Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
I've been debating wether to buy Spotify for ages cause I'm cheap but the thing that puts me off most is that I'll mostly use it on my Galaxy Nexus and I haven't heard many great things about the app for it to be worth £10 a month. I just use Google Music at the moment and whilst the app isn't amazing or anything it does what I need for free. It's just now and again I'm walking to work or whatever and I feel like listening to a song I don't have in my library, I think Spotify would come in handy. But not £10 a month worth of handy. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
It's not that it's expensive, it's whether I'll make enough use out of it for it to be worth the money. I guess I could just give it a try for a month.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
So I managed to get a trial for premium and boy does the Android app suck hard. It feels so unfinished it just isn't worth paying for at all.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

Cart posted:

Where's the best place to start if I'm looking for a few solid playlists for an upcoming work party? Just upbeat background noise for a youngish hip crowd, nothing too offensive or out there.

http://playlists.net/ has thousands but they're mostly pretty bad. I've found a few alright ones for parties in the past though.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

me your dad posted:

gently caress yes, thanks! Now there are really no gaping holes in the catalog for me. I own all the Beatles albums I would want so those can be added locally. Same with Tool. And AC/DC is one of my least favorite bands so that's not a hard hit.

I love that Spotify are adding more stuff but the locally adding thing is a pain when using a mobile device. This is where Google Play shines.

• Locked thread