Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Bad Romance is great. Being the first new song she's released since hitting it big, I think you can tell a difference, it's more, I dunno overblown than her previous singles but I definitely like it, great attitude, and the chorus is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Christopher Walken does a reading of Poker Face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2guQYivZ6w

That's brilliant, Walken is awesome

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

cat doter posted:

You buy mediocre pop to spite schools of thought that don't exist(I don't even like Nirvana or grunge)? Cool man.

Nope, it's not mediocre pop either. She makes her own music, it's not just the product of anonymous producers. Don't like it fine, but her music is legitimate.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
New video is incredible, probably the most interesting music video i've ever seen.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
^^She's well aware of the "rumors", you realise, she even jokes about it.

So Beyonce has a song coming out called "Video phone" featuring Lady Gaga, and now Lady Gaga has a song coming out called "Telephone" featuring Beyonce? Bit of a coincidence!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Liking the new album. The standout tracks for me apart from Bad Romance, are Dance in the Dark, Monster, and So Happy I Could Die.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

It took me a couple listens, but I now officially love the new album. Not every song, but whatever. Is there word on which song she'll make a video for next? My hope is Teeth.

The word seems to be that Telephone ft. Beyonce will be the next single. I think Dance in the Dark would be a good single too.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Triple Tech posted:

How dare you. I'm listening to this right now. I like it. It's off The Fame.

He meant where is it, wasn't on the setlist.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Hakarne posted:

So I nearly had someone to go with me to her concert in the UK, but they backed out because they want to save money blah blah blah. I tried to bury it but oh dear God I want to go so bad I'm seriously considering paying the £175 for the VIP Hot Band tickets and going alone. Is anyone else saying gently caress it and going to see Lady Gaga solo? Are any goons potentially going to the Sheffield, UK show on the 8th of March? I really hate myself for even considering this (straight male, I swear).

Why don't you just buy the ticket for the person you want to go with?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I like the song, it's awesome. Sounds classic.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Good lord that article is retarded. And for those disappointed with the single, I don't know what you were expecting, it's just a pop song! and a pretty good one at that.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Blodskur posted:

Something as good as her previous ones? Which were also pop songs? Seems bizarre, I know.

Yep it is pretty bizarre!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
The video is certainly something. It is darkly fascinating.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Judas is awesome, I love the chorus.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Matlock posted:

It's just a really bad cover. We're running into a point where Gaga has more input into the album than her handlers, and it's really turning out poorly.

Nah i'd say it's turning out pretty well so far bro.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mental Midget posted:

Mmm yes album cover art is so very relevant in an age where all music is digitally distributed.

Just so you know i'll be buying this album in CD format from a store

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Edge of glory is good, really seems like the album is shaping up nicely

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

machchunk posted:

Now this just throws more confusion onto the poor single and "early release" selection.

Well Born this Way did debut at number 1 and stayed there for 6 weeks, some might say that was a good choice

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Really like the album, lots of different styles but all songs are good. Really like Bloody Mary, think that would make an interesting next single.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Skilleddk posted:

For me it was the opposite, Born This Way - well alright, pretty catchy. Judas - holy poo poo, this is bad.

This is quite an odd opinion.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Million-plus first sales week, that's pretty impressive even with the 99cent Amazon deal.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Pig Boots posted:

Taylor Swift fans also tend to be goody-two-shoes who don't illegally download because it's illegal (or because they believe that any illegal download will automatically put a virus on Mommy and Daddy's computer). Gaga fans generally aren't goody-two-shoes, but they will still buy her albums in large numbers out of loyalty to her.

You don't have to be a goody-two-shoes to buy music, you know.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

somnambulist posted:

Oh well, she's allowed to fail sometimes.

I wouldn't say it is a failure. Pretty low key compared to her other ones but it was still a nice serviceable video, 80s feel, good atmosphere. Can't have a massive epic video for every song.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sf0rzando posted:

Well the thing that makes me sad about this is that apparently we were going to.

Not sure who this guy is but he clearly knew some inside information, since he tweeted these quotes six hours before the video premiered:

"A very cool concept driven cinema piece was turned into a complete solo performance at the last minute."
"The entire art department also has the right to be upset considering the massive sets they built that didn't get used."
"Ya know what? When you see the video, just realize it could've been a whole lot better with an actual story line. Now its Gaga"

I would totally buy the whole "this video is just about simplicity, about Gaga and the music", if she actually went the whole way with it. Just give me Gaga, a spotlight, and a microphone stand. The way this turned out though, is just...generic.

Yeah it seems that something went down during the video's making, I also read quotes about casting that they did, and it turns out it's really just her, but whatever, the video works.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Skilleddk posted:

Ughh there are so many bad moments in this video. The "I'm on the edge with you" part at 3:09 for example, she's shouting it in the music but whispering in the video? The awkward headbanging during sax solo...

To be fair, in most of her videos she doesn't exactly show a lot of emotion does she?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Thrust On Moore posted:

Honestly, I think there's going to be some deflated interest in Gaga after this video, if only because this was so

Honestly, no I don't think so. It's one music video, it may not set the world on fire but let's not get silly.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fuseshock posted:

Nope. :( I don't see You-eee and I doing any better than Edge of Glory. She would've been better off with Marry The Night or Scheisse.

Edge of Glory peaked at number 3 and has spent 10 weeks in the top 10 so far, i'd say it's done pretty well

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That might be her best video yet, so many great images.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

One of them isn't her, and is just a facial double (probably the female version, as her face is always obscured in that shot). They may have gone as far as to do a partial facial replacement, ala Benjamin Button and Captain America, but my guess is one of them is just someone who looks a bit like her, and you can't see their whole face.

No, i'm pretty sure she cloned herself for this video.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Maximusi posted:

If she releases a new album next year how's she going to have time to tour North America for BTW ball? I wanna see it. :(

She works on her new music while she's touring I believe, she must have already been working on the new album.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Maximusi posted:

I mean she's going to have to start planning for her next tour if she keeps pumping out albums. With Monster ball didn't she tour for at least two years?

I'm pretty sure she'll be doing the BTW Ball tour in North America, probably January- March next year is what was initially planned anyway.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Stalins Moustache posted:

So, about 10-15 second snippets were leaked from 2 songs. One is Applause, and the other one people are not sure of. I know you can't judge a song just from a few seconds, but from what I heard of Applause it sounds bad, sadly. The same goes to the other snippet.

The snippet of Applause sounds pretty good to me. It's only 15 seconds but it's very promising. Also vaguely amusing is her little meltdown on twitter about this mini-leak.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Taliaquin posted:

Am I in the minority for thinking that Born This Way was actually a great album? I mean, I didn't start paying attention to her until The Fame Monster, but I thought BTW was amazing.

Not at all, it's a really good album. And talk about insecure, that guy getting so mad because he has to listen to a talk about music from an artist he doesn't like? Bizarre.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It's good yeah, but first impression is there's maybe too many looks, it's a bit all over the place.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I liked the blonde wig too. Nice performance but not as good as Born this way at the VMAs of course.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

frenchnewwave posted:

I liked most of what I saw, especially loved the crazy getup from the first song. I have to be honest, though... the rap song was not good. I'm all for experimentation but I think it came off as trying too hard.

I actually liked that one, maybe 3 rappers in one song is too much but I think Gaga's vocals went along nicely with the song. I'd like to hear it at a better quality though, the rap parts got a bit distorted on the youtube video.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Stalins Moustache posted:

Well, that was dissapointing. Nearly no changes at all from the leaked demo(which she and the producer went around saying "No guys, it REALLY is different from the demo!) except for the vocals in the verses which sound worse. The vocals on the verses on the demo atleast had this brutal vibe to it, while this version she just sounds like she's going all :effort:.

But nevermind that. I'm really looking forward to the album now and I'm really curious about that app she's going to release.

Edit: Luckily, some fanpages are saying that the Aura on that lyric video is not the version that will be on the album, but then there will be three/four different Aura versions around :psyduck:

The lyrics video seems like it is shortened a bit from the full version. I do like the song but I don't think it would be the best choice for a single.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Jin Wicked posted:

What happened to the voting thing on Twitter, and Sex Dreams? :(

There might be other singles. Sexxx Dreams is a surefire hit for renewing interest in the album after it's been out awhile.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Venus now out in full on youtube. I like the song, but it strikes me as more of an album track, one that grows on you. I think it worked out well with Do what you want as the single instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Mary Jane Holland snippet is fantastic. This album is going to be pretty good.

• Locked thread