Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl
So many of these financial threads make me scared to ever get married. At least my impulse buys are totally awesome, some of the wives in these threads sound like total loving retards. Multivitamins, beauticontrol? Victoria Secret? These purchases do not sound like a couple who is serious about adding a child to their family.

And for gods sake, pay off your loving credit cards!

Are you and your wife both extremely overweight?

Im 250 pounds and even I only spend 250 a month on food and that includes eating out lunch every single day.

murderknobs fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl
drat at least I was honest to myself and this forum about the things I was unwilling to give up, this guy just keeps saying the same thing over and over again and not changing a drat thing. I don't know why he even continues to come back to this thread.

Now for the OP.

Zaurg, I honestly recommend you close this thread. All you are doing is allowing SA to constantly remind you of how retarded you are. Have some pride and move on. Since my thread I have made plenty of changes, but I didn't feel like I needed SA to pass judgment on every single dollar I spend.

The formula is simple, make more or spend less, preferably both. You don't need a bunch of people on the internet to tell you how to live your life. Especially when its just 30 pages of people making GBS threads on you.

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Fraternite posted:

y helo thar mk

You should really give us an update, you know. If you've actually internalised the make more and/or spend less dynamic, you probably won't even get dumped on!

I don't think I owe anything to a group of people who follow my posts through many different subforums just to remind me that they are better than me. All any of you need to know is that I'm making progress and *gasp* still partying as hard as ever. I do continue to read my thread because my friends love to hear updates about my e-stalkers.

I do not wish this thread to de-rail though and I will be keeping my promise not to post in the other thread anymore, so lets keep this discussion focused on Zaurg.

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I would like to point out that I don't think its fair to consider me a racist for using a colloquialism. I have nothing against Jewish people and I will agree it was a mistake to use the word to signify being cheap

edit: to be fair to Zaurgs wife, isn't he depending on her at this point?

murderknobs fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 27, 2009

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

b c n u posted:

Oh murderknobs. Such endless entertainment. Not only is it "ridiculously immature to equate my consideration of bankruptcy with my unwillingness to give up drinking", you don't think it's "fair to consider me a racist for using a colloquialism". You say you're not a racist, but that's kind of hard to believe when you, uh, you know, spout off racial epithets.

Zaurg, brah, how was that bitchin' catered thanksgiving dinner? Did you get the custom Hershey's bars for that one too?

I said "jewed" once when referring to telling my friends they cannot have a beer. I have absolutely nothing against Jewish people, have Jewish friends, hell sometimes I wish I was Jewish! I'm also obsessed with Israel. If somebody on this forum called me a cracker or a honkey I would not permanently label them a racist. This is Something Awful.. I understand the need for decorum in sub-forums and obviously I paid the price for that by being probated. Sometimes the uptight attitude of this forum really makes me wonder.

Eris posted:

Maybe his wife can use her fancy book-learnin' and get herself an even better job? Maybe they can do all three? She can get a better job (and maybe a second job) and he can get his first real big-boy job AND they can cut spending to the bone.

But, since we know spending isn't going to be cut to the bone, it really doesn't matter what kind of job zarug gets.

How much is his wife making now? I don't wanna search through 30 pages but in the first post he said something about 15-20 an hour? What is also crazy is that his wife does something in accounting right? Why does it seem to be so hard for her to realize how screwed they are.

Zaurg, you should try to teach your wife about this forum and get her an account for this thread. Though it may be pandoras box because of all the negative things said about her here. It may cause some trouble in your relationship but it may be worth it in the long term. If she doesn't think you guys have a problem then there is no way you can start to fix it. It is going to take more than just you, especially since theoretically your wife is the breadwinner.

murderknobs fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 27, 2009

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Eris posted:

Dude - if you don't care what the internet thinks of you, get out of the thread. Or break your promise to post in your own drat thread. Do you have any idea how lame you sound? "I have Jewish friends." You tool.

I'm here for the same reason anyone else is to try and help Zaurg. It's not my fault that this forum is obsessed with me and won't shut the gently caress up any time I post ANYWHERE. Obviously I am going to address the issue that 3 different people seem to think I am a racist because I am not. There is a difference between not caring about your opinions and not wanting to be slandered.

edit: Labelling me as racist is as irresponsible as me using the term "jewed", Hitler was racist, KKK members are racist, and as such would not keep any friends of the race they wish to oppress. I do not see how the things I mention make me sound like a tool when I am just trying to clarify that I am in not a racist.

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

b c n u posted:

MK, the last person zaurg needs help from is you.

That's funny, I think I made a productive addition to the thread until the "racist alcoholic" personal attacks started. Somehow this forum finds a way to poo poo on me even when the only 2 pieces of advice I have given Zaurg are to "make more, spend less" and to get his wife into this thread so that she can hear some of this, and also so that we can get both perspectives.

You are all being ridiculously petty and making GBS threads up Zaurgs thread because you just cannot keep your loving mouths closed when I show up. How is that my fault?

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl
You are on your own Zaurg, some of these people are so elitist its pathetic. Here's hoping you get your life on track though. Have fun at the game tomorrow.

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

camuk19 posted:

yea brah lets sink some beers and go bankrupt together

I totally forgot I was a raging alcoholic. Jeez, I wish this alcoholism would settle down, I don't know how many more of these crazy friday nights I can handle of drinking. Oh wait, I'm visiting family this weekend and not drinking, hell even my family is drinking for the holidays. Its a drat shame I can watch family members get drunk and not take a sip of alcohol. drat it sure does suck being an out of control alcoholic. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

guaranteed posted:

1. It's entirely possible to be an alcoholic with some measure of control.
2. If you're trying to keep your family from realizing how much you drink, that's another warning sign.
3. From here on out, I'm not going to reply to you in zaurg's thread, and I hope no one else will either. We can answer you in your thread; you're too much of a dramawhore not to read it. If you're too big a baby to respond there, that's your problem. Quit derailing other people's threads.

Only in this forum could somebody turn me staying in and choosing not to drink even with my family encouraging me into a sign of alcoholism. This is loving priceless. I can't leave this forum because it literally makes me smile that you all spend so much of your time and energy beating a dead horse.

edit: besides, Zaurgs out of town, mid as well give you guys something to do tonight because if hes not here, how ever will you feel better about yourselves by pointing out how inferior everyone else is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

murderknobs
Oct 12, 2007

by Fistgrrl

three posted:

I don't think his wife would stay married to a military grunt.

Based on the way shes painted in this thread, she may love it. She would just get to spend all of Zaurgs money. How can we believe they would be better off financially given that she seems to be just as bad at impulse control as Zaurg. I'd hate to see Zaurg post an update while during deployment, the gifts column would skyrocket.

murderknobs fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 29, 2009