Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Is there a way to hide sidebar items in the PC app? I'm still on the trial version so I don't care about things like "Devices" when I could devote that space to more playlists.

(:qq: My scrollbar :qq:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

What's the cheapest way to listen to synced tracks on the go? I've started running again, but my iPod touch is too old to be supported :argh: and the only supported devices I have are an iPad and a laptop, neither of which is exactly suited to keep me company during a run.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Is there a way to disable the Android app from controlling music on other devices in the same Wifi network? At least once a week my phone hijacks my work computer mid-playlist and starts playing something else even though I haven't touched my phone in two or three hours.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

GTO posted:

I have all of 'my music' (previously the starred playlist) set to auto sync to my mobile devices. So the library is basically what you can listen to on the move.

I do pretty much the same thing. In practice it's kind of neat because that means that I can treat it like an iPod library and go through it by artist or album, but in practice 99% of the time I'll just hit the shuffle button at the top or scroll to a particular song. The only functionality I guess I'm missing out on might be recommendations, but I have a last.fm account that goes back to 2006 that I have Spotify scrobbling to so the recommendations are more comprehensive than anything just using my Spotify data.

e: The last.fm application/extension/whatever was pretty good when that was a thing, but of course as a useful feature, it got patched out a while ago.

• Locked thread