Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, guys, Spotify will not work in other countries after 2 weeks. Trust me, I downloaded it in Finland and when I arrived in America it keeps stopping every two weeks. The only way I can get around it is to have friends from Finland log in every time it stops.

In other words, you can proxy to get around to downloading it, but you can't (very well) from using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Return to Sender posted:

Is there a way to extend the period after two weeks using a proxy or is it just easier to make a new account?

I loved Spotify when I tried it out earlier this summer. Something as simple as this would slow piracy a ridiculous amount.

Only ways are to have someone from the country that you set up the account with log in, and then use it. Or create new accounts I guess, but that's a more lengthy process.

• Locked thread