Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I've been watching the clips that Ken Anderson (Kennedy) has been posting onto youtube, and been wondering if they would have been suitable to a degree for when he was injured and still working for WWE. I've been getting a good chuckle out of them, but wonder if they would have been received as well if they were broadcast during a raw or something. Even if he was doing it when he wasn't injured. It doesn't seem to far out of character for him when he was with the WWE.

I realize that the WWE would most likely not air them at all, but if they were do you think they would have helped his character more than his terrible promo's he was doing to promote his movie Behind Enemy Lines 3 or whatever it was?

It should be noted that I was/am a Kennedy fan so perhaps I have a somewhat biased view of it.

For reference, here is his most recent one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBvLaSvhFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can someone explain a WCW moment to me.

Halloween Havoc, not sure what year, Hogan vs Sting(c). Firstly Hogan is meant to come out first, doesn't, then they announce Sting and he comes out, so they then have to once again announce Hogan, and finally he comes out, but not in his ring gear.

Hogan gets into the ring, has words with Sting and the ref, then lays down, and let's Sting pin him. Crowd boo's the hell out of it.

What the hell was that all about? Typical hogan BS? Typical WCW?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Not sure if this is more appropriate in another thread or not, but seeing as it's a question.....

I remember in the mid 90's here in Australia watching Wide World of Sports and they would show random wrestling matches once during the broadcast and have been trying to find the matches/source/story for a couple that stood out in my memory.

1. Undertaker vs I think Kamala. I remember this match for having a long entrance by possibly the UT (no surprise), and the match having a time limit. Towards the end of the match or possibly right at the end, Kamala (I think) just wails on the UT non stop and after he is done, the UT does his sit up thing and it freaks the other person out and they run off up the ramp.

2. This one I have no idea on who was wrestling, but I believe it might have been a boiler room brawl match, but what ever it was, it ended with one opponent having their feet tied and then strung upside down in a basement type area.

3. This wasn't a match, but a song that many wrestlers from that time did, I honestly have no recollection of it, outside of it involving Koko B Ware and that it had something to do with height or flying or jumping or something like that. The song was of various clips from matches etc.

Anyone have any ideas on any of these?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks for answering the questions guys, I can hunt down those 2 matches now.

As for the song I was talking about, it wasn't just Koko, I just remember him jumping from the turnbuckle, I'm pretty sure it contained all or most of the active roster at the time it was released. This is going to bug me until I can find it now.

Edit: It wasn't Land of 1000 Dancers

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 3, 2014

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Yeah that does sound right.

I'm not sure if it's Piledriver or not as I cannot find a video of it at the moment.

Edit: Well I just found a dodgy version of it, and I think that was the song... it has the right tone that I remember.

If you only knew - WWF Wrestlers

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 3, 2014

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Perfidus posted:

He hasn't been able to do the leg drop at least since 2009. That Aussie tour where he fought Ric Flair, I remember reading that it was notable because of the lack of leg drops.

That was made up for by CM Punk doing the whole Hogan hulk up, point, leg drop move in I think 2011 here in Australia. It was amazing!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ruthless Aggression did lead to Benoit having the term Toothless Aggression though...

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thauros posted:

IIRC "Cheese Souffle" was basically Youtube code for WWE around 2007 in an attempt to evade detection. I remember a bunch of those since the occasional youtube video alongside following news and results was the main way I was following WWE then since I didn't have cable, online streams either didn't exist or I hadn't discovered then, and I didn't care enough to pirate them.

Going back to this, Cheese Souffle was code for HHH. Due to the constant takedowns on youtube. No idea why it was associated with HHH though.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Smoking Crow posted:

Is CM Punk still straight edge or did he break his vow

When I met him during the Aus tour a year or two ago the bar that he was doing a Q&A in had to remove all their alcohol. So I guess he was at that stage.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Sadly I still remember Funk trying to climb the guard rail, or was it even just negotiating the arena steps when ECW was being relaunched during the RVD/Cena MITB contract signing....

Edit: Speaking of the ECW relaunch, Amish Roadkill appeared than disappeared as Vince had big plans or something for him. Did he ever reappear before he was released?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I always remember being very surprised with how good the match was between HBK and Khali on a random Raw or Smackdown.... so I guess HBK was able to get a good match out of him.

Edit: Found the match. Still think its a good match for Khali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjgAVC7zXSE

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 21, 2015

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Would Too Hot fall under that umbrella? Before they became Too Cool?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ahh, not sure where I got Too Hot from.... and cool, I didn't imagine it then.

Side topic question, who was the tag team that was responsible for killing off Byte This? What did they do again?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Maven was in the WWE for 4 years!?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I remembered last night how much enjoyment and surprise I got out of the gauntlet match on Raw that Daniel Bryan was thrown into. The one that started against Jack Swagger and then Cesaro. The Cesaro part to me seemed to come completely out of left field with how WWE allowed both of them to put an not just an amazing match but one that was allowed to run for a decent length as well.

Here is a link to the match in question on the network.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31352403/milestone/31358067

My question is, what are some other WWE/WCW matches that surprised everyone with little to no build that was broadcast on the weekly shows? I guess the Jeff Hardy/UT ladder match could be classed as that as well?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Is there a list or something out there that breaks down when wrestlers have quit / been future endeavored / repackaged or whatever from the WWF/E?

I ask because I'm doing he whole Raw Attitude era watch thru and I'm curious to see what happened to some wrestlers that are featured that just vanish.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I couldn't find what you were talking about but did find this, it's roles reversed.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Had Owen Hart not died, would he have likely ever been elevated to the main event and actually winning the title? I've working my way thru the attitude era, and JR made mention that he has held every title outside of the WWF/E title but he expected him to be challenging for it in the future.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Daniel Bryan had a gauntlet match on raw that started with Swagger, then Cesaro, then Ryback... the Cesaro part of that match was amazing. I'm pretty sure I linked it a ton of pages ago in this thread. But that was in July 2013.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

King of the Ring? I was watching it last night and whilst I didn't notice the sign as I wasnt paying a huge amount of attention, King made mention of it, saying it over the commentary.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Watching the attitude era raws on the network, and I'm up to the raw after King of the Ring. This has a three way match between HHH, Owen Hart and Ken Shamrock in a match called "The King of Kings match". Shamrock won this match so shouldn't he in fact be called the King of kings instead of HHH?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thinking back to when Eddie died and instead of really pushing Chavo they focused on Rey. Has there been any other instances of WWE/WCW etc doing anything similar. Where one person should really get a push, but instead they focus on someone else?

I guess another instance of what I'm trying to talk about would be where they tried to change the YES chants away from Bryan to Big Show.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

magnum_valentino posted:

Did Southern Justice not replace Tennessee Lee? Didn't think there was an overlap.

Certainly is.... Tennessee Lee is still around with JJ after KOTR 98 which is where I first noticed Southern Justice accompanying him to the ring.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

But but but...... release the kracken!!!! :can:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Before John Cena entered the WWE, or possibly just after, he appeared on some reality paintball hunter show and was called Big Tim (I think).

I caught one episode of it, and it was as good as it sounds.....

Edit: TV Show was called Manhunt (2001)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299349/

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 16, 2016

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

JJ question.... was it really him singing at the ppv with the other band/singers in 98?

There has been no follow up on it, at least not to what I've watched up to (Summer Slam 98), but I remember reading something about an angle where someone else was singing his songs, or was this a previous angle or another wrestler altogether?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Alaois posted:

That was the origin of Road Dogg. He was originally JJ's roadie, imaginatively named The Roadie, and JJ scored a big country single that it eventually came out was actually The Roadie singing. After JJ left WWF to go to WCW, The Roadie started teaming up with the Honky Tonk Man's protoge Rockabilly, aka Billy Gunn.

Thanks for that, I thought that was the case with Road Dogg.... So I am also to assume that it was actually JJ singing at whatever the hell PPV it was then.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

MrBling posted:

Dean Ambrose made me not want to watch his matches any more, because he has to do that loving "rebound off the middle rope into a jumping lariat" move ten times.

First time he can usually make it look ok, but it looks more and more forced especially because he tends to not hit the ropes cleanly or with enough force.

I know complaining about repetition in WWE matches is a bit stupid, but that particular move just pisses me off.

I'm with you on this... it just looks poo poo now.... It should only come out every now and then...not every drat time.... I know it's a signature spot but urgh....

Having said that though.... Kofi needs to bring back that crazy rebound off the ropes with his shoulders move he did when he first debuted!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just watched Raw 277 - 9/14/98, which had a 2 on 1 handicap match between xpac/chyna vs mark Henry that surprised the hell out of me if that counts. The hot crowd probably helps it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Are there many other wrestlers in WWE or back in WCW, that have different music as their entrance song and then once they have won their match?

I'm specifically talking about Mick Foley as Mankind during 98, where he has this as his intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9E5AynPz8w

And then after the match he has this as his exit theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rib2ZLwYNo

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Didn't someone print out a giant :words: sign and put it up when HHH was walking down during his entrance or something and he noticed it, and pointed it out to HBK?

I do, however, know someone that printed out a :gay: sign and it appeared on raw in the crowd. I have no idea when that was, but it was certainly screen capped on here at the time, it might have even lead to the the whole :words: sign being made.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Has Cesaro ever used the UFO move while he has worked for the WWE?

For reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LW8aZTAcpk

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ThePariah posted:

No, he'd receive a Jesus pop everywhere he goes if he had.

Ok, glad I haven't missed it, and seriously....this is something he needs to bust out...even if its for a big match at mania.....which now that I think about, yeah we will never see it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Which rumble has the crowd swaying along with Gangrels entrance?

Actually if the crowd is getting into the rumble a lot, that helps make it seem better in my opinion :D

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pretty sure this is what Edge was reacting to. (Stolen from here years ago)

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Was his very brief pretty Ricky phase before or after the truth shall set you free run?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Halloween Jack posted:

What wrestler most perfectly fits the "look" that Vince supposedly wants? The natural answer would be Warrior (or Gary Strydom) but I think McMahon would prefer a Jim Hellwig that he could bill at 6'6" give or take a couple inches. Lex Luger, I guess?

This reminded me of "Stuttering" Matt Morgan.

I actually really liked his run in TNA as the blue print. I'm somewhat surprised he never returned to the wwe as, to me, he fit vinces mold perfectly.

I guess the other person would be the juiced up Chris Masters.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Davros1 posted:

edit: and his racing away from the arena, only to stop the car to Cutter someone truly is the greatest night in the history of the sport!

In the old wwe development, I think ohv, Kennedy did a great thing where he ambushed someone outside. Jumped in a car and as he was driving away screamed Misssssssssta Kennedy!

Then slammed on the breaks, reversed back to the guy. Shouted Kennedy again, and drive away.

Legit cracked me up at the time.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Does Rick Rude ever get associated with DX at all these days? Had he not died and returned to the WWE, would he be counted as a member of DX?

No doubt I've missed some info on him, but I never hear mention of him and DX, not compared to obviously Xpac, Billy Gunn & Road Dogg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I know it would never be licensed but I'm still annoyed to this day that Legacy didn't use Queen - Princes of the Universe.

Even more appropriate now that it's the WWE Universe!