Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Cart posted:

Am I just retarded or can you no longer choose multiple genres when launching a radio station?

I've been wondering this too, it's annoying that a nice feature was taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

dik-dik posted:

Get friends with better taste in music. At least half of my new music comes from browsing the listening histories of a couple of friends of mine who have really good taste in music.

So what you're saying is that you're the one with bad taste amongst your friends.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Spotify: Here's my Last.fm, you can judge for yourself.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm holding out hope that the iPad app is slow in the making because they are including spotify apps in it.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

nomapple posted:

That's a shame that it now "requires" facebook :( I still haven't synced my account with FB because I really don't need it posting to my friends every time I listen to a song or whatever.

Not defending the facebook integration, but you can turn off the automatic song posting in spotify's settings.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does it play a kids song when you play it because for some strange reason it does for me

Do you have your home music library set up in Spotify? I had the worst problem with Spotify playing random live performances, or different songs with the same title from my library as replacements for whatever I was listening to.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

DanManIt posted:

It's titled "Current House/Trance" by Brian Lasser.

Does anyone have any other favorite playlists like this? Particularly playlists that represent a genre/style well, or keep up with new releases in one or something?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
^ That was my understanding as well, but I occasionally get 'linked' tracks even on though I've removed all local files from Spotify.

Is it maybe also an indication that there are alternate versions available to stream?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I am all for this idea as well.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
If you have a tape deck, I've been happier with this than anything else short of a line-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've actually had the discover tab throw some decent suggestions my way. Of course, I only know they're decent suggestions because I already knew and liked what it was suggesting - but spotify didn't have any way to know that.

I guess I don't see what the outrage is all about (not here specifically, but I've seen people furious about this all over the place)? Even if it doesn't work all that well for you, it doesn't seem like it's in the way to me.

• Locked thread