Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warpigeon
Aug 8, 2002
Daddy
I hate Chicago's traffic and traffic engineering, it's destroying the city's GDP. The public transportation system is amazing, but the traffic lights and flow of traffic is schizophrenic.

I really wish fluid dynamics, energy transfer, neurology, computational biology, and blood circulatory systems were the cornerstones of traffic engineering in this city.

Chicago's traffic would be lowered by magnitudes if traffic lights allowed cars to move fluidly as groups through areas, rather than fixed 24/7 timers that raise the frequency of heart disease in the city while increasing fuel consumption. Left turn lights are often non-existent, and one or two cars run the red light to make left turns causing the intersection to lock up after any light cycle.

Seriously gently caress this city when driving in a car. The roads and lights are like a vascular system full of plaque, riddled with thrombosis, while suffering ventricular fibrillation during morning and evening work commutes.

The public transportation system is already at capacity during rush hours, and the biggest way I see to lower commute times involves flushing the current rule-set on the grid and implementing traffic signals that take advantage of all the Orwellian city security cameras to dynamically plan the flow of traffic with adaptive light timing and harsh enforcement of not using your phone for anything if you are driving. It drives me nuts seeing a row of cars flow like dominoes rather than a water value.

I loathe Chicago drivers, they don't give a crap except for when they want something.

Warpigeon fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU