Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I thought that happened with Jeff Jarrett? You're telling me that happened TWICE with Hulk Hogan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

He also re-created the Montreal Screwjob at Starrcade 99!
Elaborate please.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Pneub posted:

Someone might want to start a topic for this, it seems to come here (and the last thread) every few months (I might be mis-remembering).
You're a giant baby about threads.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Did Benoit and Batista ever have a match?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
We should all come to the consensus that this is the correct definition:

MassRayPer posted:

X-Pac Heat: The sensation or sensations Chyna experienced during sexual intercourse with Sean Waltman.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Didn't Shawn Michaels use it against John Cena at Wrestlemania a couple years ago?
After that sometime Tommy Dreamer did one to RVD, recreating the original rubber neck spot.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Here's a lesser known match from 2002 for the Undisputed Championship. Randy was still doing his blue chipper gimmick.
Someone gif Orton's overdrive on Taker please (roughly 8 minute mark).

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Graic posted:

How could anyone forget The Boogeyman
I will never forget the Boogeyman. :patriot:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chilly McFreeze posted:

DX has probably made WWE far more money this time than they did 10 years ago.
With more viewers then than now, how do you figure? Because there's a lot more merch now/easier access?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Have they ever explained the kayfabe reason why wrestlers get certain music? Like "Hogan felt this music explained him perfectly" or something much better written.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chilly McFreeze posted:

This reminds me of Flair's last couple years in WWE, when he hit the move off the top rope about 10 matches in a row yet people were astonished every time.
That's not true at all and you know it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Pneub posted:

Is Cena anywhere near as strong as Mark Henry?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcwR7eA-VOY

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Free Market Gravy posted:

but unless you're a big gay baby
Matt Hardy.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

Does CM Punk still own the rights to his name, or did he sign it away to the WWE when he signed?
It's now property of the WWE.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I'm almost entirely positive I have heard the opposite.
I thought someone looked up the rights and it was in the WWE's name? Oh well!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

WeaselWeaz posted:

Maybe someday I'll get the respect I deserve by winning poster of the year. Or at least coming in second to Banjo.
I voted for you last year :shobon:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

WeaselWeaz posted:

Did Tommy Dreamer ever get a serious push on Raw or Smackdown? I was thinking about this, and I recall him having the hardcore title for a bit but that was it. I think he was even used as just a guy in the background in the Alliance.
I dunno if this was a push, but he was very visible for a few weeks/months on RAW as "guy who does gross things."

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
What's BJ Whitmer doing?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

WeaselWeaz posted:

No, he's a get-your-career-hosed-by-Rey kind of guy.
If Rey hates him then he's clearly not very good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Human Tornado is awesome, is there a reason why either WWE or TNA hasn't scooped him up?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That would explain WWE, but not TNA.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Minidust posted:

In a way, I'd put it in the same category as the "steal the opponent's finisher" spot - it's not a spot that's used very much, but it gets a real "OHHHH no he didn't!" reaction any time it happens.
By the way, this doesn't happen nearly enough anymore. Well, it shouldn't, but it's still a super cool spot.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

GOP posted:

Steiner once told a story about Vince asking him to take a steroid test, Steiner said "Sure, if you and Hunter come with me." There was never another mention of Steiner taking a steroid test, but, alas he didn't last long within the WWE.
Let's never bring up this story again.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Salt In The Wound posted:

Has the Abraham Washington show been on any brand since NXT replaced ECW?
Nope.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm super late on this, but I just read Human Tornado retired. Why? :(

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
A discussion in the spoilers thread reminded me of a question I asked a looooooooooooong time ago that nobody really had an answer to, so I'll try it again now:

What is the best Kane match?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

quote:

Chris Jericho
Low: Echoing his internet tantrum because some people didn't think Jericho vs. RVD was God's gift to wrestling. That poo poo was embarrassing.
What was this about?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Was Rey Misterio, Sr. any good?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I can't tell the difference between a good move and a bad move. I don't understand wrestling. So can someone explain what is a good powerbomb and a bad powerbomb?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I know when something's botched. I guess what I mean, specifically, is people cite Vader and early-Nash as good powerbombs and Batista and late-Nash as bad powerbombs. I don't see the difference. :gonk:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I am getting a better idea of it all now, thanks!

Also: who is the opposite of Stan Hansen re: lariats?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

Amen. It's at about 7:50.
Oh my!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Last Royal Rumble had Sheamus (c) vs Orton. People were cheering Orton but Orton was still with legacy until Wrestlemania.
That was when they started to turn Orton.

Or: THAT'S WHEN LEGACY WAS SUPPOSED TO TURN FACE BUT WWE WRITERS ARE TOO STUPID.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Endorph posted:

No one's ever said that in the history of forever
I really hope one of the many people that say this argue my point so you can see how wrong you are.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

El Axo Grande posted:

Who would you root for? The crazy viper with the second most over move in the WWE, or Bubba and Dicksuck the Neverwin twins.
If that was their names I'd probably cheer for Bubba and Dicksuck.

Wait who's Dicksuck in this scenario?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I loved BikerTaker but I always hated when he said poo poo like this:

CobiWann posted:

"I may not dress like it anymore, but I'm still down with the Devil and I will go mideval(sp) on your rear end."

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Captain Charisma posted:

It's the people who make Vince work for it and chase harder that get rewarded (Jericho, Goldberg, Hogan x2)
Maybe I am misremembering but Jericho's book made it seem like he signed as soon as they flew him in. Is that not how it happened?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

jeffersonlives posted:

Pretty sure he's talking about Jericho in the mid-aughts and not Jericho in the late-90s.
Oh, that makes sense.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Pneub posted:

Mike Adamle as GM was at least kinda funny.
Adamle owned and people who hated him didn't own.

If you hated Adamle you were a regular Jeff Harvey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Hockles posted:

Has he ever wrestled as a face?
Kinda!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xh2WR735h8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvq3cJOsNA