Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

7lip posted:

A bows worth ;)

Unfortunately she admitted that bow was made out of two packs of $2 hair extensions. I'm wondering if it really is from wigs she's worn, or if it's her actual hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009
So now that she's posted the video, is anyone else freaking the gently caress out? Every second is perfection.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

angerbotSD posted:

Read this, it was linked earlier but not described well: http://superqueen.wordpress.com/2009/06/12/were-plastic-but-we-still-have-fun-lady-gagas-paparazzi-video-by-j-akerlund/

She apparently wears a ton of designer stuff but I'm a jeans and tshirt giant gay instead of the designer type.

Oh goodness I need MORE of these critical observations! I feel like I must soak up every detail of Gaga.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

DARYL loving HALL posted:

Most of them, probably? Gaga's not even a fantastic singer, though I do like her voice.

edit: Writing songs professionally, probably not very many. But for the most part, pop stars are musicians, not just models picked out of a lineup for being attractive.

Now now, doesn't that depend on which pop industry (originating country) we're talking about?

I thought that was the gist of the signing process in places like Japan. Cute face, one hit wonder, move on to the next act.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

Obligatory Toast posted:

That wouldn't explain why Japan has so many huge pop-acts that last for decades, though.

Well that's not to imply that there isn't some genuine talent there. But there's another part of the industry (especially in pop music) that pumps out cute faces with mediocre voices.

Sockser posted:

the orbit dress makes more sense in the video than live.

You're not supposed to have it spinning, it's supposed to be all spun but stationary

But it was so adorable when it knocked her in the face.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

IntoTheNihil posted:

Could someone edit this so it's under 100 x 100 / 19kb?

Second this...it's probably the cutest part of the video.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

Marshmallow Mayhem posted:

actually the orb thing was made by nasir mazhar.
another mazhar creation:

and here's a Making Of/Behind The Scenes of Bad Romance. Really interesting. You can see her bat headdress better in scenes they cut out/never used for the final video edit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBT7Y0C7EaM&feature=player_embedded

I would love to wear that to work.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009
New album just leaked.

She just keeps stepping it up.

& Speechless sounds so drat classic.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

ArmoredBlue posted:

Teeth is absolutely the best way to end the album. It just makes me want to listen to it all over again.

Monster is growing on me, and So Happy I Could Die has really catchy parts. While this is short, I totally agree that the length is perfect; this is a full body of work and feels very consistent (though it could be that the rest of The Fame will always be overshadowed by the four singles).

Teeth is fast becoming my favorite -- I love how soulful it is, and it definitely was the best choice for ending the album.

I love Speechless & Dance in the Dark, but it might take a while for So Happy I Could Die to grown on me.

Also, I understand it is a matter of personal taste, but how can you possibly compare Rihanna's voice to Gaga's? Rihanna has some pretty good songs, but her voice...well, it's kind of terrible.

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009

THIZZFACE KILLA posted:

I love all the songs on the new CD and I keep hearing the "he ate my heart" part from Monster in my head.

What is it about that line that owns so much

Because violence is the best.

But really, her cutesy voice is used so rarely that when she does use it, it's very effective, at least for me. It's pretty much one of the only things I like about "Video Phone."

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009
Telephone will most certainly be the next single, and it will most certainly blow that lovely Video Phone PV out of the water.

Yeah, I liked the Gaga part with the coordinated chair dance, but all that other poo poo...was just loving strange. I fail to see the correlation between retro pin-up and taping a ho on your video phone. Did anyone else think the video looked completely cheap and retarded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009
I've searched and searched for more information, but sadly have found nothing. I realize they will be "pressing uncensored versions soon" or whatever, but when a record company says that...what is a realistic timeline?

I figured I'd chalk this up to having the dark hair cover/censored version, along with the triangle blonde wig/uncensored version (hurrr collectin' time)...but I don't know how long I can wait. ;_;

D'you think she'll be changing up her set list as the tour goes on? I'm hoping it might evolve once I get to see her on Dec. 29.

• Locked thread