Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2264 »
exploded mummy
Sep 10, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Doctor Rope

Randaconda posted:

Until he got hurt,Martel was a good midcarder for WCW.

"Aside from all of the career ending injuries, it was a good 2 month run"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

With World of Sport starting next week on ITV with a pretty sweet TV deal we might need a thread for discussion. Do you think we'd be better served by a dedicated thread or a general British/European wrestling thread?

That's cool, when is it airing?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

That's cool, when is it airing?

July 28th at 5pm.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've started watching OSW Reviews; has anyone ever revealed who the original opening singer was supposed to be, that no showed and got replaced by Okerlund?

I gave a quick look around the internet and didn't see anything. AFAIK it's never been said

Jack Anderson
Jan 8, 2008

GOLDEN END

NikkolasKing posted:

Who was the first heel you cheered for and do you remember why?

All I knew as a kid is that The Dungeon of Doom were like real life super villians and honest to god I thought they had real life magic powers.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Hello chiicagooo!

Oh, wait, is that a GameStop employee in the back? Hey, you, give me a refund. No, I don't care if it was my fault, just - look, am I the one with the microphone or not? REFUND, biyotch!

Were the Headshrinkers or the Orient Express presented as full 3-man units at any point? Or did Seone/Kato just replace Samu/Sato outright?

I’m assuming it’s the latter because I recall the whole Ax/Smash/Crush thing feeling very different and novel to me when it happened.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Make the brit wres thread

Euro Wres makes more sense imo. You've got WXW and OTT as well, they both have things happening, imo.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Minidust posted:

Were the Headshrinkers or the Orient Express presented as full 3-man units at any point? Or did Seone/Kato just replace Samu/Sato outright?

I’m assuming it’s the latter because I recall the whole Ax/Smash/Crush thing feeling very different and novel to me when it happened.

You are correct, Seone and Sato were replacements.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Stealth Tiger posted:

I have been a fan of Ric Flair and Arn Anderson since pretty much day 1. And I totally understand all the Razor Ramon mentions. All those awful goofy gimmicks from the early 90s, and Scott just strutted out there bigger than everybody else wearing all this jewelry and talking slower, because he didn't need to say very much. It really made him stand out. Everyone else just came across like desperate try-hards.

Honestly, I see a bit of him in Naito

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kato replaced Sato, but Sato came back a while later for a handful of 6 man matches before leaving again.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

I'm reading Chris Charlton's new book and decided I need to look into some UWF as they're about the only Japanese company I never bothered to at least check out. What are some matches or shows I should check out?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

July 28th at 5pm.

Brilliant, thanks.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

On the 'first heel you cheered for' bit, I think it was Demolition. Maybe the Mountie because

But the real thing I wanted to say was I went to an ROH show a few months ago and there was a kid there, maybe 5 years old, who was SUPER into Rhett Titus of all people. He kept screaming SQUISH HIM RHETT CRUSH HIM. So for that kid his answer might be Rhett Titus which is hilarious to me

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I honestly got into wrestling a little late for my age group in school so around sometime in the 2000s and I loved HHH. I still remember the first time I showed my cousin wrestling and he got really really heated when he beat the poo poo out of Earl Hebner on a RAW or something

Also makes me think of how my grandpa would always get really angry when I watched wrestling because it was “fake bullshit” and then Kane chokeslammed a ref and he got mad and was like “and now this guy is beating up a harmless ref! He should be in jail!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

austin 3:16 says shut up. shut hte fuck up. where is my beer. i need hel

The Berzerker posted:

On the 'first heel you cheered for' bit, I think it was Demolition. Maybe the Mountie because

But the real thing I wanted to say was I went to an ROH show a few months ago and there was a kid there, maybe 5 years old, who was SUPER into Rhett Titus of all people. He kept screaming SQUISH HIM RHETT CRUSH HIM. So for that kid his answer might be Rhett Titus which is hilarious to me

thats probably his kid lol

«2264 »