Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
It does kinda sound boring, but it's probably pretty much necesarry for most guys if they want to survive 4-5 house shows a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Someone might want to start a topic for this, it seems to come here (and the last thread) every few months (I might be mis-remembering).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Yellowjacket Hawky posted:

You're a giant baby about threads.

...What? Whatever, figured it might make an ok thread.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Captain Strange posted:

Do you guys think the WWE might ever consider doing non-canonical, low-key shows to compete with Indy talent or to spread appeal overseas? It seems they're forever struggling to find places for some of their low and mid card talent. I can't imagine they couldn't turn a profit producing a more indy-style (ie more athletics, less talking), lower budget show under a different brand name. You know, so long as it wasn't HEY KIDS ITS THE NEW WWE INDY - just make their own little indy organisation and not ever talk about it on TV.

Hell, just make FCW mobile.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Does anyone do an Inverted Chokeslam?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

jeffersonlives posted:

And this is a bad thing how exactly? You should want the fans to have to buy the PPV to see the important stuff, if your primary goal is to sell PPVs. If you want to start giving important stuff away for free, you can't run monthly PPVs because there just isn't that much to go around.

I think you're thinking too much like a bussiness man. Sometimes you're gonna have to sacrifice a few bucks here and there for the sake of making the show not suck. Taking this position will make you a retarded mark by default, but thems' the breaks.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Veg posted:

Did Lex Luger have metal elbows?

No, that's Dusty Rhodes.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Veg posted:

Pretty sure I didn't watch WCW when Dusty was wrestling.. but the Bionic thing seems eerily familiar. Did they use the same term for Lugers elbows any time?

I was just joking around, but I do remember the anouncers selling Luger having metal in his arms. I never thought there was any truth to it though.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Koko B. Ware is in the Hall of Fame.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Ktik posted:

HBK/HHH said the Harris Twins were their protection in the locker room after the match. Neidhart was embarrassed on Raw I think two weeks later then left for WCW. Foley, Taker, and I think one other name (Maybe Vader?) all skipped the Raw the next night. Foley came back when he realized he needed money.

If Taker stayed home (he might have, I don't remember all the details), it was probably to back up the guys like Foley who threatened to, sense there's no chance (...in...hell) they would fire him over it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

TL posted:

Although while Orton was briefly REALLY over as a face, he quickly had his legs cut out from under him by dropping the belt to Triple H after a month. And I can't really blame them for putting the belt on HHH so quickly, since Randy SUCKED as a face.

And HHH sucked at whatever role he took on.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Sting vs. HBK or The Undertaker: This is the Last Great American Wrestleing Dream Match.

Discuss?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Skinty McEdger posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViNwvQAxeUc

His WCW debut. Note who introduces him.

"Sid Vicious?! What do you do to a horse that's got a broken leg?"

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Wazzu posted:

Fixed.

Big stupid muscle is an intergral and extremely important part of wrestleing, and Batista shouln't feel ashamed.

Also, it's usually just too drat easy to break up a submission attempt in a tag match.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

reality_groove posted:

I think it was Hurricane, pulling things out of HHH's rear end or something?

...The attitude era was really overrated. There, I said it

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Psychlone posted:

I remember watching the KISS Demon on WCW Saturday and didn't think he was that bad. He wasn't great, but he looked intimidating and could work a decent 5-10 minute match. I don't get the hate for the character, other than it was commercialized and hokey. But that's what KISS is.

I think if they yould have just called him the "The Demon" and let the KISS connection speak for itself, the giant TM tatooed on his forehead wouldn't have bugged people as much.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Incendiary Pig posted:

So what was the whole story behind Mr. America? Did everyone know that Hogan was Mr. America? Was Mr. America supposed to be like a total gimmick change for Hogan?

I was pretty much meant as a joke after a point, they didn't really try to hide who it was.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

errbody posted:

FCC on cable
Didn't we have this discussion like 15 pages ago?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Honeymoon posted:

I liked his WM24 spot better, totally because of Carlito staring at Shelton and thinking "aw gently caress, did we actually kill him?"

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

FishBulb posted:

The only reason anyone even remembers that song is because of Arrested Development.
Yeah, all 38 of you that watched it.

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

I think that The Undertaker can still draw. A lot of people are content just to see The Undertaker.

I don't know, the thing with him is there's usually no way of knowing for sure if he'll even show up outside of PPVs.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

KungFu Grip posted:

yoU GO MAIke ME BUIy ME SUM?

Cracka-rear end translation: "You're going to make me buy myself some?"

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

crankdatbatman posted:

Also...I haven't seen it but I have heard rumors, how bad was the "rematch" at Halloween Havoc 98?

It was bad. It was bad.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Similarly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSZdgA0KZLs#t=3m30s

GatDAMN, Finley's pretty stiff sometimes.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Capsaicin posted:

Speaking of Wikipedia, this is probably the worst wrestling related article I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series_(2007)

Hold on, before I can finish reading that, I have to walk over to the toilet, unzip my pants and revove my genitals from the confines of my boxer-breifs, then deposit an amount of urine into the toilet.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

LividLiquid posted:

So in your eyes, having a match with somebody that isn't a complete squash is "putting someone over?" because Hogan didn't squash Kidman and still buried the guy.

Who's HBK burying?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Burrito posted:

There was a ppv or RAW within the past year that had someone with a sign that was a giant cardboard cut out of John Cena's face, and it rose up from the crowd in an ominous manner. A gif was made of it and I need that gif and maybe even what show it was on. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Ok what the hell, sombody get off their rear end and pull this out of their gif folder. Jerusalem, Hulkamatt, come on.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
I think editing the comentary will go a long way.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Now when you say performers salary, are we talking HBK/Orton level, or Yoshi Tatsu '18k and a carton of smokes a year' level?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Alan_Shore posted:

I've heard a lot of negative things about Goldberg here, like how he doesnt care for the business, getting into fights with people backstage, taking himself too seriously. But on the Rise and Fall of WCW I was really surprised to see him come cross very well in his interview segments. So what's going on here?

Stuff does come up here and there, but that's just because was really high profile. He's barely on the charts when in comes to dickhead wrestlers.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Free Market Gravy posted:

Which is why I didn't really side with Regal, either, although that was just as much Regal misunderstanding what it meant to give Goldberg a "good match."

If he literally refused to learn how to sell, then he got what was coming to him.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Minges posted:

Honestly, knowing that it was all scripted but not following dirt back then, I remember the match and thinking "boy, Regal's loving great." Like it didn't look bad to me, just that Goldberg hit his first real challenge in the technical master Regal. Even though I thought Regal was just a creepy fat British guy with a lovely haircut. He just seemed so good at rasslin!

It came off as Goldberg's first good match, I think is what I'm saying.

Ditto. I was always confused as to why Regal never went anywhere after that (until I started posting here).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Bearnt! posted:

I was curious as to what the overall opinion here was about which Wrestlemania match is Shawn Michaels best. I've listed all of them below even the Rockers matches just for the hell of it but I think it's safe to say you can start the list at Wrestlemania X.

WrestleMania VI: The Orient Express defeated The Rockers
WrestleMania VII: The Rockers defeated The Barbarian and Haku
WrestleMania VIII: Shawn Michaels (with Sensational Sherri) defeated Tito Santana.
WrestleMania IX: Tatanka defeated Shawn Michaels (c) by countout in a match for the Intercontinental Championship .
WrestleMania X: Razor Ramon defeated Shawn Michaels (c) in a Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
WrestleMania XI: Diesel (c) defeated Shawn Michaels in a match for the WWE Championship
WrestleMania XII: Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart (c) in an Iron Man match for the WWE Championship
WrestleMania XIV: Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Shawn Michaels in a match for the WWE Championship
WrestleMania XIX: Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Jericho.
WrestleMania XX: Chris Benoit defeated Triple H (c) and Shawn Michaels in a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship
WrestleMania XXI: Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels.
WrestleMania XXII: Shawn Michaels defeated Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match
WrestleMania XXIII: John Cena (c) defeated Shawn Michaels in a a match for the WWE Championship
WrestleMania XXIV: Shawn Michaels defeated Ric Flair in a Career Threatening match
Wrestlemania XXV: The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels

It's REALLY tough to just pick one. For me personally it's between the Jericho and Angle matches, going back and rewatching those I enjoyed them the most. Jericho tuning up the band will always hold a special place in my heart. There really is no wrong answer to this unless you picked the WM9 match or something.

drat, a 6-9 record?! Mr. Wrestlemania my rear end.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Something that also makes it a lariat is if you do a gay little flip thing in the ropes beforehand, Nigel.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Serious question: So Lashley was just in really good shape, Batista is a bodybuilder, and Lé Trip is a cripple. Is Cena anywhere near as strong as Mark Henry?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Cena's pretty strong, for a guy 150 pounds less than Mark Henry.

Oh with out a doubt. That's why I don't have any problem at all with the FU. The fucker overshoots Hogan's inflating Silverdome number with an overhead throw on at least a yearly basis.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

AsInHowe posted:

Shawn Michaels is Mr. Wrestlemania because so many of those matches are rewatchable epic classics, while many Undertaker WM matches were Undertaker vs Big Jobber.

Oh would you stop. Quit trying to manipulate the the numbers in HBK's favor. He has a Wrestlemania losing record 15 years wide.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Bit off-topic, but can you guys tell me the best way to set up tournament brackets? I'm trying to set up the Match of the Decade tournament and can't seem to do it right.

I say just do a point system like they're doing for the WH2K yearly awards. Brackets will just end up knocking out serious contenders in the first round, and there's no good way to rank stuff when it's all over.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Matlock posted:

Green: Acid/Blind
Red: Burning
Black: Poison
Blue: Sleep
Yellow: Paralysis

I thought red made you grow a second pair of arms or turn you into a midget or poo poo like that. :flashfact:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

AKA Driver posted:

Scheduling-wise, how did the WWE think it was a good idea to put a PPV on Tuesday, not once, but twice, with Taboo Tuesday? Was there a specific reason that they did a mid-week PPV like this that was going to be difficult to work around fans schedules (DVRs were fairly rare in people's homes in 2004. Sure, you could tape it, but where's the fun in ordering a PPV just to watch it on tape later)? Just wanted to see if they could get away with it?

Hell, I work sunday nights, it'd be nice to catch a PPV every now and then. During the week might be a nice place to stick a lower budget PPV or two just to mix things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

oldpainless posted:

The consortium? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

That's what it means now.