Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

cat doter posted:

Hell as a musician it loving ENRAGES ME on one level, but on another level I'm pretty cold to it cause it's something you have to expect because this loving industry went to hell a long time ago.

I mean, she's obviously a real musician, she can play and sing quite well. She could be quite popular without the image bullshit, but whoever is handling her PR resorts to it anyway. I admire that she's a pop star with at least some talent, but come one, the stupid image, typical pop beats and songs about poker and stuff, there's no need for it, it's like music industry trans fat. But we all know people love their fat.

I feel the same way about Katy Perry, she has a great voice especially when she did a cover of Sam Sparro's "Black and Gold" but she limits herself to as you say "typical pop". Lady Gaga has a fantastic voice but she hides it under electronic elements. I have nothing wrong with people who like Gaga but it is sad that she went the route she went in the music industry when she had such a great potential like Perry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Well it only took a couple of months but Telephone led to me purchasing the deluxe edition of Fame Monster and now after months of anti-gaga, I have become gaga for gaga.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Zophar posted:

I'm disappointed too. It's more like a collage of Madonna homages, goes on too long, and doesn't really seem to have any point other than looking weird.

Same here, overall I was not really blown away like I was from Bad Romance and Telephone. There was some cool imagery though but definitely needed some editing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

miss_chaos posted:

Gaga singing with 10 year Maria Aragon (of Youtube 'Born This Way' cover fame) at Monsterball Toronto.

Gaga posted a photo of herself with Maria on Facebook where she was wearing a white tee with Maria's face on the front, and got Maria to sign it for her. Such a sweet thing to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEB3nnIsAmQ

This is a really sweet interview too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Hj1KxgOJY

I have to say that interview alone made me like Gaga even more.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This may sound strange but of the songs released

Judas
Born this Way
Edge of Glory
(You And I) live version

I like these songs better then most of Fame Monster which seems to be the opposite of what people feel. I like elements of Fame Monster but I am enjoying these songs more then I expected too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

We can hear it all tomorrow

http://www.nme.com/news/lady-gaga/56715

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bina posted:

Perez is someone who reports on people, and knows their whereabouts most of the time. I'm fairly sure that when Gaga and him were friends, she invited him to her family home. Perez is a liar, and will stretch the fabric of truth in any way to make himself seem like a legit victim. Perez is a bully, he knows that Gaga is sensitive to her family life, and with all the bickering, I think he just can't let it go. Arriving at her family's home is the ultimate fuckery when it comes to bullying.

I'm really with the side against Perez, because WTF of course he knew where she lived/her family lives. His entire career is based on the knowledge of whereabouts, and Gaga's home has been in multiple articles, because of it's placement near their family church.

He's obsessed.

I wish that he had ended up getting in legal trouble for posting the miley cyrus picture a few years back.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Could this guy be any more of a child?

quote:

Hilton tweeted a picture of Aguilera and the phrase “JusticeForBionic,” asking followers to “spread the word” and “Buy Bionic 11.11.13″ (see below).

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Bionic is a drat good album. If Hilton is being a child about this, then at least he's picked something decent to try and get people to buy.

I definitely need to check it out then

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oraculum Animi posted:

I was looking up lyrics online and the first time I saw:
"One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me."

The second time I looked the lyrics they had changed, to this:
"One second I'm a Kunst, then suddenly the Kunst is me."

Now the first refers to the artist Jeff Koons while the second is (according to Wikipedia) the german/dutch word for art.

Some stations are censoring that part of the song because they think it is saying "One Second I'm a oval office"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

frenchnewwave posted:

I only got to see half of the show and was also counting on watching it at a later date. I sure hope they make all acts available for viewing because I'd like to see a few others but I'm not going to watch "live."

I liked most of what I saw, especially loved the crazy getup from the first song. I have to be honest, though... the rap song was not good. I'm all for experimentation but I think it came off as trying too hard.

If it is like last year, they will be up for viewing later on.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Purity Ring just remixed Applause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__IR7jc9O6o

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The cover is out for Venus

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/10/listen-lady-gagas-new-song-venus/

Definitely NSFW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SNL Promos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOs4ERPc-HY

I love how happy she is in these promos.

• Locked thread