Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

the fact that Foley got BACK UP afterwards with a crazy smile on his face because his character was loving insane and wanted to keep fighting.... and Taker's reaction was,"gently caress it okay let's fight some more!"

But this also happens in CZW matches :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the gorilla position? The latest Botchamania included a shoot with Gene Okerlund saying " nowVince was there in the gorilla position, anyone who is anyone knows aboutthe gorilla position :smugdog:... I wanna be cool too,..

Backstage, just behind the entranceway.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jagtpanther posted:

Why isn't that done more often? It protects the wrestlers since they're being ganged up on and keeps the feud hot because one hasn't beaten the other one.

Because usually battle royals are for a prize, and the top guys are more likely to win them!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

grody but still def posted:

jim duggan/john studd

Yes I too remember when they won the ????? prize

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Von Linus posted:

He's mates with Randy Orton, I read. Dunno who else.

And I read recently that he and Orton don't like each other at all. But all reports say that Cena is a really nice guy behind the scenes.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

When I use "smark" as a pejorative I basically mean people who sperg out over wrestling.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Grisham saying "I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW" while the screen is blacked out is a good way to get viewers.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

WWE did get Buffer once, for the Royal Rumble in 2008 at Madison Square Garden. It was really.....something.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Whatever happened to long building feuds, big payoffs and rare but special (usually at a pay per view) title changes?
Weekly TV and monthly PPVs!

quote:

Did the attitude era (stopped watching at a fairly young age, got back into it recently and missed that entire era) cause wrestling ADD so badly that there are no slow build feuds or long title reigns anymore?
Yes!

quote:

Have there been any long periods of one guy holding a title recently?
There have been 6 world champions in the past 5 years that have held their titles for at least 200 days. But this year there have been more surprise title changes than usual.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The most recent title change on Raw not due to an injury was when Jericho beat Batista in a cage match on the 800th episode last year. Before that would be CM Punk's first money in the bank.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Judakel posted:

Why did someone say earlier that they had taken the referees' names away and were prohibited from calling them by their names if Batmanuel says otherwise?
Because they did.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DM Punk posted:

It doesn't have to be some bikini model either.

But being that we're talking about WWE, it would be.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Judakel posted:

What were, in your opinion, the greatest small man vs. giant matches ever?

Hornswoggle vs. Khali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F79m4ouMkA

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Wazzu posted:

And do you think jericho will get his way and induct lance storm? (not saying jericho is lobbying now, but he would probably love it)

:cawg:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Zack would have been about 16 in 2001.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

While Shawn Michaels was feuding with the McMahons, he had a match against Shane. They KO'd Shawn, put him in the Sharpshooter, and rang the bell.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

He also drove a lowrider through the Smackdown set with Taker on it making it blow up.

This was great because he drove the car through the stage, and crashed it.....into boxes and boxes of fireworks that were conveniently stacked directly behind the stage.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Does this count?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Wait, are you absolutely sure this isn't Jack Swagger?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

The TV Title existed before the 90s, guys.

On the old NWA shows on 24/7 they have TV Title matches.

The name was much less stupid back in those days, when the television was still a new and wondrous invention.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

As everyone knows, it is pronounced "BRRR Abado"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OH0wlkfbc

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

I wish he could keep it when he eventually arrives in the WWE, because while that video is awesome, a crowd ten times bigger singing along would be magical.

If WWE crowds don't sing along with Zack Ryder's song, they won't sing along with anything.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

You don't feel me, so sit down and don't say "What's up."

But they only say "What's up". Coincidentally, no one knows the words to "Final Countdown" either.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

why does cena keep getting boners during matches

Either a) his jorts don't fit and they create a comical illusion by bulging
or b) his jorts don't fit and oh baby

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite suicide joke from Edge and Christian since their,"If JFK hadn't been assassinated he would have killed himself rather than stay in Dallas one day longer," promo from a PPV that was IN DALLAS!

Well, it wouldn't have made much sense if they weren't in Dallas.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Is the scaffold match the most dangerous match type around? Taipei deathmatch? Inferno?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=1232680

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

*ref throws up the X*
Me: "NAH MAN THE REF IS MAKING THE INJURY CALL! NO WAY THEY'D SHOW THAT ON TV! THIS IS BULLSHIT!"
Turns out I was right :smug:

Similarly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSZdgA0KZLs#t=3m30s

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hungry Hungry Hippo posted:

So, my actual question is: Did I miss something obvious, or did they just go all Kane on the continuity and just brought him back without explaining or even mentioning his absence?

You're Triple H, you should know

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

By your own numbers we're talking about the PC boom period, where usage jumped 20 percent in the two year span between 1999-2001. It only gained 10 percent in the next four years. To me that sounds like a pretty popular time for online communities.

Internet usage jumped like a billion percent between 1992 and 1995!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Even Silverdome.com (which is gone, like the stadium)

The stadium is still there. The city is actually trying to sell it at auction.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I went to WM23 and sat somewhere in the equivalent of sections 124-126 on that diagram, about 2/3 of the way up. The view was fantastic - the titantron was partially blocked by the lighting rig but other than that you could see everything really well. Plus, the crowd in that area was great and the price was very reasonable.

Sitting up in the $25 seats would probably be too far away but likely would still be better than most floor seats.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Question: How many times has the Undertaker been defeated cleanly, not counting rollups?

1. Vladimir Kozlov, 2009
???

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

And Kurt Angle at No Way Out one year.

I said no rollups!!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Technically not a roll up. Just a reversal of the triangle choke.

It's a fruity roll up.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This video does not contain fart juice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzAwblN_qbg

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DX has probably made WWE far more money this time than they did 10 years ago.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Brickhouse Betty posted:

We'll still remember him?

That's what they said about Chuck Palumbo :smith:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Shawn Michaels and Tommy Dreamer have done piledrivers in the last 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

a week ago

This reminds me of Flair's last couple years in WWE, when he hit the move off the top rope about 10 matches in a row yet people were astonished every time.