Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm confused as to how to use these invites. All I see on spotify is a way to request an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
loving love Spotify and it does just about 99% of the stuff I want it to do, but the mobile app (android at least) definitely has some problems. As far as I can see, theres no way to sort within a playlist which is frustrating. My general strategy is just to have one playlist that I throw all the music I like into and listen on that. On the pc this works great as I can either just shuffle through all my music or listen to particular but on mobile it's annoying as gently caress as I can't search (or even order) my playlists so it's nearly impossible to find specific songs in my 2000+ song playlist, especially while driving. It's even worse when I have songs imported from itunes, because it least with stuff on spotify I can just search for it outside of the playlist but with my imported stuff it's pretty much impossible to find other than just looking through my long rear end list :(

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
If I add my local files to spotify on my PC is there any way I can get spotify to upload them and allow me to play them on my other computer/phone/whatever?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

tomm posted:

So I managed to get a trial for premium and boy does the Android app suck hard. It feels so unfinished it just isn't worth paying for at all.

Be glad you didn't try it before the last upgrade. It's significantly better than it used to be.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I just wish I could sort loving playlists on my android.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
That link doesn't do anything helpful for me either, just lets me log in then basically gives me a spiel.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Friends Are Evil posted:

Found this in some comments section somewhere. It automatically played some terrible album, but once I clicked it, the browser beta started working for me. Your mileage may vary.

This is the best thing. Does anyone know if it's possible to scrobble to last.fm using this though?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Rexides posted:

You mean the current Spotify :colbert:

Being a student in the US sucks because of all the loans, but good news for you guys today: https://www.spotify.com/us/student/

This is indeed very goods news.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I think the moral of this thread is that we all enjoy Spotify in different ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Paper With Lines posted:

Ha, the funniest one for me was Lorde. I loved her so much the summer of 2013 but now I can't stand her. Not even hipster level "ugh, everyone loves her now," I just find her annoying.

Haha, this is identical for me. I was in the top 1% of lorde listeners and absolutely adored her music, most notably Bravado, but now I just can't do it.

• Locked thread