Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
My mother mentioned offhand to me that she used to watch a little wrestling when she was a kid with her dad and namedropped Chief Jay Strongbow. Was he any good, and are there any matches that are worth seeing with him in it? If it's on the Network that would help, though with what little I know I'm not sure if he'd be anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Which finishers/signature moves have required the most work from the opponent to perform?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

What exactly is a stinger anyway? I've never heard the term before.

Pinched nerve.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Yuriy posted:

How was it racist you oversensitive twat

It was probably the part where it was a flowery description of how ugly black vaginas are

Just guessing though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

When's the last time extended brawling in the crowd was actually entertaining?

Extreme Rules this year?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
One of the threads in here linked this video recently, which is Steve Austin commenting over his match vs the rock at wrestlemania 17. I found it extremely entertaining and I'd love it if someone could point me towards other similar videos - i.e. wrestlers going over good matches of theirs with a particular spin on actually non-keyfabe performing the match ("here's where I drew the camera away so he could blade safely", "here's me positioning for a clothesline", etc)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Have Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins had a 1v1 gimmickless match in the WWE with no interference or gently caress finishes?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Benne posted:

He interrupted Stephanie on the 15th anniversary Smackdown, Steph got annoyed and booked him in a match with Kane. Kane squashed him and murdered about half of the express.

I believe that was Kane's first clean victory in a good 6 months.

Not only that but it's the first loss Adam Rose has had in the WWE. He's been undefeated since his debut!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Halloween Jack posted:

In other news Wikipedia's list of film-related accidents keeps track of WWE injuries now, and it's pretty gruesome.

I had forgotten about that time a horse accidentally fell into the Undertaker's lair and he drank its blood.

did the 619 actually break cody's nose because I thought that was all storyline

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Benne posted:

AJ's been doing the move for like a decade without any issues. What's more likely, that it's a dangerous move or that two dipshits don't know how to take the move, which happened to occur back-to-back?

isn't it more like 7 or 8 people hurt and 2 with literal broken necks

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Red posted:

It is a dumb and terrible move, it's just that a windup dramatic punch from a huge guy at least looks more impressive than a regular guy regular-punching you.

He should probably wind it up or make it dramatic then

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Paige's submission is called the Paige Tap Out

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What's the most successful WWE tag team (in terms of push/popularity/however you want to judge that) without a "team name?" It always feels weird when a good team just doesn't have a name (Kidd and Cesaro being the most recent) and I'm wondering exactly how far a team has gone without a name to make them feel fully legit.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Saul Goode posted:

Gotta be Edge and Christian doesn't it?

True, though they did start as The Brood and stuck with that for a while. I was thinking more 'didn't really get a name ever' or 'got really popular before getting a name' but yeah that's probably the best answer. Any others?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are Daniel Bryan's best matches across his career? I've realized I've seen surprisingly few of his matches despite him being fantastic. Indie stuff recommendations would be a plus, though I'm fine with recommendations of anything before his most recent injury.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, no real reason to kill this thread off and it's always entertaining to backread. I'm currently slowly going through the youtube thread here doing exactly that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there any footage of Sabu actually hitting the chair to rope springboard move?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Clarification: the new day was supposed to be the nation of domination as much as any stable of white dudes are supposed to be the new shield (i.e. not at all)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I heard that Cesaro had done an entire crazy steiner promo relatively recently on some WWE content somewhere, does anyone have the video of this happening? I want to say it was the math one.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

OctoberCountry posted:

http://network.wwe.com/video/v55562983

If you have a network subscription he starts Steiner Math at about 1:45.

Also, no one like Byron Saxton.

Thanks, that's fantastic. I love that he was able to just drop it live, too.

Cesaro :allears:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there a mailing list or something that I can subscribe to so that WWE can inform me when things are in my area because I might've fallen off from watching dedicatedly but if I had heard NXT was in Lowell which is 30 minutes away from my house I absolutely would've gone and I'd've gotten to see the title change :(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
man, why don't all these wrestlers just stop getting injured?? it's doing awful things to their careers, I have no idea why they keep doing it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is AJ really a flat earther or was it just a bad joke

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The thing I never understand about rich flat earthers is why don't you just charter a plane to prove it to yourself?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Better Gallagher question: for someone they seem to be legitimately trying to say is a solid, respectable wrestler, why the gently caress did they give him the most jobber gimmick and theme I've seen on WWE in years (and are they showing any signs of shifting away)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

VileLL posted:

he's using his exact gimmick and theme from the indies lol

ah, so it's self sabotage

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
To flip the current conversation a little, what would you do if you had to give someone a WWE network sub and three recommended PPVs to watch as their introduction to how actually good wrestling can be.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's always a bummer to me that you basically can't have a move as your finisher if you can't theoretically land it on, like, the big show

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
bayley is dead. I'm sorry to break it to you like this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
in celebration, what do y'all think DBry's best matches (WWE or otherwise, video would be awesome)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm feeling the itch to watch a bunch of cesaro matches where he actually gets to pull off his cool poo poo and look strong, since ricochet just did the deadlift-a-dude that I love seeing cesaro do and my hopes for a 2018 ricochet v cesaro match are slightly dashed by my remembering the fact that cesaro just recently lost to a middle school child

which ones would y'all recommend from any point in his career (especially ones easily available on youtube/etc)

edit: there's a 2010 match between ricochet and cesaro in PWG that was actually ricochet's debut in PWG but ricochet is pretty green and cesaro just outright murders him fairly quickly, so that's not really what i was thinking. there's some very good spots in it though

https://twitter.com/cozy_superkick/status/952893397345300480

my favorite is cesaro tossing ricochet up in the air a foot above his head

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wikipedia edit wars are won by the people who have enough time and dedication to filibuster and revert any changes they dislike

most of the editors that are actively editing wikipedia in 2018 in significant amounts can dedicate weeks if not months if they care hard enough

it's a mess and fixing it in any significant amounts would require cutting through wikipedia bureaucracy which, coincidentally, also requires all of those same skills to do

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dick Bastardly posted:

Wrestlers breaking the fourth wall/kayfabe against creative's (Vince's) wishes during a taping, or better yet, live on tv is the loving best

the image is from a satire site

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given how he stayed BFFs with enzo after all that I'm going to say that the two of them are at the same level of awful

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
thanks for the update big cass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
framing it as 'refusing to learn english' is weird