Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Master_Jay posted:

This thread makes me jealous. I want a small doggy so bad (Sucks when you have few friends left) but sadly, I live in an apartment.

To stop my bitching... My friend is getting one of these pups. (Jackapoo)

Which makes me want to hit him. I'm half tempted to get one but I'm zapped for cash for one more month due to saving a kitten.

Why would a "jackapoo" cost you money? Shelter dogs are cheap. Do they charge you for the dumb name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

IHatePancakes posted:

Someone selling off puppies in the lot. Sharpie Fix is my fiance, and taking Casey home that day would be the start of a very long road. We have many stories.

Awesome. Way to support lovely bybs.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
It's dangerous for mutt lovers to go into an animal shelter, even just to look. But my husband and I decided to go down to the high kill municipal shelter after lunch today. Part way through the kennels, we saw a sad red dog. An owner surrender...who is reported to be fifteen years old.

Not cool. It's sad enough that any dog is in a pound. But an old dog, deaf and arthritic, it just rips my heart out.

So, meet Lucille!

Her coat is horrible, she's got lots of growths and skin issues, but we'll see what good food and veterinary care can do. She had a dewclaw grown into the pad, which they clipped at the shelter before they let us go.

After meeting everyone and wandering the back yard, she's now crashed out on a soft pillow in front of the TV. Mutts are great...old mutts are the best.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Shebrew posted:

That makes me teary-eyed. You're amazing for taking her in :)

People keep saying stuff like this, but they just don't understand. I got a dog that has all the expensive stuff out of the way - she's fixed, vaccinated, heartworm tested, all that fun poo poo. She's housebroken, doesn't jump on furniture or people, gets along with cats and dogs, and really seems happy to see me. People who get puppies spend ten or fifteen years waiting to get a dog this good. And I got her for a song.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Leather Daddy posted:

Just got this dude from the pound, estimated 3 years old. Said Shiba Inu Mix, any ideas what you guys think? He's about 22lbs right now but came into the pound at 25.

Absolutely loving guy :3 Just comes and cuddles with me all the time, slipped out of his collar because my Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix scared him and he ran off for a sec and when I called him he came running back and sat at my feet. At first my other dog (pictured in back) didn't like him but now they are playin like the best of them. Sarge (the shiba mix) will roll on his back and let Bandit (rat terrier) jump on him and they roll around and Sarge will bat him away with his long reach, which pisses Bandit off so he charges and the cycle continues.

Looks like he could be a shiba mix, but then you say he's not an rear end in a top hat. I'm confused.