Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Wasnt it umaga since he refused rehab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Hall of Fame? Dont you need to be, well, famous, to have a hall of fame?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

That certainly is an amazing way to drive your head into someone's knee

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Its the part where his smile was

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

TL posted:

Watching the WrestleMania special right now, two thoughts in my head: First, sweet Jesus, HBK and Undertaker should have been the main event. Second, who's kicked out of the Tombstone other than Kane and Shawn Michaels? I can't think of anyone else. Did Hogan do it?

Didnt hogan not just kick out, but no sell the tombstone entirely?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

They probably wont say ref names because they dont want you to focus on the ref unless it involves the finish.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Kane could have a great reign. He could explain that he wanted the title so badly because now, instead of him having to find people to hurt, they just come to him now!

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Chilly McFreeze posted:

If WWE crowds don't sing along with Zack Ryder's song, they won't sing along with anything.

Just wait till wrestlemania and hope ryder's in it.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

I think the awful finish of the elimination chamber was when he started losing his heart for the business.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Didnt Mark Henry get a clean win on understand and banish his soul from the wwe? Which means mark henry is strong enough to slam out an exorcism

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Edge has 20/20 vision

Yes but what will he be like tomorrow

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

When is the last time Orton has landed a really good punt? He needs to layout kofi before their next match.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

I think 3d is more protected

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

I think Master Wang is a better team name

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Lowki did it on FCW to some guy, he loving PLANTED the guy. Landed straight on the guy's chest and did not roll out of it, he stayed on the chest for a good second. I really dont know how they are doing it. It looks like they are just taking the move since lowki is skinny as poo poo. As for the nut shot, Japanese people are loving crazy.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

CrankyProf posted:

Punk had several weeks of promos before his ECW debut, as well.

Wasnt it that shannon moore had a few weeks of promos, and then punk just suddenly showed up in one, called him a poser, and they had a match next week?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

So WWA (World Wrestling Association) is having some event just a few minutes from my house.

http://www.wwaworldwrestling.com/2009/12/vengeance-live-on-i-95/

quote:

Nooie Lee vs. Marty Con Dejo

NWA Florida Tag Team Title Match
NWA-Florida Tag Team Champions the Dark City Fight Club will put their title on the line against the New Heavenly Bodies!

NWA North American Heavyweight Title Match
NWA North American Champion Apolo vs. “The Marquee” Bruce Santee

NWA Florida Heavyweight Title Match
NWA FL Champion, The Sheik will put his title on the line against “The American Hero” Jesse Neal!

Main Event:
WWE Legend Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. “The British Lion” Tommy Taylor

Also featuring Titan, “Uptown” Frankie Capone, plus many more WWA/NWA superstars!!

*Card Subject to change*

Does this seem to be worth the $15/20 for tickets?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

How long has JR had the drum roll whatever its called

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

I dont think Dusty's music changed at all.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

I think the appeal behind Big Undertaker matches is watching how the opponents cope with him.

Micheals decided he was gonna turn the mind games around on him. He put on white clothes, did fuckery with the casket, etc. It worked until the night of the match, when Micheals realized oh gently caress, the games are over and I have a 7ft man who wants to beat me to hell.

Edge was falling victim to UT's games bad. Growing increasingly dependent on the family around him to give him comfort and assistance. Once it came to the point that he could no longer get their help he started losing it. Turning to Foley, he realized this and just went crazy. Becoming obsessed with UT rather than fearing him.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

I should make a CAW and give him the Sicilian elbow finisher

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Minidust posted:

On a similar note, why does Starship Pain semi-whiff almost every time? You'd think Morrison would catch on after overshooting it so much. With that said, I'm wondering if it's just an especially unsafe move to take head on, and the light grazing is intentional.

I think the whiff is on purpose, do you see how hard his knees come down every time? It looks like it could legit hurt.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Didnt dreamer continue to use piledrivers?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

When was the last time someone bladed (actually bladed, not busted open) on WWE programming?

The most recent one I can remember is in 2008 when HHH and Regal had a first blood match for some reason. It was one of the most obvious blade jobs Ive ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVql6dF0BFg at 9:20

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

LightsGameraAction posted:

That's not half as terrible as this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBFPDoQpqU

Not like blading is good or anything, but I guess when you've got main eventers acting too dumb-assed to even make it look believable you've gotta call it quits.

There was a wrestler who talked about how he would blade midway through that move and toss the blade before he landed, and you could never tell. I wanna say it was HBK but Im not sure.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Probably in Puerto Rico

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

It was an upset that they went on to do absolutely nothing with, yet nash will bring up all the time. Something he learned from Hogan and Kidman.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

HHH cares about the sport probably more than any other wrestler on the roster right now. He goes for the title when it is needed and stays away from it when hes not needed. He tries to put a lot of talent over when it seems they are serious. Hes worked with a lot of the guest hosts to try and make them as exciting as possible if they are in front of the crowd.

If you dislike HHH theres nothing wrong with that. If you hate HHH youre just frothing at the mouth.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Ninpo posted:

When Shawn Michaels delivers Sweet Chin Music, there's a hell of a noise when it connects...what makes that sound?

Thigh slappin

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

That doesnt sound like a farnsworth story at all!

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I miss WH2K.doc.

Here's a wrestling question: Why can't we have one? Is it a forum rule or something?

I think its because people turn anal on what gets it, or too much discussion about discussion itself. Either way it gets dumb

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

It almost looks like hes pregnant

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Cornette probably wouldnt do it. It seems like an exaggeration you would say to a (what you consider) a close friend because they know you dont mean it. However, if he sent it to a tna email, jim is just retarded for it and deserves to get in trouble.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

Tell me there will be lock boxes involved.

Russo would put in about 10 gimmicks into the fight, cornette would win by killing him

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The whole Kennedy as Vince's son angle was cursed.

The rough outline was supposed to see Vince die in the limo explosion followed by Steph & Shane fighting over who would be in charge of the WWE. Triple H would be revealed to be Steph's husband at some point. Eventually, it would be revealed that Vince had a 3rd child, and he happened to be on the WWE Roster. Kennedy would be that child and was supposed to take on Triple H for control of the WWE at WrestleMania. Vince would come back at some point and say that he wasn't really dead.

What really happened? Benoit killed Nancy & Daniel and the limo explosion angle was immediately dropped. Then Kennedy failed a drug test so they went with Hornswoggle. They did nothing with it, really, except for having Vince try to kill Hornswoggle every week. Eventually, Finlay revealed that he was Hornswoggle's son the entire time and at WrestleMania, Finlay & Hornswoggle got killed by JBL in the opening match.

To be fair, this whole mess gave us JBL throwing a trash can at Hornswoggle, so its not a total loss

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The closest one I can think of that actually tries to hit home with crowds lately is CM Punk, and he still does the generic "I'm better than you" thing.

Ryder doing the long island young italian, although sometimes I wonder just how much of it really is a gimmick.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

so russo is the Brittney spears of wrestling writting?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

It seems that not a lot of wrestlers are trusted to just run with it on the stick. Sometimes for good reason. They probably only let HHH, UT, Vince, and Edge just do their thing.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxr9pZwwSMA

in maffew's intro, who is that saying 5 stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

Perdido posted:

Did Austin ever miss catching when beers were thrown to him?

If he did, none of the tossers are alive to attest that he did