Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What is Bard Maddox's avatar from? It looks like Dean Ambrose and a midget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hogan turning was such a tightly-kept secret that they didn't even let the announce team know it was happening, so I would be surprised if there was much talk about it being Hogan beforehand.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It probably helped to throw people off that they had other people prepared to turn if Hogan backed out at the last second, since there was a very real possibility he might do that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

What is the kayfabe reason for storing kendo sticks under the wrestling ring? Is there one?

Better to keep dangerous weapons under the ring than in a desk drawer or beneath a mattress, where a kid could find it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Luigi Thirty posted:

What's the most successful Hulk Hogan business venture?

Including meat shoes, or not?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LvK posted:

That tiger was one of Steiner's freaks. They had know way of knowing just what Steiner meant when he said he wanted to have one of his freaks in the ring.

As opposed to knowing what Big Poppa Pump the Big Bad Booty Daddy Scott Steiner means when he says anything else?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They still occasionally say "Titantron." It's also used in the video games to refer to entrance videos (as opposed to the smaller thing you walk out in front of, which they call the Mini-tron).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

It could be if you are a Diva!

Uh that's no mere DDT, it's called girlbye.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hockles posted:

What about the era before the streak began?

That was the primordial ooze from which the Streak arose

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sionistic posted:

I remember them calling that other Show finisher The Final Cut.

I thought that was when he put them in a dragon sleeper and dropped an elbow on their chest?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

crackage posted:

I can't remember a live performance I haven't enjoyed. I even liked Randys at WM30.

The D-X band at WM14? It makes Randy's live intro look like a masterpiece.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

On the long odds that you do find Ambrose, can you give him a copy of my novel where the Shield has to fight ghosts so they take jobs with the Ghostbusters to learn the tricks of the ghost-fighting trade? He won't think its weird at all.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

a retard posted:

Couldn't you just ask him on Twitter or some poo poo?

Have you seen Ambrose's twitter?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I Before E posted:

Scott Steiner/Goldberg from Fall Brawl 2000 is probably the last good non-cruiser WCW match, and also Goldberg's best match.

It's also responsible for one of Scott Steiner's best promos of all time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CombineThresher posted:

No no leave Renee Young and Regal on NXT so I can listen to them flirt with each other on commentary without Vince ruining it. Those two are adorable.

But if she moves to Raw then we'll see more of her explosive sexual chemistry with the Titty Master whenever he stops in to do color.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

bartok posted:

What is the dumbest wrestling move in terms of kayfabe?
I think it is Cactus Jack's diving sunset flip to the outside of the ring. It always seemed pointless to slam yourself onto the concrete for a pinning attempt that hurts your opponent roughly the same as a regular sunset flip and in most cases can't be counted for a pinfall. An honorable mention goes to the Blockbuster because even though it looks impressive it also looks like you are helping your opponent give you a vertical suplex.

Saying that Mick Foley does a move that hurts him more than you misses the point that it still hurts you, and he is immune to pain.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

bartok posted:

I always thought that RVD hit the sweet spot of selling that the Five Star Frog Splash hurt him and going for a pin. The other end of the spectrum is how Eddie Guerrero would immediately go for the cover after the Frog Splash connected.

I always mentally interpreted that as RVD not knowing how to land and Eddie Guererro being a much better wrestler than him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

HogX posted:

I sort of remember someone talking about why Ziggler doesn't really get pushed. What was it that happened again? I love the Zigster :(

He's seen as injury-prone and it makes creative nervous.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Der-Wreck posted:

I always hear about this dang thing and I cannot wrap my head around it ... a fanfic that has been going on 10 years?! WHAT THE HELL?!

It's mostly just Y2J cucking HHH.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Judging by things he has said on Austin and Jericho's shows, it might be because he is, by all indications, very happy doing what he is doing right now and wants to stick to that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Around the time of the first Wrestlemania and its follow-ups Albano was a face.

If i recall he was turned face after appearing in that Goonies music video, right?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So basically, they're heels for pointing out that the audience is racist.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ghostpilot posted:

Has there been an WWE/F PPV that Vince McMahon has regarded as bad?

Over the Edge.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, Goldust benefits greatly from the fact that he was on a shitload of drugs during his 90s Goldust run. He is in fact in better shape mentally and physically than he was in his theoretical prime.

Imagine if he was clean in his 20s. Imagine how he would have moved.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

http://youtu.be/bPGvmUYuWqY

The best Titantron because it's basically what a 7 year old would describe if you asked him what two criminals did all day.

It was a sad year when this was no longer in the WWE games.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TL posted:

Was that the one where they did the A-Team music video?

That video was pretty incredible.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So did nobody mention ROB VAN DAM because it's just accepted it's the worst and everyone else is second place? I actually think the first verse is something I hate more than the chorus.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cardboard Box posted:

I think the Portland Wrestling library might be owned by Don Coss who is still promoting local shows under that name to this day but I can't be certain

The current Portland Wrestling show (currently on at midnight Saturday on KPTV) actually plays old matches from the 70s and 80s when they go to intermission before the main event.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

magnum_valentino posted:

Who else was still around at that stage that could have made it feel like a worthy Wrestlemania headliner?

Well, they could have just had the Rock wrestle John Cena.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Perfidus posted:

Has Steen done the package piledriver in nxt? And if not what has he been using instead?

A pop-up powerbomb. Looks pretty awesome.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Smoking Crow posted:

Besides Russo in WCW and CM Punk's pipebomb, have there been any prominent worked shoots in the big companies? (non-TNA lol)

Are you forgetting the famous "Horace... HOGAN!"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ghostpilot posted:

Somewhat related, I was listening to a Bryan and Vinnie recap and one of the things mentioned was the endurance of Bob Backlund and Angelo Poffo. Ric Flair is known for his conditioning as well, but who else is up in regards to their endurance in a match?

Oddly congruent to the post above yours, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels both prided themselves on their stamina.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sting is like when a kid sees a movie and then they get this REALLY great idea for a character in [game where you can make your own character] and it's totally different than the movie, you guys.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Please tell me how to get Pikablu

Play Hey You! Pikachu
Wait till Squirtle shows up
Yell "gently caress THE BLUE THING" into your mic
Wait two days.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Much like other messiah figures, he speaks in the mythical All-Tongue, the root of all language which can be understood by all speakers regardless of origin.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The_Master posted:

Weird question, but have they ever mentioned in storyline what wrestlers kayfabe do during the week between shows? Always seemed like a weird Universe where nothing happens to anyone either personally or professionally except between the hours of 9-11 on a Monday.

Isn't this the premise of the JBL & Renee show?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They better get Val Venis to induct him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Why was he "The One"?

I get why Jeff Jarrett was the Chosen One and had the stroke because he was given world title after world title by the writers. But Billy Gunn never got any world titles. How was he "The One"? What was that about?

I think that was after he won King of the Ring 99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Either that one, or the Katie Vick promo where HHH lays out how Kane murdered a girl. Not the video evidence though because that poo poo was hilarious.