Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FishBulb posted:

Yeah because hes been on observed parole for 9+ years.

Once you get that Malcolm X tattoo they just won't let you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

apsouthern posted:

Weird question maybe, but for the folks that have attended WWE house shows - are they not usually in arenas.

They're sometimes in smaller places that hold 1-2000 people at most.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

When Luger's house was raided following Miss Elizabeth's death, cops found a pharmacy's worth full of steroids and painkillers.

Those were Elizabeth's.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

blunt posted:

:colbert:

He's not hitting his shoulder at all!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

joshtothemaxx posted:

I remember this and was so sad. I was the biggest Headbangers mark on the planet :(

What about Beaver Cleavage?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I've gone just to see Edge and I'd go to one just to see Jericho.

Or Chuck Taylor :allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

why does cena keep getting boners during matches

Because he's gay for wrestlers.

Because he's gay for wrestlers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nibble posted:

Has Orton ever faced Taker?

See: Wrestlemania 21

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

This isn't a Punjabi Prison.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There was a ppv or RAW within the past year that had someone with a sign that was a giant cardboard cut out of John Cena's face, and it rose up from the crowd in an ominous manner. A gif was made of it and I need that gif and maybe even what show it was on. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No but I must see this. I am giggling madly at the mental image.

I've been looking through the gif thread and can't find it and it's upsetting is what it is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I spent like an hour today again looking for Cena face and not finding it is mocking me :(

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Remember, wrestlers are loving HUGE, you won't have any trouble seeing them unless you're in the nosebleeds.

I don't know, they don't look so big on my TV.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How many grossly overweight black wrestlers in the WWE have had the "ladies man" gimmick?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

I'm one of those who feels that the Attitude Era "ended" with Wrestlemania 17, but that it wasn't an ending full stop, but the beginning of the transitory period between the Attitude Era and whatever followed.

Degeneration Next.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

Ok, I'll end this now but i want to say that these words really can't express how much I loving hated Jeff Jarrett on my screen all the time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FishBulb posted:

Its just confusing because Asians are so well behaved!

Until they Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift all over my azaleas!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

HulkaMatt posted:

Look excited and look like you're about to ring the bell for every nearfall.

Hope Kane doesn't get mad about anything.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Tom Zenk is a man who sold a pat on the back from a child like a lariat. I imagine he liked the name.
As for in one day? Low ki debuts against Brian Danielson in a 60 minute iron man match? I can dream.

ECW is Low Ki and Danielson won't get the gently caress out of the ring.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

2 questions: First, when does a clothesline become a lariat, and second, was Shane Douglas ever really considered a good wrestler?

LARIATOOOOO!

Can't answer your second, as that time in ECW was when I was totally into WWF 100%!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best spinebuster belongs to Luke Gallows.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AKA Driver posted:

Well, let's ask the man himself (it's pretty much the Jerry Lee Lewis thing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdABlGoar9g

Bonus JBL smoking a cigar and drinking a beer for really no apparent reason.

Lance Storm's "WOO!" followed by him immediately turning serious after was fantastic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

battlemonk posted:

You could do it quite easily in a match with a big guy vs. a smaller guy. The smaller guy does the spear, but fails to knock the big guy down. Big guy applies front facelock, clubs the small guy in the back, and DDTs.

Could always have the guy doing the spear flip over like when Taker DDTs Big Show.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
No chance.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DannoMack posted:

Why didn't Kenny from the spirit squad last with WWE? For a time - to me - it looked as though he was going to be the one from the group who stuck around as a singles star.

It's for the best, if we can only have one, I'd much rather have Mr. Ziggles.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

KungFu Grip posted:

I believe they bumped into each other backstage and Christian asked what happened to Edge. He used to be cool. I think Edge said something like I'm still cool or that people change...I honestly don't remember if Edge had a comeback for it.

He was gonna be fun again... just as soon as he murders John Cena...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What about Taker and Finlay.

If only for keeping a locker room full of bastards and carnies on the straight and narrow.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Austin's matches should have been 100% stunners.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Meat Recital posted:

When was the last time someone bladed (actually bladed, not busted open) on WWE programming?

Not sure, but it probably involved Ric Flair.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fucken_Gieux posted:

You know, the whole deal with her presenting herself as the confident champion against shallow and judgemental McCool will not sit as well with me knowing she does these desperate things.

Her vagina is plastered all over the internet and this is what makes you disappointed in her?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gatts posted:

I don't think I ever saw this but what's the story behind CM Punk making the Undertaker tap out?

Punk put him in the Anaconda Vise, he instantly tapped out, before he even fully had it applied!

In no way was it a screwjob ending.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seeing Big Show stripping MVP was pretty upsetting.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CM Junk posted:

This is why I think it's particularly interesting that WWE touted the hell out of The Wrestler, which not only shows the darker side of many wrestlers' personal lives after their glory days, but also had scenes that explicitly took place at CZW and ROH shows. I guess so long as they're not showing any actual competition on WWE programming it's OK.

Vince hated The Wrestler until it was apparent it was going to get critical acclaim.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is the guy that made me realize what "indy as gently caress" meant.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FishBulb posted:

Hahahahaha oh god

All of his kids would just come out as muscular hands!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FishBulb posted:

Pretty much all of them are assholes in real life. Wrestling is a lovely carnival buisiness and it breeds shifty petulant assholes.

See, I always saw it as the other way around. Most wrestlers know that it's the fans who get them to where they are, and they've had to go through so much bullshit that they're extremely humble.

CM Punk is supposed to be a dick though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Third biggest merch mover: Funaki

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Eugene Jerome posted:

Christian working in TNA probably helped his career more than if he had not.

He's literally TNA's only success story.

Vance Archer

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This kind of baseless nonsense about Vince McMahon/Triple H/Whoever drives me nuts. You have no evidence of this at all and are using an example in which, even if the statement were true, it would not apply.

I heard Vince McMahon sits around masturbating to the thought of Hulk Hogan walking in, tearing off his shirt while bursting into tears, and offering to give Vince one night of Hulkamania for a slice of PPV audience to call his own.

That's just what I heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Heh, don't get me wrong I love monkeys. The slightest disagreement results in a massive wall of text. It owns.

Just imagine everything he types is in the voice of Orson Welles.