Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

The frozen creature began emitting an eerie light...

ArmoredBlue posted:

Her second single, Telephone, leaked recently and it sounds like it could hit number 1 quite easily: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjOT9bybII

I agree, I'm pretty much instantly in love with this song.

Edit: I was just thinking about something. I'm a little worried that Gaga here is going to suffer from Sufjan Stevens syndrome: release a million awesome things at once, tour, be everyone's favorite artist ever, and then disappear seemingly forever. I really hope not, cause I really, really like her.

Valigarmanda fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

Free Market Gravy posted:

His "best album" didn't even come close to cracking the Top 100 Bilboard chart. Not that such a thing is an infallible judgment of quality, but, for the most part, the only people who considered him their favorite artist were indie snobs.

Good point. I should have remembered that the height of his popularity was when I was still in college, so I was surrounded by indie snobs. Oops.

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

Earwicker posted:

Also Sufjan Stevens didn't exactly dissappear, he released two albums this year

Yeah, one of remixed material (that i actually kinda liked) and a new album, and then said he was having some sort of existential and creative crisis. His song on Dark Was The Night was hands-down my favorite, though.

Tuckfard posted:

I'll talk about it with you because its one of my favorite tracks from the album.

me too! I absolutely love Telephone for that exact reason.

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

I'm... I don't know what to think of this performance?

She looks absolutely blasted, and not in a good way. :(

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

ZakAce posted:

Re: "Swine". At first I was horrified and astounded, but after having some time to digest it (har har), I think it was amazing. It's certainly the most genuinely exciting thing she's done in a long time. I think Gaga's been feeling a bit frustrated lately.

Also: ARTPOP vol 2 and a new music video, apparently. We'll see what happens.

I'm leaning more towards what you're thinking, but I'm still kinda... sad I guess? I'm still excited to see her in May when she comes to Seattle, cause it's gonna be a spectacle either way. It just looked like she was blasted, I guess. Although I did chuckle when she yelled "gently caress your phones... gently caress your friends instead!"

She did imply in the interview that ARTPOP part 2 might not come out, when she was like "I have it and I listen to it all the time but I don't care what people think of it." That implies to me that she's just keeping it secret for now. Which sucks, cause no new material for like five months sucks!

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

Bina posted:

It's Venus. Says so on her Wiki.

I hope it's Venus, that song would kick rear end as a single I think (I hope)

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

Yeah I wasn't super thrilled by the four minute long credits but the rest of the video was pretty fantastic.

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

I know, I was so thrilled when music started and I didn't have to hear a monologue about memory or whatever like in Marry The Night. That poo poo was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

I hope she has openers for Seattle next month... I'm kinda bummed that Babymetal isn't opening for us, to be honest. I'm not really holding my breath, though, cause who would open for Lady Gaga for two days?

• Locked thread