Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shiki Dan posted:

Forgot to add:

"Half the audience of 8-year old Cena fans sits on hands because they have no idea who the gently caress he is"

And the entirety of the older fans, who tend to be quite numerous at these shows, go absolutely banana, and the easily led children cheer because everyone else is cheering.

At the Smackdown I just went to, a kid was chanting along with everyone else, but kept mishearing, so at one point, he was cheering for "Toby" while Kofi Kingston was getting huge face pops.

But don't let that stop ya, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

tzirean posted:

Not necessarily. 260 Vicodin and 180 somas? He's obviously not a kingpin, but he could believably be selling to a few people.

I like to think he turned down the Undertaker schedule at 7 figures just to make however chump chain selling a relatively small amount of drugs whilst getting high all day

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
So prior to last night when was the last decent Lawler match in WWE? (Surprised they didn't mention he's never had a Wrestlemania match)

I'm fairly sure it's Summerslam 93 with the whole Bret Hart/excuses and Doink thing which was fantastic. His matches with Mark Henry/Jake Roberts were dull, that Summerslam match with Tazz was horrid. Oh and the whole setup to Booker T vs HHH king vs king of kings.

For someone who's been with the company for 17 years he's not actually had that many fueds.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WeaselWeaz posted:

I can't find the original post from Perverted Justice, but it's a website where people set-up sexual predators and then release their names, videos, etc.

http://www.wrestling-news.com/TranscriptRF14.html

Best line?

"RFWrestling [10:19 PM]: lol ill pretend u said 18"

Oddly enough though, AFAIK he wasn't actually charged with anything, which...I'm not sure I get.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

bobkatt013 posted:

Hopefully he would not have Santa on it.

To go on a tangent : I dare you to do a GIS for Ultimate Warrior Santa. Possibly with safesearch off. In case it isn't blindingly obvious by my tone, NWS.

That ain't fanart either, that's from his own comic.

I guess I could ask "how crazy is the Ultimate Warrior", but the answer is already known : Very. Are there any less well-known examples of his insanity?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He even used RFWrestling as his chat handle. Smart fella.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oddly enough though, AFAIK he wasn't actually charged with anything, which...I'm not sure I get.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that most of the guys who get busted by Perverted Justice don't end up getting charged because of the circumstances of these stings.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I reserve the right to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that most of the guys who get busted by Perverted Justice don't end up getting charged because of the circumstances of these stings.

Yeah I guess it's questions of entrapment/stuff being admissible in court.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Honestly, "trying to date young teenagers" is pretty low on the wrestling scandal list *for wrestlers*.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I was watching "Rise and Fall of WCW" With my nephew and when they started talking about who came up for the idea for the New World Order Chris Jericho (I Think) said Eric Bishoff got the idea from New Japan.

What was the Name of the New Japan group and what were its members?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

I was watching "Rise and Fall of WCW" With my nephew and when they started talking about who came up for the idea for the New World Order Chris Jericho (I Think) said Eric Bishoff got the idea from New Japan.

What was the Name of the New Japan group and what were its members?

I believe he meant the UWFi. They kept calling all other Japanese promotions 'fake' and eventually started a big feud with NJPW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UWF_International

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'll ask because I'm curious.

What do you think is the most offensive skit/angle ever done in wrestling and why?

I would have to go with Katie Vick. It was easy to see that the segment was produced solely to shock people and try to drum up controversy. It did nothing to make Kane more sympathetic, made HHH look freaking bizarre and was quite simply, gross.

On top of that, the segment spawned another, stupid segment the following week, which, again, did nothing to further the angle. For me, it sucked on so many different levels and in the end, accomplished nothing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Writer Cath posted:

What do you think is the most offensive skit/angle ever done in wrestling and why?

I would have to go with Katie Vick. It was easy to see that the segment was produced solely to shock people and try to drum up controversy. It did nothing to make Kane more sympathetic, made HHH look freaking bizarre and was quite simply, gross.

On top of that, the segment spawned another, stupid segment the following week, which, again, did nothing to further the angle. For me, it sucked on so many different levels and in the end, accomplished nothing.

It led to great matches and I know it was their idea, but the Rey/Eddie Dominick storyline made me feel really uncomfortable. Mostly for personal reasons, but still.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Writer Cath posted:

-Rodman raping a woman until she loved him

-Dominick/Rey

-King/Jake Roberts

-Road Warrior Hawk/Droz

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Writer Cath posted:

Eddie Guerrero's death used for a Rey Mysterio push and Chavo Guerrero heel turn.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Writer Cath posted:

Chavo turning into a white guy because he was ashamed of being mexican. I thought it was funny but I could see it being horribly offensive to pretty much anyone.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

ColeM posted:

Chavo turning into a white guy because he was ashamed of being mexican. I thought it was funny but I could see it being horribly offensive to pretty much anyone.

Mexicools were worse. Kerwin at least had that theme music and mugging titantron.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Giedroyc posted:

Mexicools were worse. Kerwin at least had that theme music and mugging titantron.

I agree with this too. They would all come to the ring riding lawn mowers... god drat.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ColeM posted:

I agree with this too. They would all come to the ring riding lawn mowers... god drat.

Who doesn't want to drive a Juan Deere?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Writer Cath posted:

Hawk/Puke, nothing comes close

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Melanie Pillman on Raw after Brian died.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Stephanie Mcmahon comparing 9/11 to her fathers steroid trial.

antiloquax
Feb 23, 2008

by Ozma

Lone Rogue posted:

That was more tasteless/tactless than offensive. Still a horrible idea, though.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

antiloquax posted:

That was more tasteless/tactless than offensive. Still a horrible idea, though.

Fair enough.

Fritz forging his dead sons signature and selling forged prints to WCCW fans. It wasn't an angle or skit, but it was a major part of WCCw.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

WeaselWeaz posted:

Eddie Guerrero's death used for a Rey Mysterio push and Chavo Guerrero heel turn.

I think Chavo turned heel and became Kerwin White a few weeks before Eddy's death. All of the tribute videos and photographs from that time have him with the bleached-blonde hair. When Eddie died, he went straight back to being a face, and used all of Eddie's signiature moves for his high-spots.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Lone Rogue posted:

I never saw this, just heard about it, any links to it online?

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Tyma posted:

I think Chavo turned heel and became Kerwin White a few weeks before Eddy's death. All of the tribute videos and photographs from that time have him with the bleached-blonde hair. When Eddie died, he went straight back to being a face, and used all of Eddie's signiature moves for his high-spots.

Then, after Rey had won the title, Chavo and Vickie turned on him.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

El Axo Grande posted:

-King/Jake Roberts
What was that feud/angle about?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

At this point Jake was "sober" and the King poured JD all over him and he claims that is what caused his relapse. The King also mocked his past alcohol problems, just really tasteless especially coming from a guy that was charged with raping a 16 year old.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Recovering alcoholic Roberts getting mocked by the King, including at one point having King pour liqour on Roberts after a match.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Jakes says he's a good Christian and no longer drinks
King says he's a lying hypocrite and still a piss head, ends up pouring whiskey down his throat on PPV.

At the time King was the heel. Mark Henry in his all American tights got involved.

Edit: Everyone loves 1996 WWF storylines apparently.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Roberts was doing a born again preacher/recovering addict gimmick and Lawler claimed it was bullshit. He made jokes about Roberts being drunk constantly, then I think Roberts jumped him. At one point Lawler beat him up and poured whiskey down Roberts throat. Roberts has claimed in shoot interviews, I think even in WWE's DVD, that it was real whiskey and he was not told that in advance. They had a couple matches, one of which was on Raw where Roberts came to the ring drunk with a bottle of whiskey, Lawler made drunk jokes, then when his back was turned Roberts showed he was faking, pinned Lawler, and then poured the whiskey all over Lawler's face.

The Jean Genie
Jan 1, 2010

I'M AFRAID OF AMERICANS
WCW and TNA did the same thing with Scott Hall and Rhyno respectively.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

The Jean Genie posted:

And Austin in his feud with Scott Hall poured beer all over him as well calling him a drunk.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Ktik posted:

And Austin in his feud with Scott Hall poured beer all over him as well calling him a drunk.

In all fairness, Roberts claimed to be an addict while I think Hall to this day claims he's not.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

In all fairness, Roberts claimed to be an addict while I think Hall to this day claims he's not.

Its still not as tasteless as WCW's version of it

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

The Jean Genie posted:

I dont remember the feud bewteen Rhyno and Jarret ever invoved Rhyno being exposed to alcohol though. They just mentioned he was a recovering alcohoholic to build up face sympathy.

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare

ChampRamp posted:

Hawk/Puke, nothing comes close
I didn't know anything about this, here's what Wikipedia told me

Wikipedia posted:

He was involved in a confrontation involving L.O.D. member Hawk's alcoholism. In this confrontation, Hawk was seen by his partner Animal as unfit to wrestle and Drozdov was tapped to take Hawk's place in the tag team. The situation ended with accusations that Drozdov had been the "enabler" of Hawk's problems and had dosed the L.O.D. member to take his place in the team. During this segment, Hawk was shown to have fallen (or more likely pushed by Puke) off the TitanTron. The feud culminated at the UK PPV WWF Capital Carnage when the L.O.D. team of Drozdov and Animal took on The Headbangers. During the match, Drozdov entered the ring to defend Animal who was on the receiving end of an illegal double-team by The Headbangers. While the referee was occupied ushering Headbanger Thrasher out of the ring, Headbanger Mosh rolled up Drozdov, and the referee turned around and made the three count. Animal, enraged that Drozdov got involved, began to brawl with Drozdov before walking away from the ring in disgust, effectively ending Drozdov's run with L.O.D.

It sounds pretty bad. So Droz was an unofficial Road Warrior, and apparently got Hawk heavily into alcohol so he could try to replace him? Then Droz pushed Hawk off the Titantron and that's it? There was never any real blow off to their little feud? How long was Hawk gone after the Titantron incident before he returned?

Someone mentioned Scott Hall's alcoholism angle in WCW, and that was bad. I can remember a few weeks in a row with Nash going to find Hall at bars and one time sticking Hall's head into a toilet.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Going by WWE/WWF only, Top 10 Most Offensive Angles in no particular order:

--Sgt. Slaughter's Saddam Hussein sympathizer angle

--Austin's Satanic Crucifixion by Undertaker and the Ministry of Darkness

--Hawk/Droz Drug Dealer Alcoholic Suicide Angle

--Katie Vick

--Any and all instances of attempted, implied, or actual rape (Viscera attempting to rape Ryan Shamrock, Viscera attempting to rape Rob Conway, DX/Triple H's implied rape of a girl who was supposed to be Stephanie)

--Vince McMahon putting himself over God (which even earned him coverage on Keith Olbermann's Worst Person in the World segment)

--Any and all instances of attempted murder (Austin/Pillman gun angle, The Rock's attempted murder of Austin by throwing him off a bridge--or was it the other way around???)

--Jake's Relapsed Alcoholic angle (as mentioned)

--Katie Lea/Paul Birchill's attempted incest angle

--Any and all instances of a wrestler's death or family of a recently-deceased wrestler's being used to pop ratings or push someone (Melanie Pillman, Randy Orton: "Eddie's not in heaven, he's in HELL!!!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Its still not as tasteless as WCW's version of it
No, pouring whiskey in a recovering alcoholic's mouth is about as tasteless as it gets.