Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I was watching ROH and some guy had a pretty cool finisher on paper but in execution it looked terrible. It was a torture rack into a GTS but I can't remember the guys name, Damon Jindrak or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I was watching ROH and some guy had a pretty cool finisher on paper but in execution it looked terrible. It was a torture rack into a GTS but I can't remember the guys name, Damon Jindrak or something similar.

Donovan Dijak

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Donovan Dijak, started in the New England indy scene

He left ROH to join NXT

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why is it called "Feast Your Eyes" and why does every finisher have to be a stupid pun or a geeky reference now. Whose fault is this.

Is it Kenny Omega or WWE?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bruh there was a dude named Rick Rude with the finisher Rude Awakening like 30 years ago.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

Why is it called "Feast Your Eyes" and why does every finisher have to be a stupid pun or a geeky reference now. Whose fault is this.

Because like the torture rack, it's a good looking feat of strength and plays well into his look and gimmick.

It's no Saxtonation.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Feast your eyes is his catchphrase and pun/ character associated finishers have been around forever, I'd say if there's fault to be had its on you for being unobservant

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"feast your eyes" is a reference to one of the climactic moments in the novel 'Armada'

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Beast your thighs

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Crease your pies

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lease your sais

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Feast your eyes is his catchphrase and pun/ character associated finishers have been around forever, I'd say if there's fault to be had its on you for being unobservant
I admit it's totally subjective. I think what annoys me is when they sound too punny or not even violent. Rude Awakening is a phrase people actually use. Ram-Paige and Paige Turner are lousy ones that immediately come to mind.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ram-Paige is v good. Paige Turner not so much.

The PTO The Paige Tap Out is really bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Ram-Paige is v good. Paige Turner not so much.

The PTO The Paige Tap Out is really bad.

If she'd done an STO and called it the PTO, that could've been kind of cute. But the WWE production didn't help with the insistence on giving the acronym AND the meaning every drat time. WHY EVEN HAVE AN ACRONYM THEN?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Paige Tornado Ogawa would be kind of confusing

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s also slang for paid time off?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Perhaps they could go with the Paigemission, or PMS (Paige Missionary Style).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The PTO (the The Paige Tap Out) is only good because it evolved into to the best move, the PTO On The Announce Table, the most damaging submission.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The air is thinner up there, makes it harder to breathe.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

projecthalaxy posted:

The PTO (the The Paige Tap Out) is only good because it evolved into to the best move, the PTO On The Announce Table, the most damaging submission.

That’s not how you spell “potato”

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The air is thinner up there, makes it harder to breathe.

This checks out, even though the announce table is a good 2 feet lower than the ring.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Paige definitely looks like a big Cocteau Twins fan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here's a random question that I've been wondering for awhile. How come all the women wrestlers in WWE seem to be wearing nylons? I can imagine that there's some sort of "cover up bruises/protect against wardrobe malfunction" explanation that could make sense but its not like Randy Orton and Finn Balor are wearing panty hose. So is it just some backwards puritanical thing I never noticed before HD?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Naomi doesn't, so maybe it's a "fake tan that won't come out on your opponent" thing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finn Balor’s balls popped out once so maybe he should.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think it might be so cellulite isn't visible in HD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s like all of those reasons.

D.N. Nation posted:

Naomi doesn't, so maybe it's a "fake tan that won't come out on your opponent" thing?

Naomi usually wears them too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Covers up bruises, keeps your legs looking really consistent, less friction on the mat, no reason not to. Orton should too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I guess the other part of the question is have they always been wearing pantyhose and i just didn't notice until I started regularly watching on a big rear end tv in HD?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Almost everyone wearing them is pretty recent. Probably with the current group of women going back to Paige or so.

But like Wendi Richter wore tights sometimes too, it goes back.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I just watched Inoki vs Flair on NJPW and enjoyed it a lot, but I'm disappointed that the entrances are missing. Does anyone know where to find footage of their entrances?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

Finn Balor’s balls popped out once so maybe he should.

1. Just because Shinsuke Nakamura might get ideas doesn't mean Finn should have to cover himself up if he doesn't want to.
2. Balor's club is for everyone

:colbert:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TTBF posted:

I just watched Inoki vs Flair on NJPW and enjoyed it a lot, but I'm disappointed that the entrances are missing. Does anyone know where to find footage of their entrances?

If it is the match from the WCW North Korea show it should be on either youtube or dailymotion, if you can't find it let me know and I should be able to pull it out of my archives and put it up on dailymotion.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

STAC Goat posted:

So I guess the other part of the question is have they always been wearing pantyhose and i just didn't notice until I started regularly watching on a big rear end tv in HD?

With a few exceptions the vast majority of female WWE gear is a sports bra variant and very high cut shorts, whoever started the trend probably went with nylons for all the reasons listed above and I'd imagine they cover gear stuff in some Performance Center class

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was re-watching Shibata vs Ishii from the G1 Climax a while back and now I'm interested in some of the best wrestling "Sprints" of all time? I'm talking about the best say, 5-10 minutes where everyone gives everything they've got to someone and they just keep getting back up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Shibata/Okada from Sakura Genesis 2017.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

Shibata/Okada from Sakura Genesis 2017.

God drat I love that match and I dunno if I can watch it ever again

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I was re-watching Shibata vs Ishii from the G1 Climax a while back and now I'm interested in some of the best wrestling "Sprints" of all time? I'm talking about the best say, 5-10 minutes where everyone gives everything they've got to someone and they just keep getting back up.

Rey vs Psychosis, Bash at the Beach '96

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
By the way, I'm also interested in finishing stretches of matches, not just 5-15 minute matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The first Joe vs Angle match is basically them throwing bombs at each other for 12 minutes. Joe vs Kobashi is the same way but Kobashi doesn't have to use everything in his book to put Joe away.

The Nigel vs Claudio and Albright defenses were very much like this too.