Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Old habits die hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
I'm not going to Sea World this weekend, I'll be on-call at home (on-call is pretty busy it's basically like working all day Sat&Sun). I'm pretty sure the wife and daughter are going. I think we finally got to a "agree to disagree" point.

skipdogg posted:

Z, I think you're doing the right thing. Forget about money and focus on your relationship and family. You're gainfully employed again, you don't have any credit card debt, the savings is going back up. I would just stop stressing out for a while.

Thank you. And note that I'm not forgetting about the money, I'm not going into full self-destruct mode, I'm just not stressing out if the wife wants to do something and we only pay $1000 towards the student loans instead of $1400 or whatever. Both wife and I are on same page as far as not using the credit cards and continuing to hammer down the loans while adding a little bit to the savings every month. And for now I'm done with entering poo poo into Excel for no real purpose other than to make graphs, show BFC what I'm spending, and piss off my wife, all of which I want to be done with. I take that back we're still updating the student loan spreadsheet because it's fun to see that astronomical crippling death debt go down.

artard
Sep 11, 2001
moral of thread: just do whatever you want and everything will be fine

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
All women are golddigging whores.

Don't be zaurg, and practice a healthy and respectful relationship with your spouse.

EDIT: Your child will end up in therapy if their first birthday doesn't cost over $500.

clockworx fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 3, 2010

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Honda products are the one true cure for back pain.

artard
Sep 11, 2001
Also whenever someone posts "your wife is going to leave you once her student loan is paid off" do you just glaze over it or go "nah" or what exactly is going through your mind

Because she is totally going to do exactly that

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Anyone have a good coupon code for a site that'll deliver a bouquet of sunflowers?

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

zaurg posted:

Anyone have a good coupon code for a site that'll deliver a bouquet of sunflowers?
Thank you, zaurg: you've finally made it possible for me to fully enjoy the thought of you five years from now, alone and super bitter about your divorce and subsequent poverty, telling anyone who will listen about how that bitch screwed you over and there was nothing you could do about it.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

artard posted:

Also whenever someone posts "your wife is going to leave you once her student loan is paid off" do you just glaze over it or go "nah"

Yes, exactly.
I don't think that's her plan. I don't think she's that cunning.
And it's "her" student loan but it's "our" debt so I don't even care anymore. It's debt we need to get rid of. The majority of it was obtained after we got married and after I failed convincing her it was a bad idea at first, I supported her.

Nether Postlude
Aug 17, 2009

His mind will keep
reverting to the last
biscuit on the plate.

zaurg posted:

http://www.couponcraze.com/categories/Flowers/

http://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/1-800-flowers/

"Debt, grinding debt, whose iron face the widow, the orphan, and the sons of genius fear and hate; debt, which consumes so much time, which so cripples and disheartens a great spirit with cares that seem so base, is a preceptor whose lessons cannot be foregone, and is needed most by those who suffer from it most."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

zaurg posted:

Yes, exactly.
I don't think that's her plan. I don't think she's that cunning.
And it's "her" student loan but it's "our" debt so I don't even care anymore. It's debt we need to get rid of. The majority of it was obtained after we got married and after I failed convincing her it was a bad idea at first, I supported her.

and you are totally fine with her having looked up divorce lawyers when she was mad about budgets?

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

zaurg posted:

:smug: My crippling debt and wife that doesn't love me. :smug:

It's your life, live it however you want to.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Man, this is depressing.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
It's taken a year for me to decide, but I finally did it...

You rated this thread '5'! Great job, go hog wild!

Endless entertainment.

Edit: I think he's on to us.

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 3, 2010

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

80k posted:

and you are totally fine with her having looked up divorce lawyers when she was mad about budgets?

Yes of course. I mean I did the same thing. We're in goddamn couples counseling of course we've both pondered separating and divorce.

ufsteph
Jul 3, 2007

zaurg posted:

Normally I would discourage someone from sending flowers to their wife every time they got laid...but it looks like you'll only have to do this a few times a year!

Baddog
May 12, 2001

moana posted:

Well, this looks like it's going to get sent to the goldmine as a cautionary tale for the ages. Hopefully zaurg's next BFC thread will end more happily.

Before we go, what exactly was the moral of the story?

booooooo

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Jealous Cow posted:

Honda products are the one true cure for back pain.

This made me burst into uncontrolled laughter!

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
I'm gonna miss you guys, but at least we still have his failure of a toxx thread for a little bit longer :3:

Nether Postlude
Aug 17, 2009

His mind will keep
reverting to the last
biscuit on the plate.

moana posted:

Well, this looks like it's going to get sent to the goldmine as a cautionary tale for the ages. Hopefully zaurg's next BFC thread will end more happily.

Before we go, what exactly was the moral of the story?

Please please please leave this thread open. The tale is unfinished!

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Do not take apart gun by yourself, it will cause the trouble and dangerous.
Moral of the story: Ignorance is bliss. Bliss and poverty and working harder than you have to.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
One thing I just remembered, I'm curious as to what the overall opinion is of this. While discussing the Sea World trip my wife used Dave Ramsey against me, saying he would approve, because Ramsey said in one of his lessons that he's not saying to live like a hermit and not do *anything* while trying to get out of debt, however if you are going to do something like vacation get off your rear end to work extra to pay for it, or something to that effect. And she's working a lot more hours than normal at her 2nd job to pay for the Sea World trip so her mind that's acceptable. If she wasn't going to Sea World she wouldn't be working those extra hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Sorry no more advice for you you do everything wrong.