Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Arm across the carotid is okay, arm across the throat is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They also kind of made an angle out of the sleeper thing when Taz debuted in WWE, since he'd been using the Tazmission choke in ECW, where you couldn't really be DQed for anything short of shooting your opponent with a .357.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Tajiri: *Japanese rambling*

Austin: You're a wise man, Tie-jiri.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Buff strikes me as the kind of guy anyone reasonable would want to slap after five minutes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

So what kind of wrestling did this Scott Keith guy like? Or did he just not like anything?

Uh, well, he really liked Benoit.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Mandible Claw is an awesome move, if only for explaining how it works to your dumb cousin.

"Why doesn't the other guy just bite his finger?"

"There's a pressure point under your tongue that locks up your jaw if you press it. Go ahead, try."

*Cousin jams fingers in his own mouth*

"*Snicker*"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I find it kind of funny that none of those guys barring Cena are really around anymore.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember that too, which made it *really* funny that one time Michaels came out in his white Undertaker suit during their feud.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And then poor Joey Mercury had his face exploded by a ladder.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ian is the terrible one. I've never heard anything overly bad about Axl.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'll hear no Hercules bashing. Power and Glory was the poo poo. Made Paul Roma entertaining, of all people, and that's nutty.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And I'm guessing this was where Gorilla Monsoon's "This guy studied at the Terry Garvin school of self defense" joke came from.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

poo poo, I used to tune into Nitro *just* to see Blitzkrieg. That dude was insane.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Goldust in general was pretty much Attitude era stuff before it was thought of. Out of nowhere, you had this crossdresser humping people's faces and molesting Razor Ramon.

Really, in hindsight, he put an end to the New Generation stuff by stomping Razor in that feud.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The only one now is Ricardo, which probably does a lot to explain why he's so awesome.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The big thing for us dumb kids to do to each other in school was the Dreaded Crossface Chickenwing. It was so very easy to sneak onto the unsuspecting and hurt like a bitch.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On certain kicks, like the one to Cena's dad, he looked like he was making his best effort to kick straight through the other person's head like he was Kenshiro or some poo poo.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

For most, getting their foot that high would be an adventure.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Now Big Show is more interesting, as he's a 500 pound dude *with* some degree of boxing training.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I thought his team with Truth was pretty great, but it lasted like a month, Rock steamrolled both of them, Truth got injured and Miz turned on him, so yeah.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The best part of Attitude was the voiceovers from everyone, even people who never ever spoke in the actual context of WWE. "KURGAN ALWAYS WINS!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They acknowledge Sandow being trained by Killer Kowalski.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Was Snitsky the one that had a gimmick where he'd describe how he was hurting people in medical terms? Because that should have been good.

That was Mike Knox, for like a month span before he was fired.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That one almost seemed like more of an accident. It was during a match, she lost her top, and...um, she was ridiculously big.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There's that cage match with Lex Luger where he made Lex flee the cage in terror.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember a show I was at where Edge took about 10 minutes to get to the ring to face Batista, as he was wandering the crowd individually ripping up any and all signs that said anything negative about him. That was fun.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember Triple H saying everyone calls him "Hunter" including his wife, so as far as he's concerned, that's his name.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mainly remember Hak's run because of Chastity. And that makes me think of New Jack's story about her. "Chasssssstity."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

1995-1996, probably. 96 had pre-WCW Mysterio, Psychosis and Eddie Guerrero tearing it up and that amazing match where Terry Gordy came back from the dead to fight Raven.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Roooooooooollerjaaaaaaaaaaam!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

As I recall, JR called it as a 'Tombstone' even after it clearly wasn't, so that's probably what was planned.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So this may be a dumb question, but if a masked wrestler has to travel through an airport or somesuch, how do they manage it? Go through unmasked? I can't imagine TSA humoring anyone going through security wearing a mask nowadays, no matter how much you tried to say you're a Mexican wrestler and it's tradition.

I also remember stories of Boogeyman going around wearing a skimask, which I also can't see working well.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Kama did just that and had it melted into a necklace. No idea how Taker got it back after that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I seem to remember Punk saying at one point that they told him "Go say whatever, we'll cut you off when you go too far". But it is Punk, so.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I dunno, the whole deal with Edge beating the crap out of Kennedy, Kennedy dragging himself to the ring half-dead and demanding the match start anyway, only for Edge to beat him in one move made Kennedy look like the gutsiest guy on Earth. If also the dumbest.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, those ice cream bars were awesome. For wrestler gimmick ice cream of all things, you wouldn't think they'd turn out something of that quality.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not quite the same thing, but Yokozuna's slow drag over to the corner for the Banzai Drop was awesome for getting the audience to gasp in horror. This man was about to die.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, did Shawn *ever* hit the superkick when he set it up with foot stomping? It seems that would always be the cue for someone to duck it, and then he'd usually hit it on a second attempt.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That and bonking Undertaker out of the Last Ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I guess with something like the title it's a little more. It'd be more akin to someone winning the Lifetime Achievement Award, then at the last second the Academy has Justin Bieber jump on stage to take your trophy and yell how 98 Degrees was the best of all time.