Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I'm still making up my mind with the album, but my question is: why did she have to put on that terrible tone for Dope? She's got such a great voice - I could listen to her sing nursery rhymes all day - but then she takes a really good song and makes her voice sound like poo poo :(
I know, personal opinion and all, but it just didn't do it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Gaga will be singing the National Anthem at the Superbowl this year.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap3000000631477/article/lady-gaga-will-sing-national-anthem-at-super-bowl-50

I'd rather have her do the halftime show, but hey ...

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
My taste must be in my rear end because I love this song - it's not my absolute favorite (That's Paparazzi) but it's catchy as hell and has a really nice driving beat. The only thing I don't think works all that well is the key change but otherwise, if LG5 is more of this type of stuff I'll be perfectly happy.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Yeah, I'm not really sure what people wanted from her - the beginning of the show (liberty and justice for all) combined with Born This Way in front of Mike Pence himself is plenty political and not at all subtle. Anything else would likely have been considered "crass", which I don't entirely agree with but look what happened with 5 seconds of a titty that most people didn't even catch the first time they watched it.

What exactly did you want her to do, come out and replace all the words of her songs with "gently caress Donald Trump" while getting pissed on by her dancers in a Trump costume or something? While it would have been pretty funny it wouldn't have the inclusive message she said she wanted a thousand times in interviews.

I thought it was a great show and got the point across, sorry she didn't literally bash the fash on stage I guess? :shrug:

• Locked thread