Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There are several steps to Gaga conversion, also known as "being bitten by the Fame Monster", which parallel what this thread has gone through.

First, you may be initially repulsed by what you're experiencing. "This is trashy pop music," maybe. Or "Dude, she's totally a man, this is some Crying Game poo poo right here, you can see her dick right here!"

But she gets your hooks into you. Somehow "LoveGame" slips into your playlist "accidentally," or you watch that Christopher Walken clip or that South Park clip a strange number of times.

"I like Lady Gaga ironically," you start to tell yourself. Or maybe you're a little braver and admit that you do love her -- but you're scared to let anyone else know.

It's only a few steps from there until you're contemplating how much you're willing to spend on a lock of her hair, get a Gagatar, and are having your first gay experience

Ha ha ha, this is exactly what happened to me. It began with SNL, I hadn't even really heard one of her songs all the way through until then. I was pretty much blown away. I then bought her album and listened to it in secret, but my boss noticed it one day and laughed at me. He sucks. Anyway, I have started coming out of the Gaga closet to my friends and for a bunch of supposed hipsters and dirty hippies, they ALL love Lady Gaga. (Ok, not the straight boys. At least they won't admit it.)

The new video is AMAZING. I think I have watched it 4 times in the past hour. Oh, Gaga. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

Bjork out on us

This is so awesome. I really like Bad Romance, and I thought the way she played it on SNL (slow on the piano) was really lovely. She's like a freaky futuristic 1960's pop singer.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Here is a preview of her appearance on Gossip Girl. It looks so awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfUmooh0QA

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

I love Teeth, I can't stop listening to it. Don't forget tonight Lady Gaga will be on Gossip Girl at 9 eastern/8 central on the abomination that is "The CW."

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

weekly font posted:

Speechless live on the AMAs will give you a Gagasm. Seriously.

Whoa. Those skeleton outfits were awesome. And Speechless was Gagasm-inducing, yes. I have not had such a loving crush on a musician since Jon Knight of New Kids On The Block, back in like 1989. I would go so gay for Lady Gaga...oh man.

appleskates fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 23, 2009

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

TMZ is reporting that she bought pizza for her fans waiting outside for the album.
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/23/lady-gaga-to-fans-who-wants-a-slice

TMZ posted:

Lady Gaga's rollin' in dough -- in fact, she just threw down more than $1,000 to buy pizza for her fans.

TMZ has learned Gaga ordered 80 cheese pizzas for her minions waiting in line for an album signing outside a Los Angeles Best Buy.

Just a couple hours ago Gaga twittered: "Sending all my little monsters little pizzas for waiting all night for me at best buy. I hope you're hungry...eat up I love u!"

Gaga placed the order through a local Papa John's -- and they confirmed 40 pizzas were delivered at 3pm PST today, and 40 more will be delivered at 6. Altogether, the pop star's bill was over $1,000.

For the record, we're told Gaga tipped "very, very well."
:allears:
Oh, Gaga.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

It's

"I want your Psycho, your Vertigo schtick
Want you in my Rear Window
Baby it's sick"

(Referencing Hitchcock films.) She said this in the behind the scenes of the Bad Monster video, I believe.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

7lip posted:

After going to the store and hearing awful christmas music, I have only one thing to say to you guys.

Light me up with me on top lets falalalala lalalala!

my christmas tree's delicious!!

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Perpetual Ascent posted:

i'm really into death metal and like lady gaga. what the gently caress is wrong with me

Ha ha, so is my best friend's husband. It's awesome to me how once you admit you like Gaga, so does everybody else.

My almost 10 year old picked up some of these

at the grocery store last night and said "Look mom! My christmas tree's delicious!"

Oops.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

I have just been informed that Lady Gaga will be on the Barbara Walters special tonight. I hope it's online eventually, because I miss Nip/Tuck for no one.

Also, I converted my boss. :) He loves her now.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Okay, who made this? (I found it on DeviantArt.)

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Sockser posted:

loving 4chan :argh:

It's much worse than you think. Apparently furries also identify with Gaga, there is in particular one horse type creature I saw repeatedly, it had some sort of zebra patterned thighs. I don't recommend searching for it. :( I just wanted some pretty Gagapaper for my new computer.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

Isn't that an Okapi?

I don't know...is it?

This is just freaking adorable though.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Kick rear end. How awesome for you and your friend! Those pictures are amazing...I want to see her live so, so much. :sigh:

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Programmable Soda posted:

What about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTCCHW699M
Lady GaGa - Teeth

It's... uhm, interesting. I'd pictured something similar in my mind for this video, but with more GaGa and less hunky stripping males (okay, maybe a bit of hunky stripping males :colbert:).
She hasn't said a word about it yet, so I don't think she's aware of it.

Oh my. That's really...uh... :swoon:

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Teeth video again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fhrRfTFeug

Rawr gay bondage vampires!

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

This is pretty neato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkONsZsFmHk

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

My kid (10 yr old girl) loves Gaga. It's somewhat of a relief to me because she sometimes gets poo poo from her peers for not loving Queen Miley and the rest of the Disney pop music factory. She is quite vocal about her distaste for all things Hannah Montana, so it's good that now she can counter those arguments with "well at least Lady Gaga writes her own music." :smug:

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Basically don't tell your kids what a disco stick is and you should be fine

Also this.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

So my ten year old daughter (who I have full fuckin' custody of, by the way) told me today that her dad's girlfriend told her that it's inappropriate for me to let her listen to Lady Gaga. gently caress YOU WHORE. I bought the kid a Gaga t-shirt to wear over to their house next weekend. :D

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Wow. That's awesome. I am really happy to give you somebody to look down on tonight!

The video was really good for a music video, but I didn't enjoy it like I did Paparazzi or Bad Romance. Too much Beyonce, in my opinion.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Honey buns (Little Debbie brand.)

Oh and "I told you she doesn't have a dick."

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

That video was pretty disturbing. She looks like she took something to help her stay "up" for the show and it just made her spacy. :( Don't do that, Gaga. Stay awesome! It really made me concerned to see her just sit down and half-rear end sing her biggest single so far.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

I will HOPEFULLY be going to Dallas. Please somebody be sure to post here when tickets go on sale so I can get some.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Ma_NiC posted:

Got two tickets to the show at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis on July 17th. Shelled out $200 for the tickets (which are seat tickets but also kind of in the nosebleed section). I'm sure it will be more than worth it. My best friend and I are going, and I couldn't be more excited. Woo!

I'm glad you get to go, but am so sad that I won't be there with you. Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

I love when she acknowledges and encourages the crazy Illuminati theories.

(From SNL)

I really really want that unicorn shirt, but I can't afford it right now. Hopefully it'll be released separately from the pre-orders at some point.

• Locked thread