Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Gas is turned on right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supple Moisture
Sep 11, 2009

TH3 TROLL W1TH NO F34R
Yeah, it is. The seafoam hasn't seemed to have worked. Im jump starting the bike right now with my car and it seems to be turning over a bit faster than before. I got it to sort of start. It kinda...made 2 weak combustion cycles and stopped it sounded like.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Is fuel making it to the engine in the sense of air fuel spark?

Are your jets clogged? Is your float bowl filled? Is the filter in your tank clogged?

Supple Moisture
Sep 11, 2009

TH3 TROLL W1TH NO F34R
Once I hooked it up to my car, it started cranking faster and, after about 20 mins, I got it to start working again! Guess it was a battery problem.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Get a battery tender jr if you don't have one already.

e: actually, you've been riding often and the battery still isn't holding a charge well - it may be time for a new one.

M42 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 6, 2014

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Z3n posted:

Push down hard on the part of the seat that the latch is at.

Didn't work :( I think I'm going to have to find cable that's connected to the latch. Might have to take off some fairings.

Supple Moisture
Sep 11, 2009

TH3 TROLL W1TH NO F34R

M42 posted:

Get a battery tender jr if you don't have one already.

e: actually, you've been riding often and the battery still isn't holding a charge well - it may be time for a new one.

Yeah I just got home from visiting my friend and I had some trouble getting it to start after it sat for about 2 hours. I have a feeling like this is a very old battery; there's no corrosion but I think it's about done.

e: Also super thank you to everyone for all of the help. This bike is very much a learning experience for me.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I recommend a powersport XTAX7L-BS. I had an expensive cyclegear brand battery poo poo the bed on me a few months back, and replaced it with this guy. Pretty deec, only fiddy bucks.

Supple Moisture
Sep 11, 2009

TH3 TROLL W1TH NO F34R
If someone tells me the name of a product with that many random letters I feel obligated to just trust them and buy it.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
My ninjette starts way better after a spell on the ol' tender. The battery is probably due for a change but I'm a lazy cheapskate so I'll delay until it's time to do the brakes as well.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Went to remove my right muffler to get at the rear brake caliper bolts...

PennDOT. :negative:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

Went to remove my right muffler to get at the rear brake caliper bolts...

PennDOT. :negative:
So, to update on this:

The end of the bolt is goddamn stuck and I don't care enough to try to remove it. I need either 92037-1792 or 92171-0062. Why are there two part numbers?

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I think one might be for the bolt and one for the clamp?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

That's what I thought, but throwing either of them into PartZilla/RonAyers yields "clamp."

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

What brand/model do you guys recommend for a front tire for a 2004 250?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Pirelli MT75 for both wheels, all the way

ooh, they're on sale right now, might pick up another pair myself.

M42 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

M42 posted:

Pirelli MT75 for both wheels, all the way

ooh, they're on sale right now, might pick up another pair myself.

Ordered. Thanks much! Girlfriend is gonna be way happy. :)

• Locked thread