Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Saucer Crab posted:

Hacksaw is a great person and a very intelligent man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNOqwJrT8s

One of my favorite moments from 'Legends House' is when Piper and Duggan are teammates trying to cheat at a Newlywed Game type of competition. Piper purposely lets him see the answer he wrote down to the question "What is something ____ cannot live without?" Piper wrote down "WIFE" but didn't know that Duggan is basically blind without his glasses, so Hacksaw just throws up his hands and says "LIFE!" and Roddy loses his poo poo laughing.

That and when the Hot Rod challenged the blender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE has the Rumble, NJPW has the G1, what other promotions have "Win X Thing to Get Main Event Title Shot at Biggest Show of the Year"?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

VJeff posted:

WWE has the Rumble, NJPW has the G1, what other promotions have "Win X Thing to Get Main Event Title Shot at Biggest Show of the Year"?

Stardom has the 5 Star Grand Prix

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
lol Duggan actually has a degree? I thought that was a joke

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

DDT has the King of DDT leading into Peter Pan (it's a single elimination tournament of 32 people)

Other promotions in Japan have round robins similar to the G1 such as the 5 Star Grand Prix, Champion Carnival or Global League but lack a biggest show of the year like NJPW, WWE or DDT have and the title shot is usually taken at their next show in Korakuen Hall.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TV Zombie posted:

I wanted to check out Cicople unmasking to reveal Dean Malenko

Wait a minute.....

:aaa:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Have two bald guys ever done a hair vs hair match?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I think it was a lesser PPV (Survivor Series or even TLC), but here you go.

Your point remains: Bryan and Punk cut fun, thankful promos (this was around the beginning of dickhead boyfriend “YES YES YES” Bryan, but I believe he was face here), whereas Ryder immediately looked lost and cut a catchphrase promo that went over like a lead balloon. He was riding high on his Youtube show at the time too, so he had a lot of good will going with fans, but I think the non-reaction he got (plus resentment for getting over on his own) sealed his fate to being John Cena’s “lil buddy” in a Kane feud and losing the US title/his storyline GF like a month later.

Ryder is a decent midcard guy who can carry a belt if need be, but I don’t think he’s capable of being a main draw. He’s a prototype of sorts for NXT guys that followed and floundered (Enzo/Cass specifically); tons of charisma and fan-pull as a character, not much substance as a wrestler, and nothing good from Creative (or in Ryder’s case, a straight-up burial that he never recovered from). I think, even with a sustained push, he would have been a tired idea after 6 months and fans would’ve turned.

This is a really good sum-up and really all anyone needs to know about Ryder at this point. It’s still a little weird to remember him, Punk and Bryan standing together as champions without the “one of these things is not likes the others” theme playing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bigass Moth posted:

Paul Ellering (buzzcut) vs Teddy Long (halo hair)

WCW everybody

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

David Otunga has a law degree from Harvard. But he continues to work for WWE, so probably not actually very smart.

Harvard, and any upper class University masquerading as an elite place of learning, produces some grade A dumbasses.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Bigass Moth posted:

Be quiet or you’ll give Joey Ryan ideas.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Foreskin vs foreskin match.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

That R-Truth dance in Oatgan's avatar, wasn't there some weird context to it? I wasn't watching then, but I seem to recall hearing there was a really bad ending to a PPV, then WWE played that over their signature at the end, so it almost came across like "hahaha gently caress you".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

That R-Truth dance in Oatgan's avatar, wasn't there some weird context to it? I wasn't watching then, but I seem to recall hearing there was a really bad ending to a PPV, then WWE played that over their signature at the end, so it almost came across like "hahaha gently caress you".

It was played at the end of HiaC 14, in which Ambrose lost the main event via anime

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DangerDummy! posted:

Yeah. One of the big storylines going on in WWE was Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins after the Shield broke up. For months, they would do matches where Ambrose would gently caress up Rollins and somehow Rollins would come out the winner. Usually because of Kane interfering on Rollins' behalf. This led to a Hell in a Cell match that was really, really good and the first one in a long time that felt worthy of being a Hell in a Cell match. In the end, Ambrose was winning and had Rollins right where he wanted him. All of the sudden, the lights went out with the Bray Wyatt "DE--!" transition. You could actually hear the groans of the audience. The lights returned and there was a lantern in the middle of the ring with a ghost hologram coming out of it, distracting Ambrose. Suddenly, Wyatt ran at him, beat him up and cost him the match as a way to say, "Ambrose is done with his Rollins feud and is going to fight Wyatt from now on just because."

Immediately after, they did a quick station identification of R-Truth happily shuffling across the screen.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jesus. That's hilarious. I was honestly expecting a "what the hell are you talking about" kind of answer.

edit: That reminds me, I still have to read your HiaC article. You write good stuff, dude. I liked your brother's movie, too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Let’s not forget that Ambrose then lost his first match with Bray via DQ to set up a TLC match, which he also lost by zapping himself with a TV camera.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Tank Abbott vs Big Al

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

DangerDummy! posted:

Jesus. That's hilarious. I was honestly expecting a "what the hell are you talking about" kind of answer.

edit: That reminds me, I still have to read your HiaC article. You write good stuff, dude. I liked your brother's movie, too.

Wait, his brother did a movie? Tell me more

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Patti Cake$

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6288250/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

It's good.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I've heard good things about that, poo poo

I used to follow 4th Letter heavy before it wrapped up, I feel like a dweeb now, not knowing every fact about this man's family

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 16, 2018

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DangerDummy! posted:

Thank you so much, man.

Movie would have been better if he didn't cut the completely unnecessary scenes where I ran a pawn shop, but oh well.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah I’m a fan of all your DoG articles too :)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When and why did Brodus Clay become a Fox News Contributor?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine he got connected through JBL.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
has undertaker ever submitted to anyone besides mankind or anything besides the mandible claw?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
he submitted to the IRS when he lost all his money on real estate

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Son of Man posted:

has undertaker ever submitted to anyone besides mankind or anything besides the mandible claw?

He lost via submission to CM Punk in a dumb Montreal rehash.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also that oddball finish vs Brock where he tapped to the Kimura, the bell rang, then the match kept going and he beat Brock

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Son of Man posted:

He tapped to Angle once didn't he?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He tapped to Angle once didn't he?

IIRC he tapped to Angle's triangle while simultaneously pinning him.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shine posted:

IIRC he tapped to Angle's triangle while simultaneously pinning him.

That series of matches was really good.

I remember the one you are talking about, and even though Angle won, he looked defeated and spent, whilst Taker was laughing and going "I know your weaknesses now, and I know how to beat you."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, too, enjoyed Patti Cake$. It's currently streaming on HBO Go for anyone who has that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

Let’s not forget that Ambrose then lost his first match with Bray via DQ to set up a TLC match, which he also lost by zapping himself with a TV camera.

he didnt lose by zapping himself with a TV camera

he lost when a flat panel led screen blew up like it was a crt monitor

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

he didnt lose by zapping himself with a TV camera

he lost when a flat panel led screen blew up like it was a crt monitor
kind of incredible that i set out to make it sound as dumb as possible and somehow downplayed how dumb it actually was

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Did Vader ever get sued by Lucasfilm for using that name

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Smoking Crow posted:

Vader actually sued Lucasfilms after the prequels for hurting his ability to earn money and he won

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Vader is dutch for Father. I'm not sure you can trademark that super effectively worldwide.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

No but New Japan prevented him from using the Big Van Vader name in UWFi so he had to go by Super Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nothing he did was supposed to evoke Vader, although both were based off samurai stuff.

Not like The Incredible Hulk Hogan.