Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Those are both depressing, terrible bands. You should feel bad for liking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Dark Weasel posted:

So her new song, Bad Romance, is out, and I really dig it. Synth-heavy, and she does this crazy, low "la-la" thing that makes me grin. I was kind of disappointed that she was re-releasing The Fame with a few new tracks rather than gearing up for a whole new album, but honestly, I can't really blame her, and if it means a few new songs to play with, then hey, everyone wins.

Because everyone loves Lady Gaga :colbert:

I love it too. RA raaa~ a a aaa~ ga ga ooh la la~ :dance:

Well she's touring so probably hasn't had the time to do a whole album worth of new stuff yet. Oh well, more gaga is more happy for us! :)

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

I'm aiming to get tix for the Nokia LA show in just a few minutes via the online presale... Let's see how good of seats I can get for under $100 each
:f5::f5::f5::f5::f5:

e: ORCHESTRA Row W :))) ORchestra Pit was sold out :((( But that's ok cuz that would have been like $100 a ticket after fees. These were $75 a ticket after fees. Fuuuuck I hate ticketmaster's fees. SO MUCH.

Yay I'm so excited is it December 21st yet?!??

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 22, 2009

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

angerbotSD posted:

The French seem to enjoy her. As is expected, really.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EZeEtM4-0Lw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EZeEtM4-0Lw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

God drat there's someone here who knows how to market.

Plus a little "well yes I'll just play The Entertainer for some reason" at the end.

I personally love the bit where she stands up and she's practically doing downward dog while playing the loving piano and singing. And the host guy was lke
"Awkward, but sexy!" XD She's so awesome.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Humanist Manifesto posted:

Who cares what they would think, though? This is something I've never seriously understood about other people. I fuckin' love Lady Gaga and I'm not afraid to announce that out loud (among other numerous "guilty" pleasures I don't even feel guilty for enjoying). I get poo poo for it but I honestly couldn't care less. You do your thing, man.

Yeah I was at work on ticketmaster and so excited and refreshing a lot, and I printed out my confirmation and told all my coworkers I was going to see Lady Gaga with my girlfriend :D SO EXCITED AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

A suit made entirely from Miss Piggy dolls

LOL yes!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Amethyst Citrine posted:

So now that she's posted the video, is anyone else freaking the gently caress out? Every second is perfection.

http://cache.umusic.com/web_assets/ladygaga/site/badromance/default.html

So. Awesome.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

ArmoredBlue posted:

I'd say a large portion of what she wore after Poker Face blew up is designer made, though some of her really out-there stuff (like the orbit dress for example) is made by her small fashion team called the Haus of Gaga.

actually the orb thing was made by nasir mazhar.
another mazhar creation:

and here's a Making Of/Behind The Scenes of Bad Romance. Really interesting. You can see her bat headdress better in scenes they cut out/never used for the final video edit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBT7Y0C7EaM&feature=player_embedded

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

lol it's not a coincidence........

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Anybody else pissed as hell that their copy of the Fame Monster is censored? The one you can buy on itunes is censored, the one I bought in Target (deluxe 2-disc edition btw) is censored. :argh:

The only non-censored version of Bad Romance I've heard is one that I accidentally "found" in a "forum" on "the internet" a few weeks ago. And the music video version as well. But none of the official releases. What the gently caress is up with THAT?

Lady GaGa does not appear to be much of a free bitch, baby.

On a less spiteful note, Monster is my favorite on the new album so far. I still love Bad Romance to pieces, and Alejandro.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Reacharound posted:

content: "Paparazzi" kinda sounds like "Don't Stop Believin'".

I have acquired a mashup called Just Stop Believing, Just Dance vs Don't Stop Believing. Amazing.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

This may be wayyy off (I'm so not musically inclined) but something about Monster makes me think of Chris Brown's song Forever, and I'd love to hear a mash up of those two. Regardless, Monster is now my favorite everything song.

I don't know anything about this Chris Brown song (I stopped listening to him after he beat women and also all his songs suck anyway except he doublemint gum one) but Muh-muh-muh-muh-Monster is my fave new track on the new album for suuuure. I think Bad Romance rules though and Telephone or Alejandro would be a great next single.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Yeah, I drew the line at $200 a ticket :( $175 to see her last year at the Nokia for FAR-LEFT orch seats was enough! No way I can shell out a car payment and a half for me and my gf to go.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Bang3r posted:

Silly question, but does anyone have the artwork of her and beyonce sitting on a bed or something and she's got the caution tape wrapped around her? im horribly tempted to get a tattoo of it, or based on it.. pinup style :3

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/tumblr_kz86alMGXI1qzla8oo1_500.jpg

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Dimentia posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand SPW. Their whole set was just a bunch of self-promotion (they encouraged the audience to scream their name about 50 times) and attention whoring (the lead singer changed her outfit onstage). I'm not really into Kid Cudi but at least the LED visualizations were fun to look at.

The lead singer of Semi-Precious Weapons is a guy, but he's very Chris Crocker-y. I could not stand them at all. The only reason I can see why they opened for Gaga is because they're also from NY. They were so wretched, conceited, and awkward.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Does anybody know any thing about purchasing the Fame Monster USB drive loaded with the album, the Remixes album and all her videos? It says on the press releases it's out May 3rd, and I'd like to preorder it...

Anywhoo Semi Precious Weapons are loving awful. There's nothing "perfect" about them opening for Lady Gaga, because they are completely talentless.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

As soon as I got home from Target I plugged in the new 37" Vizio I bought and christened it by watching the AI Alejandro performance in HD. Lovely,
I loved her lace outfit, especially how the mic was hidden into the lace over her face. And the fountain (pouring blood-colored water?) behind her looked like a Weeping Angel from Doctor Who. If I can figure out my iTunes account I'm gonna buy it on there.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Almost sprayed water out of my nose at the "I wanna fu-fu-fu-gently caress you as hard as I can" line. Love it!

I love the lyrics to this song when I can make them out in the song. It reminds me of Speechless a bit, which I didn't like on my first few listens, so it will probably grow on me like that has too.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

ArmoredBlue posted:

If you've ever wanted to see Gaga sing "Don't Stop Believing" with Elton John, Sting, Springsteen, and others, your wish has come true! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcIEEdTiNak

Note that there are probably better versions of this if you look around.

Gaga's shoes are so awesome, and she's having so much fun with them, but god Elton looks out of it :( And she's trying to help him and sing with him but he's just like :confused:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Leaving for field work at 6 am... I won't be able to see the Alejandro video til I get back at probably 6pm. Argh lady gaga!!! why 9 am??

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

LITERALLY MAD IRL posted:

I can't decide whether I found that really really hot or just really really weird.

I'm pretty turned on and confused myself, so you're not alone.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Ma_NiC posted:

Uh, yeah. I can't not sing "balls" when I'm singing along.

I still think Monster should've been on the new moon or eclipse soundtrack and had a music video done to it about Bella and Jacob.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Oh no my two favorites are Muse and Gaga what does this mean?? :ohdear:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

The photoshop job there is horrific. Her rear end looks like a real doll.

I'm not disputing that she has an rear end, I've seen it many a time, but her rear end on that cover looks so loving fake.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

UMG got that one fast.

I listened to it once and didn't like it at all. Maybe I'll give it another go if I can find it again, but it sounded really bland that first time.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

somnambulist posted:

Her stuff has always been pretty polarizing, even her best efforts like bad romance had reviews where people just didn't like it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/songreviews/bad-romance-20091029

Interested to hear the whole album, especially the Florence and Beck collaborations.

I'm definitely excited to hear her with Florence, two of my fave female vocals.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

I loooove the Perfect Illusion video! Song is growing on me especially with the visuals (definitely shot in the desert outside of LA) - also that album cover! I'm hype.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Boob Dylan posted:

Diamond Heart is one of the best songs she's ever done and should have been the leading single, there I said it.

Agreein with this. I also loved Perfect Illusion but Million Reasons is sorta meh to me.
Angel down is also blowing my mind right now, especially the electronic elements.

ETA: Hey does anybody else think Dancing in Circle is about masturbation? I mean, I'm pretty sure....

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 17, 2016

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

lmbo if you think she needs to say I'M AGAINST DONALD TRUMP AND MIKE PENCE as she, lady gaga, plays Born This Way and ends her show with a literal mic drop

that is the substance

That's not obvious enough for some people.

Anyway, great performance. Do you think the audience had to study and practice/rehearse to be in the audience?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Singing This Land is Your Land instead of the official anthem was actually pretty great fyi http://www.npr.org/2000/07/03/1076186/this-land-is-your-land

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm debating guys, would it be worth it to see Gaga at Wrigley Field? If it were an ARTPOP tour I'd totally do it, but Joanne doesn't do it for me as much as her earlier stuff. Is it going to be as big a spectacle as the other tours?

Yes do it

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

somnambulist posted:

And it's directed by Jonas Åkerlund :allears:

Is this the last part of the Telephone trilogy? :O It says The End. One of her best videos in years.

When the bottle hits her bahaha.

edit:

Here's a link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1KRPosTSg

that link was removed and i subscribed to apple music for "free" for 3 months to watch it.......... worth it!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Found this one on youtube of the Cure I hate Tidal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShpQMg1k-E

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think ARTPOP is maybe her best album :shobon: (if you swap out the R. Kelly "Do What U Want" for the Christina Aguilera version)

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

somnambulist posted:

No but seriously--

Marry the night
Judas
Born this way
Government Hooker
Bloody Mary
Bad Kids
Heavy Metal Lover
Electric Chapel
You and I
Edge of Glory

What. a. fantastic. album.

The Fame Monster is my number 2, followed by ARTPOP, followed by The Fame, Followed by Joanne.

I don't love Joanne, but Diamond Heart is one of my favorite tracks by her, and I really like John Wayne and Come to Mama.

Also, I think Perfect Illusion is underrated and so is most of ARTPOP.

I agree with you almost exactly. i think the Fame is better than ARtpop. But Diamond Heart is the best on Joanne.

Teeth owns.

• Locked thread