Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Orndorff had some good matches later on in WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Cene as Surfer Sting.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

It's not obscure, but 'Taker's Ministry of Darkness theme was by far his best theme.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

remusclaw posted:

What is your fave Undertaker look. By far my favorite is the 96-97 look, before starting the Ministry. Probably with the teardrop painted on his face.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Has anybody else noticed how much more of a redneck Austin looks like with hair?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Remember Arn's spinebuster on the Undertaker?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

I always enjoyed the story of Undertaker standing at the entryway double dog daring Shawn to try anything funny as far as the finish went

What was 'Taker's quote? Something like "I let him know if he didn't go out there and drop it, he was going to have a long night."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Cavauro posted:

the quote was, "kentucky fried chicken changed the name to just kfc because they're not legally allowed to advertise the food as chicken anymore"

I haven't heard that bullshit in years.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

I liked Goldberg's mini-run with Brock.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Thauros posted:

I had no idea about any Kawalimus outside of the SA poster (who presumably is unrelated outside of using the reference), so I just googled it and holy poo poo...

In my hometown.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

You might think "feuding over gas exhausts is a stupid thing" but believe me if there's one group of people who know how to use gas efficiently it's the Germans.

Holy poo poo.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Writer Cath posted:

Jeff Jarrett beat up a children's MMA class.

One of the best skits in wrestling history,

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

ShootaBoy posted:

Which Battle Royal is this?

WM X-7, Gimmick Battle Royal

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

They have to have their passing of the torch thing from Cena to Reigns.
You'd think they'd just do it face/face. But there is currently no hope of Reigns getting cheered in that situation.
So turn Cena heel so Reigns will get cheered as the face.
This might actually turn out to be worse for them.
(Gods I hope so. The only pleasure I can derive from that company anymore is watching them fall on their faces from the sidelines)

How lovely are we talking here?
Somehow this makes perfect sense to me. Take care of a fallen wrestler's widow. Pay her peanuts. Sincerely pat yourself of the back for a good deed done.
I'm not completely convinced that McMahon and Trump weren't actually separated at birth by a voodoo ritual to split their soul into a good and evil body except their body had no good in it to begin with so we just wound up with this.

Face Reigns would get booed out of the building against a newly turned Cena, I bet.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

I like Waltman.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So uh I'm watching the July 5, 93 Raw and the curtain-jerker was X-Pac (as 123 Kid) vs Blake Beverly

And it was actually loving great, like X-Pac genuinely impressed the living hell out of me with his moveset and sold Beverly's offense incredibly well. He honestly pretty much stole the show on this card and that's loving shocking for who I'm talking about. He was over as hell, too, with the crowd basically losing their poo poo for him, which kind of astounded me.

What happened to him? Did he just peak really early?

Huh? Waltman has always been really, really good, people just hate on him. I've always enjoyed his work. He's also pretty good on the Stone Cold podcast.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

My favorite Jarret family story is Christine Jarrett being friend's with Cornette's mom, and him waking up sometimes and coming into the kitchen and finding her snapping peas.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

I love Bossman. That man brought being a heel to unseen heights.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

By Jake's account Grizzly never told any of them wrestling was fake and all the kids grew up traumatized at dad coming home with gruesome kayfabe injuries, so yeah

And that wouldn't even make the top 20 ways he was just terrible.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

This is exactly it.

At the height of the Carolinas one of the newspapers in the area did a poll on whether or not fans thought wrestling was real. 97% responded it was fake. People were leery of works in the 1850s and 60s and knew drat well it was fake in the 20s and 30s.

The best part was Ole Anderson predicted like 99 percent would say it was real.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do you buy Jake's story though? I mean, Grizzly is enough of an rear end in a top hat to keep his family in the dark from everything I've heard about the guy, but it almost seems too much.

The one about Grizzly not smartening up his family, I mean. Not the ref story, that's nonsense.

Nah, there's a lot of stories about wrestlers not smartening up their families. Terry said Dory, Sr. didn't smarten him and Dory Jr until real late.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

This is fun because everyone is clearly getting a kick out of it, including Miz who has to kind of take a moment to hide his smile and turn it into his usual good heeling. But the second those chants are audible Stephanie has the look of pure disgust and contempt on her face for the voice and will of the people. Truly a McMahon.

I love Mark Henry raising Bryan's hand then just looking at Trips like "What?"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

I used the Screwdriver or Burning Hammer.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Kennedy was just really bad. (Also one of the few people to make Vince's "do not call" list, according to Chico)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Who is Chico, and can you provide more details about this list? Id love to know who is blacklisted.

Chico is Bryan Alavarez, and I don't know who else is on it. The Macho Man, obviously, before he died.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

Forgetting his proper name is Super Chico, smh

I am undone

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

I loving love Ghostbusters 2.

Same.

I like it as much as the first one, even.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Son of Man posted:

I saw a steve Austin shoot interview where he said that the stone cold character was based on a serial killer. does anyone know the story here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Natural Born Thrillers in Manilla

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Dexie posted:

So, I'm watching Ivory's induction into the Hall of Fame. Two quick questions for y'all.

1) Obviously she's had the best career of anyone from the promotion, but did anyone else from GLOW have a career of note or worth talking about?

2) What would y'all consider Ivory's best/standout matches to be?

Didn't she have a really good match with Molly Holly on some random Raw? In like 2000, I believe.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

So... are they finally giving up on Roman?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

I wish Roman would just go away at this point.

Since that's not likely, he needs a heel turn. (also not likely)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Beyond him being a hard worker, locker room leader and great wrestler?

He's not great. He's average at best.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

remusclaw posted:

My guess is the WWE's locker room leaders are a mixture of whoever is actually respected by the people in back and people who Vince likes and wont punish when they make arbitrary decisions and bully people.

Probably also people who stand up for themselves. (to a certain extent)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

checksin posted:

Roman is a really good wrestler who I dont really want to watch wrestle

Is he the only babyface to lose twice in the main event of Wrestelemania?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Venomous posted:

I thought we went over this, the vest is necessary to hide his shameful back.

Anyway, Roman is a good top (de facto) heel and Strowman is a good top (de facto) babyface and both of them draw money and both of them are good now. Roman in particular has been involved in multiple MOTY candidates over the past five and a half years, and hes easily the best solo wrestler out of the Shield. Hes a genuinely good wrestler and he doesnt deserve half the poo poo that gets said about him, and frankly he has every right to deliver heel promos and act like a top heel when the crowds are that poo poo to him. He doesnt need to turn heel if he already is one.

Strowman took a while to find his edge, but I do agree that his matches against Roman made him look like a star. Since then hes been good at his role as Big Guy Whos Not Finished With You, and hes a face with the crowd by the sheer virtue of not being Roman Reigns. I dont see him being Universal Champion for a while now, definitely not before Reigns and (hopefully) Ambrose, but if he can keep doing what hes doing and doing it well, hell be absolutely fine.

He's the worst in-ring worker out of the Shield, and it's not even loving close.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

Legit question, what do you get out of Roman? Like, I don't hate the dude but I don't get the appeal. Like, he was cool in the shield and has been a big meh to me for years. What is it that a Roman fan loves about him?

All four moves he can do? His poor selling and facials?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Walrus Pete posted:

I know a lot of people don't like Dean's weird flailing offense and that's fair but lmao my dude Roman Reigns still only has two to four moves and isn't even good at doing them.

Yet people act like he's the spawn of Angle and HBK in this thread.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

Also one of the few things Vince has ever admitted to being mistaken about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

ecavalli posted:

It's not much of a question, but Bruno Sammartino has died: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43816239

«6 »