Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
So is Beth Phoenix actually pregnant or not because I have no idea anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

On top of that, if something crazy happened, like Batista died of a drug OD, and it came out that they hid a Wellness Violation, Vince would be skewered more than he ever had been in the past. It really isn't worth it for them to hide a violation.

It's true. That's why they just don't bother testing Triple H, Batista and Cena.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Someone posted before that residents of Connecticut are not allowed by law to be drug tested for a job or something, I don't know if thats true or why if it is true, other people wouldn't declare residency in that state or what, but someone said that once.

It is false. I live in Connecticut and I've been drug tested a bunch of times.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I love this story because Steiner thinks it makes him sound like a loving genius and a hero when what it essentially says is,"Yeah I was cheating like gently caress and practically breathing steroids with every breath and sleeping in a big pool of liquid steroids and having sex with steroids but I found a way to get away with being a big loving cheating gently caress!"

Well, it was at the very least an effective way of illustrating a double standard.

Although was WWE even doing drug tests in 03-04? Cause that was pre-wellness.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Writer Cath posted:

Kelly Kelly isn't terrific either: Miz, Balls Mahoney, Knox...

Don't forget Randy Orton!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Kayfabe wise? Grody was right when he said Sunny - she was passed around by all of the tag teams.

Actually she was just following the tag belts.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

That angle was awesome because whenever Earl shoved Triple H back he had a look in his eyes that said "I HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS"

Not necessarily because it was Triple H but because kayfabewise referees are a very abused people.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Justice Grieves posted:

Was Papa Shango really recast as the Godfather?

Not immediately. He was Papa Shango, then he went away for a while and came back as Kama the Supreme Fighting Machine, joined the Nation of Domination and then at some point after that they started calling him the Godfather and he gradually became a pimp. How one gradually becomes a pimp I have no idea but there we are.

I may have left some stuff out but whatever.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

grody but still def posted:

why

davesecx likes looking at women, where the hell have you been

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

OK here's something I've been thinking about, and this might actually deserve its own thread, but whatever. What wrestlers who aren't in the Hall of Fame already should be, and who would you pick to induct them?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

weekly font posted:

I think Ted DiBiase is the biggest one right now. And his son, of course, should induct.

Yeah, he, Owen, and Savage are the big ones for me. Owen would be a tough one because Bret probably wouldn't show up and Martha DEFINITELY wouldn't show up so I don't know who would induct or who would accept on his behalf, but if I had to pick I would say get the Hart Dynasty to do both.

Savage won't happen for a good long time, if ever, but if it does happen I think he should be inducted by either Ricky Steamboat or Ric Flair.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Why wouldn't Bret show up? Bret showed up for his own induction.

I dunno, I always got the impression that it took a lot to get Bret to show up for his induction, and more to the point I think that Owen's death is still one of the big sore spots in Bret's relationship with Vince McMahon.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

He had a ***** match (Observer rating) in the main event of SummerSlam. Owen was an occasional main eventer from 1994 until his death and one of the best workers of the era.

Plus he ended Steve Austin's career from BEYOND THE GRAVE

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I just realized that Arn Anderson isn't in the Hall of Fame and although he's not at the top of my list, he should definitely be in there soon. And if he's not inducted by Flair then gently caress everything.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Oasx posted:

I am pretty sure that Bret has said that he would show up if Owen and/or Stu got inducted. Him and Vince actually have a fine relationship these days, I dont think either would mind working together if things lined up

Actually, come to think of it I seem to remember him saying something like that too, so nevermind. I dunno I guess ever since reading his book my policy has been "when in doubt, always assume that Bret Hart is batshit insane"

Plus supposedly he said he wouldn't show up for his own induction if Shawn Michaels was gonna be there or something.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

tzirean posted:

Shawn had hoped to get a chance to talk to Bret to apologize and hopefully clear the air even a little bit between them. Bret said if he saw Shawn at all that weekend, he'd skip the induction, and if he saw Shawn during the induction he'd walk off the stage. Shawn told Vince that if that was the case, he was fine just leaving the room during the induction before Bret's.

Shawn Michaels: Being the bigger man since 2002

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Captain Charisma posted:

Yes, "criminally negligent homicide" is no longer homicide, folks! You heard it first, from Honeymoon, who I assume has an "in" on the Supreme Court!

Yes and that's why Vince McMahon is serving a life in prison sentence and oh no wait you're still retarded.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Plus, and this is kinda hosed up but, Brody's story kinda makes the business look sleazy.

Look I'm a progressive guy but "got stabbed in Puerto Rico" probably doesn't send the message Vince wants to send.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Axissillian posted:

I dunno Carlito is a heel right now

Yes, but Primo is a face.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

And as far as nostalgia goes, I think there really may be one dream match left that hasn't happened in 20 years: Steamboat vs Flair.

I don't know that you can call it a dream match when the two guys have wrestled each other roughly a thousand times over the course of their careers.

I mean, don't get me wrong if a Steamboat/Flair match happened tomorrow it would still be pretty good but I feel like it would just make people go "wow these guys sure did get old."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

weekly font posted:

It doesn't happen in WWE much because who the hell has sub finishers anymore? Not guys in dedicated tag teams.

Chris Jericho :colbert:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

ColeM posted:

That's what I hear, but what was the storyline? Details, please?

Basically, Triple H was feuding with Kane and so he (HHH) came out and told everyone that years ago Kane was at a party, drank too much, drove a girl home and ended up getting into a car accident and killing the girl. If memory serves Kane admitted that this part was true. But then Triple H went on to say that Kane had sex with the girl's dead body even providing footage of a dramatic re-enactment wherein Triple H, dressed as Kane, climbs into a coffin and has sex with a mannequin dressed as a cheerleader. The coup de grace comes when Triple H pulls a handful of spaghetti out of the coffin and says "Oh my God, I really did it! I screwed your brains out!"

The angle lasted all of about two weeks before they dropped it but it's still one of the most memorably awful WWE stories ever, especially when you realize that, according to Kane's entire backstory up to this point he had been institutionalized since childhood.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

OK this is kind of a weird one but here goes:

Why is it that when RVD does a frog splash he grabs his stomach and rolls around in pain? Is he just trying to make the move look dangerous, or does it legitimately hurt him so badly that he can't help it? And if so, what is he doing differently from Eddie and Chavo who just do the frog splash and stay on top of the guy for the pin?

It's a really inane question but it's something I was thinking about today.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I've actually been wondering about the specifics of stuff like that lately as well. Like, why do the Dudleys have to be called Team 3D now but Booker T is still Booker T etc?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

(and Jericho technically was an Alliance guy, since he turned).

What? Jericho never joined the Alliance.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

IFFFFF YA SMELLLLLLL was pretty good for interrupting promos.

Austin's glass breaking is still the best though.

The hugest reaction I've ever heard for any single sound was when the glass shattered when Austin ran in on the Rock/Mankind match where Mankind first won the title.

Holy loving poo poo pops like that don't happen anymore.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Was Andre the biggest person to get slammed? I mean the McGuires were 750, but no one was scoopslamming them.

Yokozuna got scoopslammed by Lex Luger and Ahmed Johnson.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

OK I feel like there was a wrestler who used The Final Countdown as his entrance theme at some point but who was it?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Umbra Dubium posted:

Really?

Bryan Danielson.

:doh:

Thank you.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Von Linus posted:

WHY NIGEL WHY?

This question kind of deserves its own thread.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

ultimateforce posted:

I am not Booker T.

Booker T robbed a Wendy's :colbert:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Correction, Booker robbed Wendy'ses, and the first one he robbed was the one he worked at!

AND HE WAS WEARING HIS UNIFORM WHEN HE DID IT!

a booker rob he own wendy's

a shameful booker

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

So I'm thinking about getting the 10th anniversary Best of Smackdown DVD. Is it worth it?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Warrior/Hogan was a technical miracle considering the ability of the two men involved. But yes, none of that matters because of the SPECTACLE BROTHER.

Also, Hogan kicks out right after the three count, presumably because he didn't want to put Warrior over TOO much.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

grody but still def posted:

the point of that three count was hogan took a chance with the leg drop, missed, and ultimate warrior just had a smidge more left in him than hogan. both dudes were taken to the limit. you have to remember that was the first time hogan had ever been cleanly pinned in the WWF since returning from AWA.

I guess but it still makes Warrior look kinda lame.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I sort of feel like the bit with Maven at the Royal Rumble a while back was intended as a comedy spot.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The second time when Maven thought he'd done it again was definitely played for comedy.

Holy crap I forgot about that but yes you're absolutely right.

And there are also times like the bit with Jericho at the Rumble but the comedy comes more from Jericho than Taker.

EXHIBIT A:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

quote:

Hornswoggle, a dwarf

leprechaun :mad:

Jack Krauser posted:

Was heel J.R. as bad as they say?

Yeah pretty much. Although there were some high points like JR telling off Vince and kicking Michael Cole in the nuts.

Is there a gif of Cole getting kicked in the nuts by JR cause there should be.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

I guess I can throw this here:

Are we doing a WH2K Secret Santa this year?

I'd probably be down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Wazzu posted:

Wasn't he pretty over in WCW without the mask? He was always going to have a mask with his lucha heritage, so it's a bit pointless to ask if he never had the mask.

I don't remember him being over at all once he took the mask off but I could be wrong because at that point no one in WCW was over.