Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

It's a vitamin. 1 month supply for an adult is $46. Crazy MLM vitamin company stuff, I haven't won that argument with her.

You're spending over $1000 per year on a gimmick. How much would it be worth to you if I could lower that to under $15? http://www.amazon.com/Centrum-423926-250-Count-Bottle/dp/B0000VLXQO

This thread is going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

SecretFire posted:

Maybe create a specific "stupid MLM crap" line of the budget, and so limit the amount of magic kool-aid to something like $50-100/month.

Or $0. Spending anything on that crap is simply retarded.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

KarmaCandy posted:

Also, I didn't see this but No. This should not be a monthly category. It's okay to add in a column in December for it and take it into consideration but you should not be spending $50/month on presents for other people. You need to focus on your own family now and that's $600 per year that could be better spent.

One of two things is going on here:

1) The OP is a troll.
2) The OP (and his wife) really is retarded. :downs:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Arzakon posted:

if you aren't a yammering retard

I guess you haven't been reading this thread much...

Your advice is good.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

ObsidianBeast posted:

Your attitude of "Following a budget is too hard, might as well give up" needs to stop for the sake of your wife and child.

This thread is 8 pages long because zaurg is a moron living in some alternative reality.

Why bother updating if you're just going to continue being an idiot? It's okay zaurg, keep spending money on dumb poo poo. You deserve it!

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Nah man, he needs his fantasy football. Don't you get it? A man has needs.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

traveling midget posted:

You are all retards for not seeing how his wife is a horrible princess obsessed with material things and keeping up with the joneses, and I am sure that zaurg's in-laws and in-law family are expecting things like a catered baptism party from them. It's not him, it's her and the need to keep up appearances. He's just spineless, that's all.

I take it you haven't read the thread? Thanks for the summary!

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I'm setting up a save zaurg charity. Please PayPal me whatever you can afford. 20% of the proceeds will go towards formula for zaurg's baby, because I'll be damned if that little bastard ruins my tits.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

Lot of great questions and advice, thank you.

I don't have much to add today. I did sell my ticket to today's game instead of going, so I got back $29 there and saved the money I would have spent on beer and ice. Need to make more of these sacrifices, revise budget, get a job, and get my wife on the same page as me regarding that budget. I think we were on the same page for about a week in August, then it all went to hell.

This sounds like an excellent step forward. I think it's safe to say we all wish you the best of luck and we're rooting for you.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Kobayashi posted:

How is this "an excellent step forward?" So what, he sold a loving ticket and didn't gorge himself on cheap stadium beer. FATHER OF THE loving CENTURY.

Otherwise it's just zaurg jerking himself off again, "Woe is me, I need to change, I suck, poo poo's hitting the fan [but I refuse to take anything but token actions to effect change]."

If it's bullshit, then yes, he deserves the entire wrath of the Internet. Don't jump down his throat when he's making positive change. Yet.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Nam Taf posted:

How about after 2.5 months of not making any changes? Can we jump down his throat then? What if he actually makes his situation worse over that time?

Eh, it's been a crazy couple months for him I'm sure. All the more reason to fix things, I know. Let's see where he takes this.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

Was this meant for another thread? :confused:

Read your post above and then read the one below.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

guaranteed posted:

The wife's spending is laughable, but this mess is more than 50% zaurg's fault for lazing around wasting his life as a pizza boy.

Yeah, the issue isn't so much that they have insane spending habits (they do) so much as zaurg makes less money than many high school students. We're not talking about someone making $50K and living like they make 150K... Get a halfway decent job and a lot of these problems cease to be problems and go back to being stupid, but sustainable spending.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

KarmaCandy posted:

Except now they have a kid so his job would have to offset childcare as well since currently he's the stay at home dad.

Ah ha, poo poo, how did I forget about that?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I think the best thing for this thread is just to fade off and die. zaurg is either an attention whore, amazing troll, or both. The combined wasted effort by BFC in this thread and complete lack of effort by zaurg is mind boggling.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

Of course. Tuesday. I wish I knew cars as well as I know computers, I'd fix the thing myself.

I wish you knew finances common sense as good as you know computers.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Stop posting and find a job.

zaurg posted:

Not thinking too clearly today, mind is on my fussy daughter right now. And tomorrow's big game.

kimbo305 posted:

If you don't want people to think you're a troll, just edit this poo poo out.

Just in case...

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

I took my coin bucket to the bank today and cashed it in, 78 bucks. Using that for the football game. This doesn't excuse the over the budget spending but it is 78 bucks that I hadn't accounted for earlier.

Alright, enough is enough. Can we stop this trolling please?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I can't look away.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
This thread :toot:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Cuddlebottom posted:

I like YNAB - you could set a recurring biweekly paycheck I think.

Hell yeah, fifty bucks.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Who's ordering pizza if everyone is at college footballs games? Look, if you're not at a college football game, you're a nobody and nobodys don't even eat pizza. It's pretty clear in his neck of the woods not a single pie is ordered on Saturdays.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
The wife needs an account so she can be subjected to 20 pages of an InternetBeatDown(TM).

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Mining MySpace for data is pretty useless because... Children: Undecided :lol:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Blah blah, same poo poo every day. Can't we have another thread where someone turns things around because this is depressing and getting boring.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
gently caress. This thread makes my head explode every time I open it.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Kobayashi posted:

Couldn't happen to a better person either. Sorry you lost at life, zaurg.
You could argue that a divorce would be a get out of jail free card.

zaurg posted:

She said she wasn't going to "downgrade" by switching to my car. Damnit. I'm going to keep working on this one.

Ah ha ha, what a loving bitch. Was she always like this or did she sucker you in? I know we only get one side of the story, but she really sounds like a terrible human being, mother and wife.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

Correct. They also include $0 going towards savings.

I'm imagining what life would be like right now if I talked her out of going to DeVry.

Here's a comparison. 1 year of going to football games cost less than 1 credit hour at DeVry. And she took 102 credit hours worth of courses.

You have to stop imagining how life would be, because it's just an escape from reality, and reality you need to face.

Also, I really hope that you're not trying to convince yourself that you're deserving of 102 seasons of football tickets. Stop approaching this as zaurg vs wife because you're married and should be a team.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
This poo poo is so old already. I wish I could refrain from looking.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Julio Lopez posted:

I've just read through each and every painful post of this thread. I won't ever get this Saturday back.

I feel terrible every time a new person jumps into this thread. They've read 65 and counting pages when all they needed to read was maybe four or five. We could re-post replies for the next 100 pages and it would be indiscernible from the rest of the thread.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

Congrats. I'll get there eventually but will probably have to do it without the wife and she can take her loans with her.

Ha ha, tell us more. :allears: :munch:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

That is a fantastic idea! Just suggested it to the wife and she loves it. Using that plan, when she buys gifts I won't even care about complaining as it doesn't hurt the budget. I think this is definitely allows for a good compromise and will avoid a lot of fights. Now when the gift cards run out that is a different story. But the deal is whatever we get has to last all of 2010.

This is retarded. That was $300 you could have put towards things like gas and groceries. I know this might blow your mind, but stick with me. The $300 in cash which you'll have, because you used points in the place of cash, could be put towards repaying your debt.

Broken record, yada, yada. Just another motion to placate your wife because you're too much of a wuss to tell her no. See? I made this about you, not your wife.

To recap: No more gifts at all! Okay, just one more. Hey you can use this card for gifts, but that's it for 2010!
The future: Okay, hit the limit, no more. Oh I really need to get my nephew's dog's brother's son's cat a sweater for his sweet sixteen. asdfds;fjksdg

geetee fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 17, 2010

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

KarmaCandy posted:

You can sell the gift cards, but I'd say it's only worth it if you get face value for the card. If you're selling $50 gift cards for $40, you're walking away with $240 but still budgeting to spend $300 in gifts this year.

This is all band-aid bullshit. It's sweeping dirt under the rug. Stop buying gifts. Period. End of story.

Regardless, it will be funny when February's numbers show $600 in gift spending. $300 normal money and $300 YAY FREE MONEY!!!

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Once all the CC bills are paid off, you get to repeat 10x times to finish off Devry. :smith:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

it requires linking to bank information
That's exactly the point. :psyduck:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Never change, zaurg. Never change. You beautiful person. :hfive:

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Must have never heard of a taxi.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
What? That free money can go towards your gift budget. Got an Xbox yet?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Weatherman posted:

Read the previous seven hundred pages and see how many times he's started to pick himself up off his butt and then sat right back down again. People are tired and bored of it, that's all.

Ding ding ding. I eagerly look forward to CelestialScribe and waffle feeling the same in a few more months. I hope he can turn it around, but until then, I won't let zaurg be the only troll in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

zaurg posted:

She wants to go, trust me on this one. It's a scheduling issue, hopefully it'll get worked out.

Wasn't this date set weeks ago?