Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

During the height of the Monday Night Wars, who had the drunker fans?

Ecw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I think over the course of several years, and numerous video games, several moves done by the Brood would end up being called the Impaler.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 18, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ECW > WCW > WWE/F

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Though ironically, Gangrel's lifting DDT was the best move ever done by anyone in The Brood.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

Though ironically, Gangrel's lifting DDT was the best move ever done by anyone in The Brood.

I liked Edge, but gently caress, his spear was terrible.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Randaconda posted:

I really like the animation for the flatliner he had in the AKI games, which I think came from Revenge and specifically from Kanyon, but Edge's version never looked good in real life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Cut his career short, too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

:wrong:
It was gangrel’s tiger suplex that he almost killed peopl with every time

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

remusclaw posted:

I really like the animation for the flatliner he had in the AKI games, which I think came from Revenge and specifically from Kanyon, but Edge's version never looked good in real life.

Early in Edge's WWF career, half his move set was ripped off from Kanyon. He used the Flatliner, used the Electric Chair Drop, and a few others.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Well, if you’re gonna rip someone off,

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

jesus WEP posted:

tiger suplex that he almost killed peopl with every time
Well, he learned to wrestle in Japan.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

jesus WEP posted:

Well, if you’re gonna rip someone off,
:hmmyes:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Randaconda posted:

god

i forgot that terrible name
Easily the cringiest bumper from The LAW.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Did the WWF use piped in crowd noise for taped shows during the Attitude Era? I was watching the May 25 2000 Smackdown, and there seemed to be an awful lot of noise during an Al Snow vs Bull Buchanan match that I couldn't imagine anyone giving a gently caress about. I mostly focused on the crowd during the match, and even though there were audible pops for a lot of spots, I couldn't see a single fan reacting in the background. People usually claim that there wasn't any crowd sweetening during the Attitude Era, but that wasn't my impression here.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Without knowing the dates, smackdown was always most notorious for having the "Smackdown Pop" which was basically a vacuum noise because it was on a tape delay and Vince & Production could edit things to make it look and sound exactly how they wanted it to.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
oooOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkhL1JuUaDE

I don't know how old the sound byte is.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ThePariah posted:

Did the WWF use piped in crowd noise for taped shows during the Attitude Era? I was watching the May 25 2000 Smackdown, and there seemed to be an awful lot of noise during an Al Snow vs Bull Buchanan match that I couldn't imagine anyone giving a gently caress about. I mostly focused on the crowd during the match, and even though there were audible pops for a lot of spots, I couldn't see a single fan reacting in the background. People usually claim that there wasn't any crowd sweetening during the Attitude Era, but that wasn't my impression here.

during the 2000s everyone was just that stupidly over. they most likely did doctor in more cheering though.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It always throws me off when I watch that era because the crowd is so crazy into it. I just forget what that's like.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 21, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FDl7sOI2BDRkNG%2Fgiphy.gif&v=fkhL1JuUaDE

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Around what time did TV broadcast/PPV overtake gate as the WWF and WCW's primary source of revenue? The earliest 10-K available on WWE's website says that TV/PPV had already overtaken live revenues by 2000, so it must have happened sometimes in the 80s or 90s but I can't track the answer down.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Do you think that the type of multiweek "deep" character study interviews like they did back in the day with Foley and Dustin would work today? Would todays crowd have the patience for it? Would it help a character get over?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

TheCool69 posted:

Do you think that the type of multiweek "deep" character study interviews like they did back in the day with Foley and Dustin would work today? Would todays crowd have the patience for it? Would it help a character get over?

Anger Management therapy?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TheCool69 posted:

they work in every other promotion but it may be true that years of stupid and lazy wwe booking has trained their audience to be stupid and lazy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

literally any kind of character work would help the WWE but since they don't want characters to get over, they want The Brand to get over, they don't bother

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

TheCool69 posted:

I don't think the writing is good enough to not have it come off super hokey if they tried

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I really wanted them to do that with Woken Matt Hardy. Hardy was once on Jericho's podcast and spent an hour completely in character and it was amazing. I thought him having a multi episode interview with Cole would have done wonders for the character.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Alaois posted:

literally any kind of character work would help the WWE but since they don't want characters to get over, they want The Brand to get over, they don't bother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbuKWyOKpJM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

man that was a really weird stretch of raw. between lashleys awful, awful interview segments and Sami challenging him to obstacle courses and saying he wasn't really in the army at all or whatever, then he got squashed by the vertical suplex.

and now they just did what tna did with lashley and it... kinda works? I dunno maybe, lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

alright changed my mind

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TheCool69 posted:

In NXT they did it for Roddy Strong in the lead up to his title challenge against Bobby Roode, years back. iirc it really did help him get face heat for what would otherwise have been a fairly rote TV feud between Takeovers.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

I have literally no idea why anyone would watch WWE at this point. People get super stoked when they start to push someone but it's been like 10 years of people getting pushed to the moon for like 3 months and then nothing because of exactly what you said. They realize people have to be stoked about something but they think it's brilliant to not let any talent get leverage

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Dont know where else to put this but goddamnit we dont deserve braun strowman I really hope we never find out anything bad about him.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Was there ever any storyline payoff for Cena calling out Undertaker and getting squashed at Wrestlemania?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Was there ever any storyline payoff for Cena calling out Undertaker and getting squashed at Wrestlemania?

No. Cena's next match was with Trips at the Oil Rumble, which he won. They've kinda done this undercurrent of "I'm Cena and I'm just happy to be here even though I might not have It anymore," but they've never strictly tied the Taker rear end-kicking into all that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It was a really weird match considering they decided to put so much focus on it and dedicate the end of Charlotte-Asuka to it. JOHN CENA IS SUPER FOCUSED ON BEATING THE UNDERTAKER nope taker beats him in 3 minutes and no one cares or remembers it

WWE is awful

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when have they ever had a payoff

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

Charlotte vs Asuka was pretty good until they did the Cena thing and Asuka was suddenly happy with Charlotte beating her and lost her rear end kicking character for good

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

Wrestlemania 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mania 30 should have been the series finale of WWE