Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
I don't have a dog, but my brother has the best dog ever.

Halla is the one in the back and she's part byb husky and half something else, some kind of hound because she's so thin and she also "points" and trees things like opossums. Some idiots in SW Missouri had a husky female (she looked like a husky, but who knows) they were "breeding" and she got out, while in heat, and had a bunch of puppies. The owner's brother-in-law took them to Wal-Mart and told people they were going to be drowned if no one took them. Whether or not that's true, my 16 year old brother brought one home. She's seven years old now and is an awesome dog. When she was a puppy she was really round and much fluffier, she looked a lot more like a husky.

The dog in the front is their roommate's dog, Harper. She's about 4 months old in that picture. Here's another one of the two of them...

The humane society said Harper is a beagle mix. She's gotten bigger, though, so I think there's some larger dog in her.

Edit - was having trouble with waffleimages

Nione fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

WolfensteinBag posted:

Man, I absolutely love seeing mutts when you know what at least one of the parents is, because I would NEVER have pegged that dog for a husky mutt. :3:

Yeah, it's crazy because if I hadn't seen her when she was a puppy I wouldn't believe it either. But my brother swears up and down that the mother dog (who was with the people at Wal-Mart) looked exactly like a traditional husky. Halla does have some husky mannerisms though. She's really really great at figuring out ways to get out of the yard and then she'll just run like crazy. She used to get lost a lot, she'd be there one minute and the next she'd be gone, and my brother'd run, jump in the car, and she'd be 10 blocks away in a matter of minutes. Now she gets out but doesn't run, she just goes to the little old lady's house next door and gets hot dogs.

When she does run, though, she's super fast. She was chasing a rabbit down at the lake one day and ran past it and had to double back. All of sudden she just got this "where'd it go?" look on her face and almost did a roll when she noticed it was behind her and tried to change direction at speed. That's why I think there might be some sighthound in there as well. I don't know enough about dogs to guess, though.

She also "blows" her coat like a husky. She's got really thick fur, even if it is short. And in the springtime they find clumps of fur all over the house. My dad used to make jokes about tumbleweeds, because it's exactly what it's like. The bought a Dyson and vacuum all the time and fill the canister 3-4 times a week. I'll see if I can get David to send me some pictures of her as a puppy because she was really freakin adorable.