Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Well then I guess I should start buying lube.

You don't need it anymore! Just listen to her new single and your body lubes itself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Moe_Rahn posted:

And then you learn that they were forced to do it by their father, based on a prediction made by his mother during a palm reading, and everything about it becomes horribly depressing.

My favorite thing about the songs I've heard (after reading about them for the first time in this thread) is that on some songs they are completely off key sometimes and they are not playing well, but they still end up playing and singing the same things at the same time. It's crazy.

I guess the best example I have heard to really get across what I mean is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDwIYXOE7g

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
What is the camera thing?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Contemplating Jazz posted:

Wasn't a huge fan of Born This Way (still dance to it in the car though, not gonna lie) but I am really love Judas. It seems to be getting a lot of hate, and a lot of people are saying it sounds like Bad Romance. Is that only because they can't see past the JuDAH ju-da-ahs in the beginning? I can't hear any other similarities, and to be honest I didn't even think of Bad Romance when I heard that.

I heard it on the radio for the first time the other day and the first thing I thought of was Bad Romance. The song seems to have similar transitions and when I heard it again yesterday I could basically sing the chorus to Bad Romance over the chorus of Judas and it fit pretty well.

Then you throw in the Judah-ah-as part and that furthers the comparisons.

It honestly reminds me more of Bad Romance than Born This Way did with Express Yourself... but I had never heard Express Yourself before Born This Way so I had nothing to go on for that and still don't think they sound that similar.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Sulk posted:

Dance in the Dark is a Gaga-ified Careless Whisper, but that's okay because Careless Whisper owns

I've always heard a bit of ABBA's Super Trouper in there too.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'm not the biggest fan of the persona stuff, but I've liked a few of Gaga's singles in the past and was looking forward to hearing some more.

From what I can tell though from Born This Way, Edge of Glory, and Judas her new stuff feels WAY overproduced, the three songs all seem extremely loud in their own ways and there is so much going on that the pure catchiness of the hooks is completely drowned out by everything else.

Is she working with different people this time around? Or are people just giving her more pure creative control over every tiny aspect of the music because of her past success?

It's hard to describe but every song has felt like there is too much packed into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Stabitha posted:

Oh god, he looks exactly like Jane Krakowski when he's wearing the blond wigs.

I cannot believe how accurate this is.

• Locked thread