Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
yeah i paid thousands of dollars or whatever for this insane glove set from the most epic fight ever in history but the ol wife ya know, the ol ball and chain hehe, shes the boss,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Your Parents posted:

yeah i paid thousands of dollars or whatever for this insane glove set from the most epic fight ever in history but the ol wife ya know, the ol ball and chain hehe, shes the boss,

maybe he's trying to get laid for the first time and doesn't want ladies to see that hanging in his bedroom

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

I’ll be honest the thing is heavy and I have absolutely no manageable wall space. I am also single, gay and Very Bad at hanging heavy poo poo I literally have no idea how to do it ok jerkwad

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
i just feel like its insane to buy that and then decide you have no space for it. its like the thing you'd only buy if you have a dedicated mma memorabilia room im sorry lmao. its so badass it should be in a museum or something

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’ll be honest the thing is heavy and I have absolutely no manageable wall space. I am also single, gay and Very Bad at hanging heavy poo poo I literally have no idea how to do it ok jerkwad

i think you're supposed to ask a really buff gay guy to help hang it on your wall? then you get laid? it's been a while

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
i was just about to offer to come over and hang it and suck him off tbh

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jeez Louis here I am offering a cool thing to people who might want it and people just gotta be unpleasant. Ya tools. You ridiculous monsters

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i'm glad this story had a happy ending

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

i just feel like its insane to buy that and then decide you have no space for it. its like the thing you'd only buy if you have a dedicated mma memorabilia room im sorry lmao. its so badass it should be in a museum or something

I was like 20 years old and hung it over my tv. But it’s very nice and I took good care of em!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Although I have fought every year to keep from putting them on and shadow boxing with them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

i was just about to offer to come over and hang it and suck him off tbh

I mean this is also a totally open offer if you wanna come to Lancaster PA

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Although I have fought every year to keep from putting them on and shadow boxing with them

Have you smelled them?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll have that for a free price, shipping included. If you send a bomb to my house Instead as a prank then you have to send me 1,000 dollars for free afterward

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Cavauro posted:

i'll have that for a free price, shipping included. If you send a bomb to my house Instead as a prank then you have to send me 1,000 dollars for free afterward

But what if it's another bomb?

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
That’s very cool

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

But what if it's another bomb?

then shame on him?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Sending two bombs to the same person is hardly proper decorum but sending one of them after the first already exploded is just uncouth.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The company obviously had high hopes for Carlito. From all the merchandise produced around that period, it's obvious they had high hopes for the dude. I'm a nerd and collected full sets of wrestling cards, Carlito was always prominently featured on all the packaging and was always Card #1 or #2 for a bit, with the other being John Cena. I remember when he turned face, the amount of merch they produced with that stupid loving smirking apple was ungodly. I think they expected him to be the next Rock. Instead, they got a guy who was too loving lazy to even name his finisher for several months.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

The company obviously had high hopes for Carlito. From all the merchandise produced around that period, it's obvious they had high hopes for the dude. I'm a nerd and collected full sets of wrestling cards, Carlito was always prominently featured on all the packaging and was always Card #1 or #2 for a bit, with the other being John Cena. I remember when he turned face, the amount of merch they produced with that stupid loving smirking apple was ungodly. I think they expected him to be the next Rock. Instead, they got a guy who was too loving lazy to even name his finisher for several months.

no, no, no, this thread has taught me anytime anybody fails in the WWE, it's Vince's fault

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was Caribbean Cool a title or his last name?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They should have called him Triple C, I wonder why they didn't.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Why did Carlito never go to TNA? You'd think that he had all the aspects TNA was looking for at the time, between decent promo skills, ability to do flips and being a WWE cast-off.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ThePariah posted:

Why did Carlito never go to TNA? You'd think that he had all the aspects TNA was looking for at the time, between decent promo skills, ability to do flips and being a WWE cast-off.

Because his dad runs a wrestling promotion and why not just go back to that?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

maybe Carlito failed in wwe because vince is biased against body guys.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Aphrodite posted:

Was Caribbean Cool a title or his last name?

His first name is Caribbean and last name is Cool. "Carlito" is just an adjective.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MrBling posted:

Because his dad runs a wrestling promotion and why not just go back to that?

Which is a shame because TNA already had his entrance theme ready to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bWfvAdJVRA

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm currently imagining Shelton's Mama as a main-event gimmick and its the best.

Shelton (w/ Mama) vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm currently imagining Shelton's Mama as a main-event gimmick and its the best.

Shelton (w/ Mama) vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

This would have resulted in Mama taking an F-5 as part of the build for sure

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I know that when Vince (Jr.) took over the WWF, he poached a lot of guys from various promotions (like Hogan was from Gagne's AWA). I was listening to a podcast about Bobby Heenan and heard that he insisted on finishing out his AWA dates before he left but he was a bit of an anomaly in that regard. Is there a list somewhere of who Vince took from where, and which of them abandoned their old promotions vs. those who did the 'honorable' thing like Heenan? I'm just curious. Also are there any good books about that era of wrestling (histories, not biographies of individual people)?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

I know that when Vince (Jr.) took over the WWF, he poached a lot of guys from various promotions (like Hogan was from Gagne's AWA). I was listening to a podcast about Bobby Heenan and heard that he insisted on finishing out his AWA dates before he left but he was a bit of an anomaly in that regard. Is there a list somewhere of who Vince took from where, and which of them abandoned their old promotions vs. those who did the 'honorable' thing like Heenan? I'm just curious. Also are there any good books about that era of wrestling (histories, not biographies of individual people)?

Ventura hated Gagne so much he filmed a bunch of promos hyping upcoming house show matches, then quit the next day giving Gagne a month of TV he couldn't use.

Gagne ran the promos anyway.

Pretty much everyone left without notice because that's what Vince wanted. The list would be like, nearly everyone except for Heenan and a few other exceptions.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Why is Minoru Suzuki’s “Kaze ni nare” chant popular?

It’s like a full minute into an already very slow song and I don’t understand its meaning or why anyone would feel pumped enough to shout it, but it’s there all the time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nilbop posted:

It’s like a full minute into an already very slow song and I don’t understand its meaning or why anyone would feel pumped enough to shout it, but it’s there all the time.

It means "Become the wind". I know this because there was a 6 month period where Kelly would explain it every time. I feel like Mauro did it too when he announced the AXS show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also the song rules

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's impossible to explain to someone lacking any soul

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

It means "Become the wind". I know this because there was a 6 month period where Kelly would explain it every time. I feel like Mauro did it too when he announced the AXS show.

Did you know that "Rellik" is "Killer" spelled backwards?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Nilbop posted:

what's it like not experiencing joy in your life

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kaze ni Nare is a power ballad, it builds up and "kaze ni nare" is a very fun thing to sing. Become the fuckin' wind, motherfucker.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

what's it like not experiencing joy in your life

how the gently caress does one not get kaze ni nare the first time they hear it?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

AkumaHokoru posted:

how the gently caress does one not get kaze ni nare the first time they hear it?

tbqh the first time I heard it I was all "Huh? What was that all about?" but I was ready and on board the second time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dias posted:

Kaze ni Nare is a power ballad, it builds up and "kaze ni nare" is a very fun thing to sing. Become the fuckin' wind, motherfucker.

its so good