. Same age, and one was the spitting image of Casey. I hope they found good homes.

I know you were trying to do the right thing, but it's best to never support people like this ever again. I can assure you they don't give a drat about their dogs if they're trying to sell them away in a parking lot. I'm glad the dog you took in now has a happy home, but you have to remember you're supporting them putting out MORE dogs that will probably end up dumped on the street.

If you want to save a life and get a dog, support and adopt from a shelter next time. :shobon:

Sorry to derail this otherwise happy doggy filled thread.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Zorak posted:

This dog has the sweetest face I've ever seen. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

poster girl posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1QO7dK_5D0

This one isn't mine but can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7LbSMA-AA

Soli's tail is hilarious. I love how curly is it.

And it's hard to tell with puppies that young, I'd guess a husky or something similar based on coloring?

e: def not a husky based on what google images shows.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Roydrowsy posted:

I have to say, I'm not sure what the point of getting purebred dogs, with the potential health problems and the insane cost when you can go to the shelter, get a mutt and get the best, most unique dog ever.
Not true about the health problems if you do your research and get your dog from a good breeder. Mutts can have all the same problems as poorly bred purebreeds. Some people love certain breeds very much and I can't fault them for that. :shobon:

I love me some weirdo shelter dogs though. Franklin has a pittie look to him, I think it's the wrinkled forehead. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Terrapinata posted:

Spike sits formally

Hahaha that is really something. The hind legs are so completely Bull Terrier too. I used a lot of references when I had to learn to draw them and those legs stand out to me more than anything else.

Also if you have access to a good breeder that breeds Bull Terriers that do some kind of work good lord please link me to these people.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Jim the Nickel posted:

This is Bruce. He's half Pekingese and half Chihuahua. My sister got him from a friend, and he's the most adorable puppy in the world. I've checked Google to see how he might turn out, but there's so many different variations on this particular mutt, who knows.

How old is that dog? I don't know if it's because of the breeds or what but he looks REALLY young, too young to be away from his mom. :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

dkhertz posted:

This is my first ever mutt, Mike Tyson. It took a week to come up with that name, we weren't really expecting to get a dog. He's a chi-mix, but he's already bigger than any chihuahua I've ever seen at only 3.5 months. We have a big rear end 9 year old chihuahua to compare to for measure and he's already her size. He also has the biggest goofy paws I've ever seen on a small dog. Can't seem to find a good pic of the paws though, they're like 3-4 times the size of the chihuahua's tiny paws, it's ridiculous.

Here's some pics from 8 weeks to about a week ago, so 3months 1week. He was the runt, and stood out because of his coat and small size, and when he hid under me to get away from his siblings stomping him I pretty much knew I was getting another dog.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

You sure he's part chi? He has kind of a pitty look to him with those ears and his muzzle thickness doesn't look chi-like at all. Either way, what a cutie. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Synnr posted:

So is it cool if I post pictures of my rescued mutt? I mean..she is sort of a mutt, but appears (to us anyway) a very obvious Greyhound/German Shepherd. She's puuurrtyy, I promise!

It's never not ok to post cute doggies pictures in PI. :colbert:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Eelface posted:

Sharky the weimaraner, she is 11 weeks old now and I can't a block in San Francisco without people stopping me. Even after I tell them what kind of dog she is they just look at me even more confused
Good god this dog looks like an alien no wonder people ask what the hell. I've only seen adult weimaraners, do all weimaraner puppies look this weird?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Transmogrifier posted:

So I may be adopting this fella from a friend of mine. I'm just a bit curious as to what he could possibly be, breed wise. He's adorable, nonetheless. Eagerly waiting for said friend to get home so we can talk.

I'd guess maybe a smooth border collie mix?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Healy posted:

Alright, I just got this 6 month old pup about a week ago, the guy I got him from said he was a Cain Corso / Bull Mastiff mix, but I don't think he was too sure. I think he has mastiff in him because of his size, but he doesn't really look like either in the face....maybe you guys have some idea?

Head is all wrong for either of those breeds, it's way too small. Looks like a mutted up pit bull mix.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Pochoclo posted:

Say hello to Priscilla, she lives with my brother. I've known her since she was a very small pup, must be 8 years old or so by now, and she's getting some gray hairs.

And I don't know what breed she is.
Well I can tell you for sure she's a terrier mix of some kind.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

RiggenBlaque posted:

I'd love to hear a few guesses about what my recent pound dog actually is:

He's got webbed paws and a mainly black (but some red) tongue. Also it's not really seen in the photos but he is really skinny and has a really long tail. I dunno if any of that is relevant though.

MickRaider posted:

She sure does like to sleep though, but what dog doesn't. Taken today.

Any thoughts on what kind of dog she is would be great. More pictures here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3171820&pagenumber=14#post377952302
You both appear to have the super ultra rare american brown dog

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

a life less posted:

There's definitely some Aussie in her. Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help placing what else there might be. She's absolutely beautiful though.

Maybe Aussie/Cattle hound?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Looks like a sweet old fatty cattledog to me. :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

snarkcookie posted:

A good side view, showing off her lack of tail.

Cuuuute. Aussie/GSD mix? Those ears. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Ceridwen posted:

Got the DNA test results back today on my mutt (a friend gave me a test kit for graduation).
As I read your post I was kind of laughing because I wonder if they are like dog versions of horoscopes and you end up subconsciously looking for the results in a way to where they fit. :v:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Gonktastic your dogs are SOOO FLUFFFYY. :3: I want to pet them.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Sweet christ that is an ADORABLE puppy. GSD/Pit is about as good as I could guess too. I'm seriously doubting he'll stay under 35, but I hope it all works out though. :ohdear: Feel free to post updates somewhere!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Pretty Cool Name posted:

Looks like some kind of shiba mix to me, but then again I'm pretty biased. :p

Edit: Also, cute dog.

I'd totally believe ChowChow/Lab, Collie or GSD. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Looks like a pit mix to me.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ahahaha look at that curly tail. :3:

I'd guess a lab/pit/spitz mix too.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
It's hard to tell with puppies, they don't really have much to offer in breed characteristics besides their tails and coat patterns. I don't think it's a purebred though. I guess I'd a lab mix of some kind.

or a browndog

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I think Super posted somewhere that she has some terrier look in her, I'd agree with ACD/Terrier.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

ExtremeODD posted:

Just got a puppy from a coworker, the mom is a "bordador" half boarder collie and half Labrador. The dad is they believe to be a neighbors pitbull, one of the friendliest dogs Ive ever met. Just a hair over 4 weeks old or so, cute little bastard.

Reiterating this dog should not be away from its mom and littermates. :smith:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

a life less posted:

An internet-friend of mine just sent me a photo of his dog, an ACD/Pit cross.

She looks like a short-haired Brisbane. Her name's Megatron.

Click here for the full 1000x800 image.

wanna pet that dawg and play with its ears :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Yeah that dog is undoubtedly mostly retriever.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
For Hank I can definitely understand the swiss mountain dog mix guess as well with the tricolor coat. Probably mixed with lab.

Gordie I'd guess some kind of hound (first photo) or terrier (second photo) mix but with what I have no idea. He somehow looks like a completely different between those two photos. :psyduck:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Puppyyy. I'd guess a pitty or lab sighthound mix maybe?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Sutureself posted:

Spud's ears make me think of a french bulldog. They're about that size too, right?

french bulldgs are toy breeds

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

omgmypony posted:

Homer says he sees another American Bulldog mix!

agreeing w/ dis

corgi/american bulldog looks about right I think?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Ginny Field posted:

Hey there, freckly blue heeler mix buddy!

Enjoy your new bundle of energy. She's adorable.

Holy crap I can't believe that's the same dog you brought home. It's amazing how much weight she lost in her chest/neck and face.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
:laffo: It's like a grandpa husky. Most likely some kind of terrier mixed with it.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Dr. Housecat MD posted:

So, meet Lucille!

Oh housecat you and your old dawgs. I'm so happy she has a good place to live out the rest of her years. You're awesome. :unsmith:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I daresay a black and tan shiba/chi mix?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

FeloniousDrunk posted:

Not mine but I just had to share this one I saw on Boing Boing.

:laffo: it inherted the derpy corgi eyes/eyebrows

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Shebrew posted:

What a cutie :3: Looks like she's got border collie in her to me

I'd guess Aussie over BC. Only because she appears to be somewhat stocky and more puffy. She's a pretty girly. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Far from a shepherd expert, but she just looks like a byb GSD to me.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Traxis posted:

This is the puppy I will be adopting (sorry for blurry camera phone pic):

The shelter says she is Australian Cattle Dog/Chinese Sharpei mix, but I don't see it. Any ideas? It is going to be excruciating waiting the few days until she comes home..

I don't really see those breeds either, but puppies don't give many hints. What a pretty deep brown she is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Rhymes With Clue posted:

So here he is:

Looks like a cattledog to me.