Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Anyone getting this "can't play current track" error on the Windows desktop app?

loving thing just comes up randomly all the time now. That premium Spotify account works perfectly on another Windows 10 PC, two phones and a Galaxy tablet. But this oval office of a program will just refuse to play music at random on this one PC. Have tried everything people on the internet claim is a solution -reinstalled everything, cleared any cache that it there to be cleared, turned off high quality audio, turned off hardware acceleration, Windows up to date, etc. Everything short of reinstalling audio drivers and disabling stuff deep down in the sound driver settings.

This install happened after upgrading the account to premium and was never used with a free account,. The audio is out via HDMI.

I was using this to play kids music for my son but it's to the point now that it's borderline unusable if I have to set him down and gently caress about restarting the program every 10 minutes if we want to keep listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
This machine is a factory Windows 10 install from Lenovo and there hasn't been any other hiccups. There's plenty of stuff online about people getting this issue with Mac OS and Linux somehow (through Wine or something?).

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Papa John Misty posted:

Has anyone seen absolute garbage (Android Auto voice) search results, like random users playlists instead of albums, and a ton of "can't find" results for poo poo that definitely exists?

I gave up on that pretty quickly. Even if I named the album and had it saved to the phone, it'd just play the radio station for that artist by streaming data.

I've been meaning to retry it with Spotify in offline mode and the albums saved to my phone.

• Locked thread