Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the gorilla position? The latest Botchamania included a shoot with Gene Okerlund saying " nowVince was there in the gorilla position, anyone who is anyone knows aboutthe gorilla position :smugdog:... I wanna be cool too,..

I believe it's the spot right behind the entrance way where agents give the guys the last minute instructions before the match. It's named for Gorilla Monsoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Wazzu posted:

It's generaly agreed that it'sIcarus, although people think los ice creams are mike quackenbush and hallowicked, which still throws me.

One of the Ice Creams is definitely Quack , and it wouldn't surprise me if you were right about the other one. I honestly forget.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Late for the discussion of it, but this is fart juice:

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hardy is a main eventer. Khali shouldn't even be in the discussion. Kofi should be borderline at this point. I'd say Christian is borderline at this point too, unless you wanna count him out because he's on ECW.

I'd argue that TNA made Christian a main eventer. When he left WWE, he shot straight to the top of TNA (mainly because of their hardon for "FORMER WWE SUPERSTARS!") and on his return, was thrust into the ECW title picture.

I mean, you could argue that the ECW title still doesn't make you a main eventer, and I think that's a fair statement, but WWE really hasn't done a whole lot in building Christian up.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Hockles posted:

Wasn't he on his way there on his own? I remember hearing about the crowd being really behind him, but Vince didn't want to push him because of his size.

He was definitely on his way, sure, but if he had never left, he may still not have gotten a shot.

(It's been long enough that he'd probably have gotten his compulsory "company guy" shot as a belt pillow or something, but if Vince didn't want to push him, he probably wouldn't have gotten pushed.)