Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
optiuum
Sep 9, 2006
Spotify is great. I just don't see how they can justify that £10 a month subscription. Thats about half what I pay for the internet itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

optiuum
Sep 9, 2006

quote:

Does anyone in the UK want to log in to my account for me? I got the boot today haha.

edit: nvm, i forgot that sawful charges for pm

optiuum fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 11, 2009

optiuum
Sep 9, 2006

Kaiho posted:

This combined with your post above just proves that you are a cheap bastard.

So i'm cheap. The free version of spotify works so well that £10 a month for an upgrade in quality and no-ads seems pretty excessive. I think its likely to put people off.

When Last.fm was just getting started it charged £1.50 a month for a similar, slight upgrade to personal radio and no-ads.

Rkelly posted:

How can you justify all artists on spotify splitting ad revenue and subscription revenue? That is nothing at all for the artists even compared to itunes. If I am wrong I would like the understand the model. I have a lot of friends with their music on spotify. How does payment work?

As far as I know their method for artist payment is a trade secret.

optiuum fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 12, 2009

optiuum
Sep 9, 2006

Three Red Lights posted:

Reminder that £10 is what a single album costs if you, y'know, buy it.

Yeah and the record labels are having no problems whatsoever with selling albums at that price lol.

optiuum fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 12, 2009

optiuum
Sep 9, 2006

Three Red Lights posted:

Im not following you, surely £10 for unlimited music on demand for a month is a good deal whichever way you slice it? Are you saying that it should cost less than a single album? Of course if you compare it to just stealing it then its a bad deal but then thats just stupid.

Yes i'm saying it should cost less than a single album. I don't own any of the tracks on spotify. I can only listen to them on my computer, and to be frank I can already get streamed music on my computer for free, through spotify itself.

• Locked thread