Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

What can you guys tell me about the Shockmaster? Who thought it was a good idea to put a guy in a bedazzled Stormtrooper mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Who thought it was a good idea to have Bob Orton, who has Hep C, bleed all over The Undertaker in a match?

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why did bookers keep hiring Abdullah the Butcher? From what I know, he's a lovely wrestler that can't cut promos and is bad in the ring. I can sort of understand booking him now since he's a legend, but how did he get that status? Is it just because he would blade every match?

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is there anyone better at promoting his own merch than Cena?

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Memento posted:

Yeah, this comes up every now and then in the Carnies, Racists and Perverts thread: why do we not have a "Good guys and gals of wrestling" thread? It's because once you say that Mick Foley, Mean Gene and Molly Holly are all good people, you really run out of steam. They're few and far between

Daniel Bryan is a really good guy.

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

I recently watched the Ultimate Warrior's match at Wrestlemania 6 and it was loving terrible.

Has he actually wrestled a good match or is that the pinnacle?

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

You guys are lucky, I grew up with War Zone and my parents wouldn't buy me more wrestling games because they didn't like the language. (Thanks Stone Cold!)

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

THE GAYEST APPAREL posted:

Here's a pic of him

It's not really a fedora though.

You can't tell me that's not Rick Ross.

Also, does he have a weed leaf on his hand

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Justin Godscock posted:

Not sure about legality (American election laws are not my forte) but it is shady and scumbag as hell because it was "Help Linda's campaign!" but without actually telling people that because it was framed as "The media is trashing WWE so tell them to stop!". It was part of WWE's intention to distance themselves from Linda's campaign by having their fans indirectly stop the association.

Carnies bend laws to get more money out of their customers? I can't believe it

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

britishbornandbread posted:

I am probably in the minority but I disagree. The Mankind character of 96/97 never really interested me. But I was 9/10 years old so maybe that ties in to that. The whole crazed mutilator gimmick never enthralled me and I don't really recall any amazing matches unless I am missing something in the sea of poo poo that was 1996 WWF.

The Shawn match at that IYR was ok I seem to recall.

Sorry if this is awfully contrarian - I suppose I've never 'got' Mick Foley.

EDIT: thinking about it I think the million and one Taker matches may have bored me a bit. Even into 1997 they were still trotting that match out before Foley's face turn. I think Mick mentions in his first book how he and Taker were concerned going into KOTR98 because saturation

I feel the same way, but it's probably because I was a huge Cactus Jack fan. I saw Mankind and was like, "Why are they doing this to a guy I like?"

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

I Before E posted:

I want to assume it was Mean Gene reading long books.

I would pay to have Mean Gene read me Dickens

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

What's Sandman up to these days? I heard Tommy Dreamer on Austin's podcast saying that Sandman is doing a lot better, and I want to check in on my favorite train wreck.

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

projecthalaxy posted:

You'd probably be a douche too if you were condemned to wake up every day and be Billy Gunn.

Do not slander the good name of Mr. Bad A-double poisonous serpents.

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ultragonk posted:

Been watching a bit of Botchamania and does everyone have that one botch that just makes them wince and turn away because it was such a bad one?

I just think of the Sid Vicious drop where his leg looks like it's made of rubber.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at Sep 11, 2014 around 00:00

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And there is no way the WWE medical team will ever clear him to do anything more than cut a promo in the middle of the ring.

He could show up at Wrestlemania and put Rusev in the ankle lock or whatever

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Flameingblack posted:

Nah, they interfere in each other's matches all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRClRfv4HE

DX did that all the time and they were faces

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

omgomgomg posted:

What do ECW fans watch nowadays?

Czw

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Whose films would you rather watch, the Miz or Val Venis

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2014 around 04:55

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, they're really doing very cartoony characters on NXT which really don't translate to the WWE main roster very well. Some can be tweaked a bit, but I don't really think Simon Gotch will ever get over as anything other than comedy jobber. Aiden English *might* but I'm not really convinced.

Yes because Goldust and Stardust are totally realistic characters

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cardboard Box posted:

i mean also adam rose sucks

Don't be a lemon

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

HogX posted:

So who came up with NXT? It's a really good idea that's been done really well, i'm interested in how it got started, it's fantastic.

Probably Triple H

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

If Bray Wyatt wants to start a giant cult why does he wrestle instead of proselytize

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

I mean undertaker wrestling makes sense because Paul Bearer called him up from the dead to wrestle for Ted DiBiasi and this is all he knows but Bray has done stuff not related to wrestling

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

sleepingbuddha posted:

Ha! Kendo sticks are stupid wrestling weapons anyways.

I hope Sandman fucks your back up and pours beer on you

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

sleepingbuddha posted:

I would prefer a stunner, followed by beer being poured on me.

Next question, what was the appeal of Sandman? I never liked him (and I started watching ECW in 1996). I guess I always thought Zubaz pants looked dumb as poo poo, even when they were somewhat cool.

He's loving great. He used kendo sticks, he drank like a fish, he had a voice like gravel in a blender. Everything you need to know about Sandman is in that loving entrance. He's like Austin if Austin was really hardcore

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Don't piss me off.

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ric Flair is wrestling. Curt Hennig is wrestling. Shawn Michaels is wrestling.

The Sandman is wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qBtOHkBm1A#t=120s

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

CombineThresher posted:

Sandman was like Dick the Bruiser or the Crusher - a guy that blue-collar fans immediately understood and liked because he was believable.

Sandman reminded me of the guys my dad used to hire in his appliance repair business, beer drinking, chain smoking, intimidating, possibly on parole

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is CM Punk still straight edge or did he break his vow

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Like, I've heard reports that he was drinking beers and that made me sad

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yuriy posted:

why

did you know that it's possible to drink beer without being an alcoholic?!

You can't drink beer and be straight edge though

Like, I'd be disappointed and sad if I met Undertaker on the street and he didn't act dead and mysterious

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at Sep 22, 2014 around 05:04

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Are you talking about that photo from February of him with his sister holding a beer near him?

It was a super punk friend who called him a poser and I wanted some confirmation

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shine posted:

Did that commentator really say "I'm a heel at heart?" Does he also comment on how well they're "selling spots" and announce that the winner "went over clean?"

This is your smart mark future

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Liar Lyre posted:

I want to watch a PPV on the Network. A bad one. Not just boring bad, I want something that is hilariously "what the gently caress did I just watch" bad. Suggestions?

If you can find it, watch Mayhem in Manchester.

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Where does the word jabroni come from? I know what it means, I use it but I have no idea where it comes from.

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember this one vividly because he tried it on Regal during his lumberjack phase. When Regal chose the hoes, Godfather was disappointed about not getting to wrestle, so he said "England ain't nothin' but a place fulla fags" and set Regal off.

Ah, the Attitude era.

It's ok if Regal didn't get really strung out at the end of the gimmick, it would have been revealed that he was gay and compensating by being a lumberjack

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why doesn't Randy Orton go to the doctor if he has voices in his head???

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is there any way to watch wrestling from the 60s like Bruno Sanmartino, The Sheik and Stu Hart? Are Bruno's matches on WWE Network or is it somewhere else?

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

Halloween Jack posted:

Kane first appeared as Isaac Yankem earlier that year, and HHH debuted a couple months before Kane.

holy poo poo i did not know that that was kane

my mind is loving blown right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*laughs at u*

How has Jimmy Hart aged so well?

«18 »